New Kits 2011/12

Tooj

I suppose they'll be replacing the above with the version with the blue star!

What the fuck is that shit too? Clutching at straws, United were formed in 1892 - east and west were the date above but that means nowt!

Well the red shirt is Newcastle East End's home shirt and that club was indeed formed in 1881. But the 1881 'badge' they're showing behind Perch clearly states Newcastle United in the ribbon. The club with that identity didn't even exist for another 11 years!!!

Surely one of Ashley's biggest faux pas yet? Trying a marketing ploy for an anniversary that's absolutely meaningless (we've all ridiculed 125 year anniversaries but 130 years? Seriously??) for a club that hasn't existing for 119 years and with a shirt whose primary colour is that of our arch-rivals. Good work Mike! :good:

The 'grandad-collar' shirt looks the business but is devoid of adidas sponsorship for obvious reasons which makes it almost certainly being made by Score Draw (they did the same with the Umbro shirts). Trouble is it also loses the 3 stripes on the sleeves which was part and parcel of the shirt IMO. I still have the original anyway so will stick with that. That's one thing that TOFFS have over Score Draw. They seem to have the licence to use the kit manufacturers logos (i.e. on the retro England shirts).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. I have the old version without the blue star

Also, while the Umbro badge is missing, they used to peel off anyway. Well the old crest certainly did at any rate. Curled up so you had to pick bits off.

Also, while the Umbro badge is missing, they used to peel off anyway. Well the old crest certainly did at any rate. Curled up so you had to pick bits off.

These ones look like the badges are embroidered tbf. That was the shit thing with Umbro shirts - everything was replica except the patches.

Oh aye and for years they never sold shirts with a sponsors logo did they? I think the first one I had that did was the barcode effort with the Greenalls logo.

These ones look like the badges are embroidered tbf. That was the shit thing with Umbro shirts - everything was replica except the patches.

Oh aye and for years they never sold shirts with a sponsors logo did they? I think the first one I had that did was the barcode effort with the Greenalls logo.

The badges came off the shorts for that one even quicker still like iirc. You got the full kit at that age obviously.

And aye, the barcode kit was the first time I remember sponsors appearing on the replicas 'as standard'

Them shorts man - tighter than a gnats areshole but aye, we all probably had them - socks too.

Greenalls really got shafted on that sponsorship deal didn't they? 4½ years they sponsored us and their logo only appeared on the kit for the last 4 months of it!

Just brought back memories of those dreadful sew-on brown-ale patches the club handed out to anyone who'd been stupid enough to buy a Greenall's sponsored shirt when it launched (club had already announced that Newcastle Breweries were taking over again by the time the new shirt had been released IIRC).

Them shorts man - tighter than a gnats areshole but aye, we all probably had them - socks too.

Greenalls really got shafted on that sponsorship deal didn't they? 4½ years they sponsored us and their logo only appeared on the kit for the last 4 months of it!

Just brought back memories of those dreadful sew-on brown-ale patches the club handed out to anyone who'd been stupid enough to buy a Greenall's sponsored shirt when it launched (club had already announced that Newcastle Breweries were taking over again by the time the new shirt had been released IIRC).

:lol: How grim did they look man? And that was just to start with, they looked fucking hideous once they'd been through the wash a couple times.

I thought they'd have at least stuck some white bits on the bar covering the Greenalls bit but no, they left it all black.

Remember one poor sod at school who didn't know about the sponsorship change and had been bought one of the shirts when they first come out and reckoned we were 'talking shite' when we said it'd be out of date within a couple of months.

Sure enough in January he turned up to PE with his blue star 'patch' trampily sewn onto the front. First challenge he got involved in, another lad grabbed his shirt and prompty ripped the patch off. He was in tears reckoning that we'd fucked his shirt and the shop wouldn't let him have another one. We did him a fucking favour! :lol:

IIRC correctly you could iron on the blue star over the top. My dad took me to the club shop when it was at the Haymarket to get one and the only size they had left was XL. So I had a small boys home strip..with a huge fuck off blue star on the front of it as I DEMANDED my mother iron it on. What a tit.

I thought they'd have at least stuck some white bits on the bar covering the Greenalls bit but no, they left it all black.

Remember one poor sod at school who didn't know about the sponsorship change and had been bought one of the shirts when they first come out and reckoned we were 'talking shite' when we said it'd be out of date within a couple of months.

Sure enough in January he turned up to PE with his blue star 'patch' trampily sewn onto the front. First challenge he got involved in, another lad grabbed his shirt and prompty ripped the patch off. He was in tears reckoning that we'd fucked his shirt and the shop wouldn't let him have another one. We did him a fucking favour! :lol:

:lol: That's still hilarious at 34 but it must have been fucking hysterical at 13.

Cheers for that, didn't see that in the thread you created for it on this forum.

If you want people to support a cause don't put it in every post you fucking moron :lol:

Edited by Gejon

Speaking of sponsors. Northern Rock were meant to be on our strips til 2014. Seems like we have decided to cut that short rather than them to try and chase more $. Good example to set for possible investors

Definitely going to be sports direct.

Speaking of sponsors. Northern Rock were meant to be on our strips til 2014. Seems like we have decided to cut that short rather than them to try and chase more $. Good example to set for possible investors

Pictured you saying that ala Dustin Hoffman in Rainman.

I pictured you saying that ala Lawrence Fishburne in The Matrix

:spit:

I had a very early 80s top that had the big Newcastle Brown Ale circle on the front as I remember.

I had a very early 80s top that had the big Newcastle Brown Ale circle on the front as I remember.

The Bukta one? Old skool.