New Kits 2011/12

Tooj

Away and 3rd shirts are always something of a lottery. I think the last non-black and white shirt that made the club a ton of cash would be the 1995-6 hooped throwback shirt. There have been some nice designs since but nothing that eye catching or classy, a difficult task with polyester!

I think this years offerings are quite sensible, nice plain designs in popular colours.

For me the biggest issue with the home kit is (not only the awful plastic sponsor patch) but the big back panel for the mumbers. Why don't we go back to red numbers on a retro style shirt next season?

Best away shirts we've had in recent years are the Gold/black effort from when Kluivert was on our books, the royal blue one around about the same time and also the purple number we had a couple of years back.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Away and 3rd shirts are always something of a lottery. I think the last non-black and white shirt that made the club a ton of cash would be the 1995-6 hooped throwback shirt. There have been some nice designs since but nothing that eye catching or classy, a difficult task with polyester!

I think this years offerings are quite sensible, nice plain designs in popular colours.

For me the biggest issue with the home kit is (not only the awful plastic sponsor patch) but the big back panel for the mumbers. Why don't we go back to red numbers on a retro style shirt next season?

Spot-on mate about the panel on the back. Im fucking sick of it. Last 3 home kits have had them. looks awful. Get the stripes on the back with a red number.

Best away shirts we've had in recent years are the Gold/black effort from when Kluivert was on our books, the royal blue one around about the same time and also the purple number we had a couple of years back.

Wasn't that royal blue one ironed on stripes though?

Newcastle-05-Blue-USE_4_1_1_1.jpg

Or was this your fave? :icon_lol:

image_16698.jpg

My fave away shirt in recent times was the second all back one from 03-04 (I think) when we couldn't win a game wearing it.

Newcastle-04-Black_1.gif

image_16698.jpg

My fave away shirt in recent times was the second all back one from 03-04 (I think) when we couldn't win a game wearing it.

Newcastle-04-Black_1.gif

Aye they were the iron on stripes - as was the purple kit too. Still one of my favourties.

Never been a fan of away shirts with black or white on them as I don't see the point.

The middle one I loved until I saw it in the flesh. Was like blue tin foil IIRC. Design promised so much too.

image_16698.jpg

Newcastle-04-Black_1.gif

Aye they were the iron on stripes - as was the purple kit too. Still one of my favourties.

Never been a fan of away shirts with black or white on them as I don't see the point.

The middle one I loved until I saw it in the flesh. Was like blue tin foil IIRC. Design promised so much too.

Yeah, it radiated more than Chernobyl.

It might say something about the demographic of the board, have we been invaded by Kevins? :icon_lol:

To be fair I rarely wear one to the match anymore and when I do it's impractical, I've been after another Toffs vintage one for ages so I might just make the leap.

Only time I ever wear one now is when I'm playing 5 a side.

Acceptable.

At football training.

And I'm mighty fucked off I never bought one of these shirts.

newcastle-united-09-10-third-adidas-kit.jpg

That was a beauty of a shirt!!

I wear home top to the game and 3rd shirt when playing 7's. Other than that i dont wear them.

By the way, when you google "Newcastle 3rd Strip" for images you get these:

Bronte

Bronte%20pic%201_New.jpg

Cassie

Cassie%20female%20stripper%2002_New_New.jpg

Rikki

Rikki%2022_New.jpg

Pixie (really???)

Pixie%200223.jpg

There was also a male midget but i didn't want to embarrass Wacky

For some reason, not quite what I expected.