New Kits 2011/12

Tooj

Nice. I have the old version without the blue star

Also, while the Umbro badge is missing, they used to peel off anyway. Well the old crest certainly did at any rate. Curled up so you had to pick bits off.

These ones look like the badges are embroidered tbf. That was the shit thing with Umbro shirts - everything was replica except the patches.

Oh aye and for years they never sold shirts with a sponsors logo did they? I think the first one I had that did was the barcode effort with the Greenalls logo.

I had a very early 80s top that had the big Newcastle Brown Ale circle on the front as I remember.

The Bukta one? Old skool.

Chris Waddle acne faced pre-mullet kit.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, while the Umbro badge is missing, they used to peel off anyway. Well the old crest certainly did at any rate. Curled up so you had to pick bits off.

These ones look like the badges are embroidered tbf. That was the shit thing with Umbro shirts - everything was replica except the patches.

Oh aye and for years they never sold shirts with a sponsors logo did they? I think the first one I had that did was the barcode effort with the Greenalls logo.

I had a very early 80s top that had the big Newcastle Brown Ale circle on the front as I remember.

I think we'd shipped Bukta by then hadn't we? Pretty certain the first kit with the blue star on it on a white circle was the first Umbro design we had (one with the umbro diamonds right down the sleeves, black collar, magpie & keep badge). The kit KK wore on his debut.

I think we'd shipped Bukta by then hadn't we? Pretty certain the first kit with the blue star on it on a white circle was the first Umbro design we had (one with the umbro diamonds right down the sleeves, black collar, magpie & keep badge). The kit KK wore on his debut.

Yeah, it was Umbro. Got them sent down from my Dad's mate for Christmas. I had the piss taken out of me whenever I wore it due to everyone supporting Liverpool. :lol:

Looks like Northern Rock won't be appearing on our shirts next year whatever happens.....

Northern Rock is being sold to Virgin Money for £747m, the government has announced.

The bank was nationalised in 2008 following its near collapse at the onset of the global credit crunch.

The government subsequently split the bank into two, Northern Rock plc, and Northern Rock (Asset Management), into which was placed its bad debt.

Northern Rock plc will be rebranded as Virgin Money, which has pledged no compulsory job cuts for three years.

The bank currently employs 2,500 people, down from 5,500 when it was nationalised.

Sources at Northern Rock told the BBC that there were cheers at the bank's Newcastle headquarters when the news of the Virgin Money deal was announced.

The government said Northern Rock customers would see no change to their accounts and services and would not need to take any action.

BBC business editor Robert Peston said taxpayers had injected £1.4bn into Northern Rock plc.

He added that in addition to the immediate £747m the government will get back following the completion of the sale, there is the potential for the Treasury to receive a further £280m over the next few years.

"So on paper, taxpayers end up with a loss of somewhere between £400m and £650m," said our business editor.

The size of the losses contained in the bad bank part of Northern Rock are still uncertain, but could amount to as much as £21bn.

Chancellor George Osborne said: "The sale of Northern Rock to Virgin Money is an important first step in getting the British taxpayer out of the business of owning banks.

"It represents value for money, will increase choice on the High Street for customers, and safeguards jobs in the North East."

The sale of Northern Rock plc is expected to be completed on 1 January 2012.

The government said it had no plans to sell Northern Rock (Asset Management).

Virgin Money has pledged to establish a new headquarters in Newcastle, where Northern Rock is based.

It also also agreed not to close any branches and instead to increase their number "as the business' growth allows", and support Northern Rock's charitable foundation for a year.

In addition to paying £747m on completion of the sale, the government said Virgin Money was "expected" to pay an additional £50m within six months, and then a further £150m.

If Virgin Money sells or lists Northern Rock on the stock exchange in the next five years, it will have to pay the government an additional £50m to £80m.

Ron Sandler, Northern Rock executive chairman, said: "The return of Northern Rock to the private sector has always been one of our key objectives.

"We said that this would be done at the right time and when there was a proposition in the best interests of taxpayers and other stakeholders.

"It is a very positive outcome for the company following a significant restructuring process."

The Unite trade union said it hoped the announcement of the sale to Virgin Money "will be the start of a secure future" for Northern Rock's workforce.

The leader of Newcastle City Council, Nick Forbes, said it was "delighted that the future of Northern Rock has now been decided".

"The decision by Virgin Money to make Newcastle their home sends a message of confidence in our city and the wider North East," he said.

A savings and mortgage bank, Northern Rock currently has more than 70 branches.

The bank was formed in 1997 when the former Northern Rock Building Society floated on the London Stock Exchange.

It was delisted following its nationalisation.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-15769886

That's the one I was thinking of Craig, aye. I actually had it as well (and had it in my mind it was Bukta) for some reason. I remember having a pair of Bukta football shorts as an aside. Terrible chafing issues with those.

Guest CabayeAye

What the fuck is this shit?

Ant is you're reading give him that Sports Direct badge as punishment. <_<

Less of that avatar shit. I had to put up with a *** ****** for a whole week last time!

Edited by CabayeAye

Guest CabayeAye

You're lucky you *** that out so we can pretend you were saying something else.

needless to say i seen it when it was fe****

I meant fecker, honestly! :)

I was only joking, but after I put it up, I thouoght it was probably too far, even in jest, so I *ed it out.

Sorry!

Edited by CabayeAye

I wont buy one so it doesn't bother me.

The people at Toffs must be crossing their fingers that he does put Sports Direct on the shirts. It will be a serious loss of revenue for the fat man.

300914.jpg

Tossers.

I tell you what, how good does that look? (minus the umbro tbf).

My original of that never had the blue star as they never included them in the strips for sale. I want this but really do not want to give NUFC/Fatty a penny. :(

Who'd buy the grandad collar shirt from scoredraw/Nufc when you can get the original adidas one from the likes of ebay for the same price or cheaper? (That's even if you don't still have the old one in your wardrobe?)

Guest CabayeAye

Who'd buy the grandad collar shirt from scoredraw/Nufc when you can get the original adidas one from the likes of ebay for the same price or cheaper? (That's even if you don't still have the old one in your wardrobe?)

TBF, mine went mouldy after I left it on the floor wet, so my Mother hoyed it away. Doesn't matter like, I was 12 at the time, so it wouldn't fit me now! Would love a one now though.