New Kits 2011/12

Tooj

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they changed their minds, providing they ever actually did abandon the idea...

May 10: Cardiff chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee announces the club have scrapped plans to change the colour of their home shirt and club badge.

He says: "In the light of the vociferous opposition by a number of the fans to the proposals being considered as expressed directly to our local management and through various media and other outlets, we will not proceed with the proposed change of colour and logo and the team will continue to play in blue at home for the next season with the current badge."

June 6: Cardiff announce the club have changed the colour of their home shirt and club badge.

A statement reads: 'The colour red is widely recognised as being synonymous with Welsh culture and heritage, with Cardiff the proud capital of the country. The colour also holds strong spiritual significance in Asia, where it is seen as a symbol of prosperity, power and good fortune.'

Edited by Sonatine

Isn't that effectively Wrexhams kit? Can't see that going down well at all. I remember reading about that a couple of weeks ago and their owners spat the dummy out when there was a big backlash from the fans. They basically said if you won't let us do this there won't be any more money.

Beyond a joke, 'There will be no Cardiff without this investment' some may say. There's no Cardiff with them either as this isn't Cardiff City. When football turned a blind eye to the MK Dons fiasco then nothing is sacred. I'd call it a day if I was a Bluebird as the last resort, Asian fans might not be too bothered 'supporting' a club with an empty stadium.

One of the new shirts is lime green apparently. If this isn't already public knowledge, I'm claiming a Toontastic exclusive.

The home one has the spikes too, but I think that was known.

The ''Lime Green'' kit ended up being the Maroon away kit - the design was the same just not the colour.

As part of the same ''leak'' there was a black and white ''blackburn halves'' kit although we still haven't seen anything more, we'll get to call it a European kit again at least. :lol:

EDIT : These are the leaked photos. Obviously the final product has the current sponsor.

NewcastleKitLeak.jpg

Hmmm I don't want to say too much in case I get this person I know in bother. But unless they're completely unnecessarily lying to me (I couldn't give a shit about the kits and didn't ask for any info), there's still gonna be a green one.

Edited by Gemmill

He might have just seen the same pictures tbh, not necessarily lying.

Oh well, new home kit is August 1st so we'll soon see the 3rd.