New Kits 2011/12

Tooj

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking through the Away Kits and it claims we played in red and white stripes when playing Bolton in the 1951 F.A Cup campaign.

:cuppa:

newcastle_united_1951-jan-Bolton.gif

Jan 27 1951

v Bolton FA Cup

Loving the 'Brazil' kits of 1973-75 :(

Ah that black adidas one just further up the thread has served me well for gym/loafing about. The Northern Rock logo has only just started peeling off recently as well.

• 2 weeks later...

The ball for next year.

Nike_Premier_League_Ball_11_12_Leaked.jpg

Nearly as bad as the transformer ball from last year. I love this years ball and this new one looks rank.

I want stripes on the back and red numbers.

Nothing difficult just black and white stripes front and back.

nufcfairscup.jpg

Perfect.

Last time I remember us having red numbers without a patch was 86/87. All the subesquent Umbro efforts after that had a small white patch.

IIRC the numbers in 86/87 were largely unreadable from all but close distance. Don't think they'd have that problem this time though as the red numbers have a white mask around them don't they?

West Brom's shirt looks the business IMO when it comes to the numbering. Proof indeed that you don't need a fucking awful patch. I think the Fairs Cup strip is a good call - particularly in a 'Tailored By' type style. Problem is the awful adidas effort of 97-99 was based on that wasn't it?

newcastle1112.jpg

How are we getting a new shirt next season, we only got one this season.

Anyway that shirt looks like Cronulla fuckin Sharks. Terrible. The colour scheme was like that when we were languishing in the second division late 70s.

newcastle1112.jpg

How are we getting a new shirt next season, we only got one this season.

Anyway that shirt looks like Cronulla fuckin Sharks. Terrible. The colour scheme was like that when we were languishing in the second division late 70s.

We're definitely getting a change again this summer. Something written into the Puma contract I believe. I'm sure I've read somewhere that the 2 season home shirt thing is an adidas and NOT Premier League charter.