Dyer goes back to Ipswich on Loan

KeithJ

Dyer has signed back to Ipswich on loan for a month.

It never ceases to amaze me that we sold him for £6mil. Another so called Top Class player who done nothing but fail the potential he had. He was very quick and very energetic. I still remember his goal against Everton where he knocked it over two of the on rushing Everton players before slotting it home.

It seems the only man who got anything out of him was Bobby Robson and all he done in return was get the poor man the sack.

Never fulfilled his talent. I wonder if he will regret how his career panned out or just count the money and sunday roasts.

As long as he has enough wonga to get more of the white stuff I dont think he will give a toss. Symptomatic of the could not give a fuck attitude that stopped him being a much better footballer.

I did chuckle when in the press conference he said his injuries were nothing to do with his lifestyle as he's always been a model professional.

I did chuckle when in the press conference he said his injuries were nothing to do with his lifestyle as he's always been a model professional.

Noticed that too, it's scary to see such a promising career pissed up the wall of a cop shop.

Indeed, you'll never know if he was somebody who could have lived a model life and still was just a crock and unlucky, but you'd think with all the trouble he was having he might have thought it worth a go to cut out all the drugs, drinking and whatever else he might have been into to see if he got injury free.

Same goes for Woodgate and that was a genuinely massive waste as i think he was in the Maldini, Baresi class of player without question, should have been hailed as an alltime great.

Having the correct mentality and the ability to work very hard is a talent in itself, one that both Dyer and Woodgate lacked.

Very true. You can't say "if only" about Pedro, he was a model professional in both looking after himself and working hard I understand.

I get the impression Dyer and Woodgate are very thick which might have something to do with it.

Edited by Kitman

Look at Shearer as an example, he was gifted with extraordinary mental strength and prowess (still a member of MENSA) and a talent for grafting. As a result he forged himself into a world-class striker and even severe injuries could not prevent him from continuing as a top-class player.

he'd be borderline for mensa surely. not taking anything away from him, but when we got him, he'd already fecked his knee. didn't stop him from being a great, great player.

Look at Shearer as an example, he was gifted with extraordinary mental strength and prowess (still a member of MENSA) and a talent for grafting. As a result he forged himself into a world-class striker and even severe injuries could not prevent him from continuing as a top-class player.

he'd be borderline for mensa surely. not taking anything away from him, but when we got him, he'd already fecked his knee. didn't stop him from being a great, great player.

That's the point. Other players, without his talents for mental strength and hard work, would have failed to continue in the top flight after severe ligament damage and broken ankles.

Having the correct mentality and the ability to work very hard is a talent in itself, one that both Dyer and Woodgate lacked.

Very true. You can't say "if only" about Pedro, he was a model professional in both looking after himself and working hard I understand.

I get the impression Dyer and Woodgate are very thick which might have something to do with it.

A lad i went to uni with, his dad taught Woodgate and said he was thick by footballer standards, which makes him borderline special!

And agree with people about Shearer, he was certainly gifted, but allied to his mentality and strength of character he stepped it up even higher and there are many players who would have been finished at the top level with even 1 of his injuries never mind all of them.