Dyer goes back to Ipswich on Loan

KeithJ

Having the correct mentality and the ability to work very hard is a talent in itself, one that both Dyer and Woodgate lacked.

Very true. You can't say "if only" about Pedro, he was a model professional in both looking after himself and working hard I understand.

I get the impression Dyer and Woodgate are very thick which might have something to do with it.

A lad i went to uni with, his dad taught Woodgate and said he was thick by footballer standards, which makes him borderline special!

My missus went to school with a lad who'd take any dare for 10p. They used to think up daft stuff for him to do, like eating worms or sticking paper in his arse and setting light to it. It was the lunchtime entertainment. I bet Woodgate is like that - not mental but a bit daft, shit happening because he is usually in the wrong place at the wrong time, like the Leeds 'racist incident'.

Having the correct mentality and the ability to work very hard is a talent in itself, one that both Dyer and Woodgate lacked.

Very true. You can't say "if only" about Pedro, he was a model professional in both looking after himself and working hard I understand.

I get the impression Dyer and Woodgate are very thick which might have something to do with it.

not thick but spoiled - certainly Dyer thought it was easy - and it was for a while - but as you get older you have to put the effort in - Giggs for example

Hypothetically, if West Ham had offered Dyer to us just to the end of the season just after we sold carroll, no strings attached (small loan fee, say 10-15grand/week, no obligation to buy) would you have gone for it?

I think I would have been tempted to. He's so different to any of our forward thinking players that I think he'd still be a better impact sub option than most of what we have, and a decent back-up when a couple of midfielders are unavailable.

Obviously a long-term non-pay-as-you-play deal would be unacceptable

Hypothetically, if West Ham had offered Dyer to us just to the end of the season just after we sold carroll, no strings attached (small loan fee, say 10-15grand/week, no obligation to buy) would you have gone for it?

I think I would have been tempted to. He's so different to any of our forward thinking players that I think he'd still be a better impact sub option than most of what we have, and a decent back-up when a couple of midfielders are unavailable.

Obviously a long-term non-pay-as-you-play deal would be unacceptable

No. I think he's probably finished as a player plus he's plainly a cock end.

A lad i went to uni with, his dad taught Woodgate and said he was thick by footballer standards, which makes him borderline special!

And agree with people about Shearer, he was certainly gifted, but allied to his mentality and strength of character he stepped it up even higher and there are many players who would have been finished at the top level with even 1 of his injuries never mind all of them.

I believe his nickname amongst footballers is 'plank' if footballers think you're thick, you must be pretty fucking thick!