Speaking of Souness contradictions...

Craig

I'd love to find exactly what the quote was he made at the press conference when he joined as manager so forgive me if I paraphrase but I'm sure it was something like:

"This is the best group of players I've ever had to work with..."

If that's true then, either the press have mis-quoted him or he's totally going back on his opinions with this line:

Newcastle boss Graeme Souness has branded the squad he inherited from Sir Bobby Robson as rotten. (Sunday People)

All I see is an unsubstantiated quote from the Sunday friggin People.  Shame on you for trying to get some mileage out of it. :lol:

66774[/snapback]

Must be a lack of Robert quotes today... :lol:

66778[/snapback]

His are proper quotes though, the snidey little whining shitbag that he is. :lol:

All I see is an unsubstantiated quote from the Sunday friggin People.  Shame on you for trying to get some mileage out of it. :lol:

66774[/snapback]

True..... :lol:

I never did say it was legit though! (And it might still well be!) :lol:

Wasn't the first one at an introductory press conference? I'd expect no different to be said from any manager coming into a job, just pr fluff really.

The second of course being an objective and fair assessment after the fact :lol:

From the outside looking in he was right in what he said when he joined. The remarks in the People are also fair enough (if accurate) imo.

66803[/snapback]

He didn't say that when he joined though. At the beginning he said that it was an excellent group of players that didn't need wholesale changes. He won his first 6-7 games in charge against piss-poor opposition, but when the going got tough, he suddenly changed his tune and started blaming the previous management and the squad. But I guess that's just what we've come to expect from Souness - excuses, excuses and more excuses.

From the outside looking in he was right in what he said when he joined. The remarks in the People are also fair enough (if accurate) imo.

66803[/snapback]

He didn't say that when he joined though. At the beginning he said that it was an excellent group of players that didn't need wholesale changes. He won his first 6-7 games in charge against piss-poor opposition, but when the going got tough, he suddenly changed his tune and started blaming the previous management and the squad. But I guess that's just what we've come to expect from Souness - excuses, excuses and more excuses.

66821[/snapback]

I would say it took a while for the disruptive elements to chance their arm though I do accept the thrust of what you say regarding results/excuses..