Toon scout Graham Carr scours globe for talent

Tooj

Ben Arfa was/is a quality footballer but there's definitely question marks overs his attitude. Didn't he go on strike at Marsielle to force a move here in the first place? I still think a half competent manager could have sorted him out mind. And no one will ever convince me Pardew is that.

Ben Arfa was/is a quality footballer but there's definitely question marks overs his attitude. Didn't he go on strike at Marseille to force a move here in the first place? I still think a half competent manager could have sorted him out mind. And no one will ever convince me Pardew is that.

Part of the reason I think I'm less critical of the other players. Pardew's influence was not small and a player like Gouffran, who was signed as a wide forward, was ruined by Pardew stifling him as an attacker and pushing into a defensive midfield role.

I'm not saying Gouffran would have scored a hatful up front, but Pardew was as much to blame for their failings as they were.

HBA is an arsehole, but a good manager can get good performances out of arseholes.

Part of the reason I think I'm less critical of the other players. Pardew's influence was not small and a player like Gouffran, who was signed as a wide forward, was ruined by Pardew stifling him as an attacker and pushing into a defensive midfield role.

I'm not saying Gouffran would have scored a hatful up front, but Pardew was as much to blame for their failings as they were.

HBA is an arsehole, but a good manager can get good performances out of arseholes.

Despite being shit for a while now, I think we have got our moneys worth from Gouffran in his early days. Pardew's influence on the club has been massive IMO. It may be from Ashley's direction but I think Pardew played a huge part in changing the outlook of the club to being one that can't compete any more. That hungover onto McClaren and it's took Rafa to lift things. Which says something when you consider we've just been relegated.

Despite being shit for a while now, I think we have got our moneys worth from Gouffran in his early days. Pardew's influence on the club has been massive IMO. It may be from Ashley's direction but I think Pardew played a huge part in changing the outlook of the club to being one that can't compete any more. That hungover onto McClaren and it's took Rafa to lift things. Which says something when you consider we've just been relegated.

Agree wholly with this.

Carr has found players,and then we have signed them,with shit attitudes,never mind little or no ability.Cabella,Riviere,Gouffran,Obertan and the biggest waster of them all,fuckin Thauvin.They will have improved their english and that's about it.We'll never know who actually had the final say on the shit we have signed from abroad but Carr has to be held responsable for suggesting we should sign the shit we have.

Like Obertan was a Carr signing

Spot on re: 'Pards'. Speaking of which I bet he's back in full bespectacled 'intellectual' mode this week.

:lol: I knew he'd be in full on bespectacled continental mode, what a cunt. He'll be stood on the edge of the technical area glasses on with a piece of paper in his right hand, and pen in between fingers, with his arms crossed and his left hand stoking his chin as if he's in contemplation of the minute tactical adjustments he can make to guide his team to a cup win. We all know his advice for the players before the games amounted to "Yannick! Get saaam faacking chaawwwk on yaa boots saahn... and Wicks lad get in amongst them, get raaafff wiff their back line".

His sight sharply increases when the team do shit, as does his avoidance of cameras.

Edited by Howay

How anyone can say that Ben Arfa didn't disappoint in his time here is beyond me. Hugely talented, but if he wasn't injured, he was 2 stone overweight. We saw flashes of what he could do but the fact we didn't see more was a massive frustration and incredibly disappointing.

How anyone can say that Ben Arfa didn't disappoint in his time here is beyond me. Hugely talented, but if he wasn't injured, he was 2 stone overweight. We saw flashes of what he could do but the fact we didn't see more was a massive frustration and incredibly disappointing.

The Enemy of Football hath spoken.

He barely played any football, cheesedick.

He graced the pitch with rare talent and the world rejoiced. Well, the world rejoiced and one ginger man furiously gesticulated down the line to where Mathieu Debuchy was and demanded the mercurial talent help the French International defend. Then the world wept a little.

Backed Pardew over Ben Arfa just like he backed Souness over Bellamy and Robert. Like this club of ours is he destined to forever repeat the same mistakes?