Spring Gardens, North Shields

Gemmill

Anyone know it?

It kicked off big time there last night - about 3 police cars, two police vans (complete with dogs) and one ambulance. 4 or 5 blokes cuffed and taken away, one for repeatedly punching one of the coppers in the face in the car park. :D

Was anyone unlucky enough to be there last night? :blush:

Anyone know it?

It kicked off big time there last night - about 3 police cars, two police vans (complete with dogs) and one ambulance.  4 or 5 blokes cuffed and taken away, one for repeatedly punching one of the coppers in the face in the car park.  :blush:

Was anyone unlucky enough to be there last night?  :D

5478[/snapback]

Well one copper was fairly unlucky to be there :D

You pick the nicest places to live.

Hows the door standing up? Any more boot marks?

5492[/snapback]

Cheeky twaaaaat. :blush:

First bit of bother I've ever noticed there....although it was quite spectacular. :D

5492[/snapback]

Cheeky twaaaaat. :blush:

First bit of bother I've ever noticed there....although it was quite spectacular. :D

5497[/snapback]

It's pretty notorious mate. I'd give it a wide berth if I was you. I went in there when I was clueless about it and I could just tell straight away it wasn't a good idea.

It's one of these pubs that doesn't look too bad from hte outside and if you know someone who drinks there you're alright. If not, clench buttocks and prepare for the big bosh gang bang.

5602[/snapback]

......or you could always avoid the place? :D

It's one of these pubs that doesn't look too bad from hte outside and if you know someone who drinks there you're alright. If not, clench buttocks and prepare for the big bosh gang bang.

5602[/snapback]

It's a gay bar? :D

5492[/snapback]

Cheeky twaaaaat. :D

First bit of bother I've ever noticed there....although it was quite spectacular. :blush:

5497[/snapback]

It's pretty notorious mate. I'd give it a wide berth if I was you. I went in there when I was clueless about it and I could just tell straight away it wasn't a good idea.

5589[/snapback]

I've been in once, but it was on a weeknight and seemed ok. Mind, I am ABSOLUTELY NAILS though.

:D

I heard HTT, Craig, Gol and Peasepud were there! :D

5487[/snapback]

Leave me out of this please! :blush:

5635[/snapback]

And me as well for that matter - it's all in the past and doing none of us any good keep bringing it up...

5602[/snapback]

It looks like a classic 1920's- 1930's pub built - pretty average for N Shields I'd have thought

I had a couple of uncles who used to drink there - never my scene but no better or worse than a lot of places IMHO. I seem to remenber a nephew of mine had his 18th there and he's no tough guy - Royal Grammar School indeed

If Gemmill's ever had a drink in there then it must be completely mince. :D

5665[/snapback]

very wrong laddie.... very very wrong .........................

FCUM, have you experienced much of a backlash against this whole "FC United" malarky? I've read some letters from Man U fans saying they're sick of it - that it's a daft name (what with Manchester not being the first or only united, and the fact it's more divisive than uniting) that it's advocates are holier than thou and claim to speak for all "real" fans, and that they're hostile to their fellow reds.

FCUM, have you experienced much of a backlash against this whole "FC United" malarky?  I've read some letters from Man U fans saying they're sick of it - that it's a daft name (what with Manchester not being the first or only united, and the fact it's more divisive than uniting) that it's advocates are holier than thou and claim to speak for all "real" fans, and that they're hostile to their fellow reds.

5709[/snapback]

It's certainly been divisive. I've got 'mates' that I've been to games with for years who are no longer speaking to me. To many we are traitors for throwing the towel in and not continuing to 'fight from within'.

I've tried to stay out of the politics of it but it has led to a lot of friction. Out of 20 us that met up for all the games, 8 are strictly FCUM, 7 have stayed loyal to MUFC and 5 will do both (MUFC don't get many 3.00pm Saturday kick offs).

It's been an agonising decision for many of us but contrary to popular belief it isn't just about Glazer, that was just the final nail in the coffin. I feel my club has been gradually eroded for years. We were no longer 'fans' but customers who were expected to quietly make our way to our seats and sit down and shut up.

The 3 friendly games we've had have been an amazing experience. Meet your mates for a few beers, stand on the terraces and sing, then get some more beer down :D The warmth and friendliness of opposition supporters is something I've never experienced for years (if at all). We were leaving Kingson in our minibus after an AFC Wimbledon friendly last week when one of their supporters stopped us and threw a case of beer onto our bus. Can you imagine that happening in the prem!!!

There will be testing times to come, notably early season when MUFC play at St James. As usual it will open house at my place and I'll go on the drink in the town with some mates but then leave them when they go to the ground. It will be a strange experience but I can't go into the ground with them and sing and chant for a club I no longer believe in.

FCUM, have you experienced much of a backlash against this whole "FC United" malarky?  I've read some letters from Man U fans saying they're sick of it - that it's a daft name (what with Manchester not being the first or only united, and the fact it's more divisive than uniting) that it's advocates are holier than thou and claim to speak for all "real" fans, and that they're hostile to their fellow reds.

5709[/snapback]

Of the reds that I know, (referring only to ones that go to the games), they do all seem to regard the FCUM lot as a bit of an embarrassment. No offence Flowers of Manc, but it has attracted the sanctimonious element and there are a critical mass of complete cock-ends! Having said that I dont think the FCUM's are hostile to their fellow reds, thats going a wee bit far.

Incidentally, they've just started training down in East Didsbury on Parrs Wood High School's pitches - that's my old school. I'm going down to heckle them this week.

Incidentally, they've just started training down in East Didsbury on Parrs Wood High School's pitches - that's my old school. I'm going down to heckle them this week.

5719[/snapback]

Never mind the heckling, come and meet us for a few beers at Flixton tomorrow night :blush:

You never know, you might enjoy it :D

5719[/snapback]

Never mind the heckling, come and meet us for a few beers at Flixton tomorrow night :blush:

You never know, you might enjoy it :D

5725[/snapback]

Aye, but he'll probably spoil it for you lot.