Transfer Rumours 2011/2012

Barney

from .com

Reports in his native Australia claim that midfielder Mustafa Amini is set for a trial with United later this month.

The 17 year-old has earned rave reviews for his displays this season for the Central Coast Mariners, impressing in their A-League Grand Final defeat on penalties by Brisbane Roar last week.

Sydney-born, "Musty" is of Afghan/Nicaraguan parentage and his distinctive red hair has already begun to make him a cult figure, with Mariners fans donning red wigs at games since his senior team debut last October.

Before heading to Tyneside, the Aussie U20 international will spend 10 days training with current Bundesliga front runners Borussia Dortmund.

41817_164906740202314_3156653_n.jpg

Sammy, Oztoonfan know anything about him?

Edited by Barney

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team he plays for is the blackburn of the a-league. Lots of long ball with little technique. As far as he goes he was highly rated by their coach and being so young he could do anything but in saying that I don't he would make the cut for the premier leauge. Hes a fucking ugly prick as well

The team he plays for is the blackburn of the a-league. Lots of long ball with little technique. As far as he goes he was highly rated by their coach and being so young he could do anything but in saying that I don't he would make the cut for the premier leauge. Hes a fucking ugly prick as well

Really, you think they are that good?

Personally if Graham Arnold rates him it doesn't bode well for the kid.

I've seen a few league games where he's played and been surprised at the commentators enthusiasm for him but that happens a lot here, the whole "next big thing" syndrome.

If you owned a novelty wig shop you'd be hoping he does well.

He is quite technical but I compare him to the useless Aussie shites that run around in the A-League like headless chicken, and who of course don't play for Brisbane. But he has great control and seems to have oodles of time when on the ball. He looks to have a pretty decent football brain and knows when to pass it, keep it and run into space.

Not sure that English football will suit his style though, he's a bit on the slow side of things and the fact he's 17 doesn't bode well for him there, and he's not the strongest lad either. If I were him I'd showcase myself around Italy or Germany.

Edited by Ken

I think he will do well in europe. This kid has all the pre-requisites to be a quality player. He has excellent close control, plenty of skill, quite pacy and an eye for goal. In a couple of years, he could be pushing for a first team place.

Fucking hell it's 'Heed' from So I Married An Axe Murderer :icon_lol:

amini-2.jpg

"Look at the size of that boy's heed. I'm not kidding it's like an orange on a toothpick"