Silvestre

Jusoda Kid

The People are reporting today that Ferguson has to sell before he can buy in January and one of the players being touted for sale is the above along with Wes Brown and Saha.

I personally think he's a decent defender who looks as comfortable at CH as he does at RB and wouldn't definitely be an improvement on what we've currently got.

Any thoughts?

The People are reporting today that Ferguson has to sell before he can buy in January and one of the players being touted for sale is the above along with Wes Brown and Saha.

I personally think he's a decent defender who looks as comfortable at CH as he does at RB and wouldn't definitely be an improvement on what we've currently got.

Any thoughts?

66814[/snapback]

Agree, I've always thought he was canny. Buying manu cast offs isn't the way to catch them but as you say, a player who improves what you already have is a good step, providing the fee is right, because we have to start getting that right, with buys and sales.

Any thoughts?

66814[/snapback]

Agree, I've always thought he was canny. Buying manu cast offs isn't the way to catch them but as you say, a player who improves what you already have is a good step, providing the fee is right, because we have to start getting that right, with buys and sales.

66816[/snapback]

I've always hated him and i usually find myself hating a player when he's frustrated me when the toon have played against him and this is definitely the case with this bloke.

Not afraid to put himself about as well.

Pretty sure he fills in at LB not RB (unless you meant Wes).  Wouldn't want him though.  I rate him at Manchester but I don't think his heart would be in it here.

66820[/snapback]

Aye you're right LB, I know what you mean about the commitment aspect although he must know Boumsong.

The Mancs have been slating him something rotten lately. They'd happily see the back of him.

66823[/snapback]

Has he been worse than the two B's at the back for us?

66825[/snapback]

Wouldn't have a clue as I've not seen enough of him this season. One of my mates was saying in the pub that on current form that it's the weakest centre back pairing that France have had for years.

The Mancs have been slating him something rotten lately. They'd happily see the back of him.

66823[/snapback]

66825[/snapback]

Wouldn't have a clue as I've not seen enough of him this season. One of my mates was saying in the pub that on current form that it's the weakest centre back pairing that France have had for years.

66827[/snapback]

Yet France only let in 2 goals in qualifying for the World cup, although when I watched them it was Boumsong partnering Thuram.

As for Silvestre, we could probably get Distin for the same money and he's a far better player...

Any thoughts?

66814[/snapback]

66816[/snapback]

Nicky Butt was thought to be an improvement on what we had, look where that left us! :lol:

I'm not saying no, I just have reservations...

66823[/snapback]

66825[/snapback]

66827[/snapback]

Yet France only let in 2 goals in qualifying for the World cup, although when I watched them it was Boumsong partnering Thuram.

As for Silvestre, we could probably get Distin for the same money and he's a far better player...

66893[/snapback]

Younger too!

Silvestre is a decent defender, but he has the advantage of pace- often he can rectify is own errors through sheer speed.

Would depends on the fee, but if he was going cheap I'd have him here in a shot.

DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE!!!

Boomsong and Silvestre in the middle would be the worst pairing ever!

Silvestre is a better defender than Boomsong, but he is no where close to a solid no-nonsense CTB. One of the reasons Manu are selling him (if they are) is that he makes silly errors and he NEVER gives a game 100%. His lack luster performances and lazy movement cost Manu goals and honeslty I think he is one of the poorest defenders at the big clubs in the PL.

PLEASE do not get him, I like Newcastle and I dont want to see 2 clows at CTB.

DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE!!!

Boomsong and Silvestre in the middle would be the worst pairing ever!

Silvestre is a better defender than Boomsong, but he is no where close to a solid no-nonsense CTB. One of the reasons Manu are selling him (if they are) is that he makes silly errors and he NEVER gives a game 100%. His lack luster performances and lazy movement cost Manu goals and honeslty I think he is one of the poorest defenders at the big clubs in the PL.

PLEASE do not get him, I like Newcastle and I dont want to see 2 clows at CTB.

66921[/snapback]

You still reckon Elliott is the answer?

I think Silvestre is a LB by trade but can be a bit of a clown there, Heinze is much better. However Silvestre is alright at CB for some reason (not normally a good position for someone who doesn't concentate), he did very well paired up with Wes Brown a while back.

I think Silvestre is a LB by trade but can be a bit of a clown there, Heinze is much better. However Silvestre is alright at CB for some reason (not normally a good position for someone who doesn't concentate), he did very well paired up with Wes Brown a while back.

67055[/snapback]

He's shite at centre back.

67055[/snapback]

67061[/snapback]

He formed a good partnership with Wes Brown a while back, might have been when Rio was suspended. Otherwise i think he's error prone at LB but just a little better at CB, which is odd.

67055[/snapback]

67061[/snapback]

He formed a good partnership with Wes Brown a while back, might have been when Rio was suspended. Otherwise i think he's error prone at LB but just a little better at CB, which is odd.

67063[/snapback]

Weird. I see it completely the other way around.

When Silvestre and Brown were playing at centre half the media were absolutely slaughtering them as thats when Manyoo were conceding alot of goals. If my memory serves me correct alot of the goals came from corners and crosses with both Silvestres and Browns ability on the air being questioned..

When Silvestre and Brown were playing at centre half the media were absolutely slaughtering them as thats when Manyoo were conceding alot of goals.  If my memory serves me correct alot of the goals came from corners and crosses with both Silvestres and Browns ability on the air being questioned..

67236[/snapback]

That and their communication with Timmy Howard. Silvestre in particular looked almost delighted to put him under pressure with horrible back passes. He was only marginally more composed with Carroll in goal.