Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

Muamba and Petrov fall ill while in service to their club and are treated like heroes. Kinnear get's called a cunt :D

I'm not wailing and gnashing teeth just yet like. My hope is that Ashley is just repaying loyalty from Kinnear with a token position. It's good that a business take care of employees who fall ill and do their best to help them back into employment. If the doddering old prick DOES have any say whatsoever on signings, or any involvement in negotiation then it's a travesty like.

5 years after his heart attack Ashley rewards' Kinnear's 4 months of loyal service with a job, out of a desire to help? I don't think so somehow.....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muamba and Petrov fall ill while in service to their club and are treated like heroes. Kinnear get's called a cunt :D

I'm not wailing and gnashing teeth just yet like. My hope is that Ashley is just repaying loyalty from Kinnear with a token position. It's good that a business take care of employees who fall ill and do their best to help them back into employment. If the doddering old prick DOES have any say whatsoever on signings, or any involvement in negotiation then it's a travesty like.

The ultimate devil's advocate. :razz:

I do wonder whether Ashley has bought into the theory that it was a lack of British heart that caused our flirtation with relegation this season and has decided to get Kinnear to recruit some good old British spirit into the squad.

5 years after his heart attack Ashley rewards' Kinnear's 4 months of loyal service with a job, out of a desire to help? I don't think so somehow.....

He was offered the managers role after relegation and again when Hughton was sacked and Pardew got the job, his ticker wasn't up to it though.

Ashley clearly loves the old Wimbledon model. Pardew is from Wimbledon, Wise is their greatest player ever, and he seems obsessed with getting Kinnear in the job.

It's clear what appeals to him though, running things on the cheap but getting results effectively.

Kinnear's Wimbledon finished 12th, 6th, 9th, 14th, 8th, 15th and were 8th when he had his heart attack there. Relegated the following season.

Once this falls apart we'll bring in Bobby Gould.

....is he still alive?

I think once you let the shock subside and given Pardew remains in power, this may turn out to be ok.

It's clear he's going in as Ashleys snitch and frankly if he plays a part in improving Pardew or seeing him off then good.

We all said last season is there no one on the staff who will turn around to Pardew and say....

Eg

Stop firing set pieces to Williamson

Stop playing Cisse on the wing

Stop ignoring Shane

Well now we have someone who will fucking tell him straight, cut through the Pardew smarm/bullshit and has the ear of Ashley.

Could be the best DOF in my......

I think once you let the shock subside and given Pardew remains in power, this may turn out to be ok.

It's clear he's going in as Ashleys snitch and frankly if he plays a part in improving Pardew or seeing him off then good.

We all said last season is there no one on the staff who will turn around to Pardew and say....

Eg

Stop firing set pieces to Williamson

Stop playing Cisse on the wing

Stop ignoring Shane

Well now we have someone who will fucking tell him straight, cut through the Pardew smarm/bullshit and has the ear of Ashley.

Could be the best DOF in my......

:lol:

Didn't take you long, two posts?

Ashley clearly loves the old Wimbledon model. Pardew is from Wimbledon, Wise is their greatest player ever, and he seems obsessed with getting Kinnear in the job.

It's clear what appeals to him though, running things on the cheap but getting results effectively.

Kinnear's Wimbledon finished 12th, 6th, 9th, 14th, 8th, 15th and were 8th when he had his heart attack there. Relegated the following season.

Once this falls apart we'll bring in Bobby Gould.

....is he still alive?

And our playing style resembles tennis.

Haven't read the whole thread but here's my take. We sell a few palyers and buy no one of note this summer. Kinnear is here solely to take the rap and will gratefully accept the criticism because he doesn't give a fuck. Pardew, Llambias and Ashley have all got a scapegoat and will happily let him take the flak.

Haven't read the whole thread but here's my take. We sell a few palyers and buy no one of note this summer. Kinnear is here solely to take the rap and will gratefully accept the criticism because he doesn't give a fuck. Pardew, Llambias and Ashley have got a scapegoat and will happily let him take the flak.

It's worked with Pardew...

eh CT? eh?

;)

Welcome back CT, what you been up to/eating?

Father's Day consisted of lots of real ale, pies (naturally), hog roast and cakes at the North Yorkshire County show while presents included a copy of this months slimming world magazine and a rowing machine.

In his self-proclaimed Second Cumming (sic) yesterday he practically stated his remit stops just short of telling fans which seats they should sit in .