Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

The whole Vernon Anita thing was fairly obvious, I highly doubt Simon Bird has any inside track.

Carr has to take responsibility for some bad choices too, everyone wanted Anita to succeed but with a full strength squad he's never going to get a game.

Left wing and striker are priority currently, we've become very predictable going forward. Jonas looks to have slowed a little, maybe time to move him on, as much as I like the player..

Be interesting to see what problem areas they've identified!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caulkin

Mind, he also apologises for saying NUFC fans talk "out backsides" saying "I sometimes lose the plot." Finally, something we can agree on.

See, as a fellow plot loser I can understand and sympathise to some degree.

Did anyone see the Barry Fry interview on SSN yesterday?

He's the DoF at Peterborough so they brought him in to talk about Kinnear. The man talked a lot of sense.

He kept repeating that perhaps one day Ashley should come out and explain things like this (all his contentious decision, really), explain what Kinnear's role is exactly, etc.

Way. He's got better temperament & technique, a better footballing pedigree, a better shot etc. He just needs a run of games for me. He didn't get a sniff last season.

From SSN:

Newcastle United director of football Joe Kinnear has hit back at Alan Shearer after the club's record goalscorer criticised his appointment.Shearer recently said that Kinnear's arrival at St James' Park had undermined Newcastle manager Alan Pardew and that the process involved in the appointment had turned the club into a "laughing stock".Kinnear responded angrily to the comments in an interview with the Sunday Times, questioning the former Newcastle and England striker's credentials as a coach. He cited Shearer's failure to keep the Magpies in the top flight in the final eight league games of the 2008-09 season after he had succeeded Kinnear after the latter suffered a heart attack."What Shearer says is diabolical," said Kinnear. "This is a guy who hasn't got a clue about coaching."The last game of the (2008-09) season he came up with the master idea of playing Damien Duff at left-back. Damien is one of the best left-wingers in the business, but can't tackle. And we went down with an own goal from Damien."Shearer keeps slagging me off. He is being disrespectful to me. I am entitled to fight back." "What Shearer says is diabolical. This is a guy who hasn't got a clue about coaching" Joe Kinnear Kinnear also used the interview to apologise for his comments about Newcastle fans made before his appointment had been confirmed by the club.The 66-year-old gave two radio and television interviews in which he made a number of erroneous claims, mispronounced the names of several Newcastle players and claimed he had "more intelligence" than the United supporters."I regret what I said about the supporters," he said. "I can't get anybody to say that Joe has the utmost respect for the supporters and they are the most important people at the club."I always go to their forums and loved having the craic with them around the city when I was manager there."There are 10 per cent I'm never going to win over, that is the point I was trying to make, but I regret what I said and if I offended any Newcastle fans I apologise."
Fuck him, I don't care anymore - I've got to the stage where I'm just not bothered, Kinnear's a retarded, drunken prick and Ashley's just a fat mong that's not going to be the owner forever. I'm to the stage now where I feel like writing off my association with NUFC until they've gone. I'll never stop being a supporter of the club but until these charlatans move on I've lost interest - I'm sure some 'soopa-fans' will decry that but I think Kevin Keegan has the right stance on this and I'm going to be doing the same - these 'people' who run the club currently will never be a true part of the club, they'll only ever be known for damaging it and holding it back. Edited by Andrew

This has put my mind at ease. A little.

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8788780/This-Is-JFK-s-Version-Of-Damage-Limitation

Kinnear's appointment immediately created speculation around the future of Pardew and also of influential chief scout Graham Carr, who both now report into him. But the Irishman insists he will not be interfering in first-team matters and believes his job may be under bigger threat than the former Charlton manager's.

"I will have the job of over-looking the reserves and the youth team and see where we are progressing, as well as being chief advisor to (chairman) Mike Ashley," he said.

"If things are going wrong at the club I am accountable and he will be coming through me and not anybody else.

"Everybody thinks Pardew is under pressure. He's not. I am. I could get sacked.

"The manager: the running of the teams when it comes to the players needed, the selection of players on match days, the tactics and the public face when addressing the supporters via the media will be Alan Pardew."

He added: "He was looking for clarification over about my role, not his own, and I explained my role to him in full.

"I said, 'You are on an eight-year contract and my role is to support you and give you the best help possible. I have been informed that you found it difficult last season to speak to Mike or get messages to Mike about various things'.

"I am not after his job. Alan knew there was a director of football coming in. He felt a little isolated and Mike sussed that."

Not sure I want him advising the owner on what to do, mind.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Yeah because that's obviously a reason to say why Anita isn't a suitable player (even though I rate him) under Pardew's archaic view of how football should be played.

Kinnear played Duff at fullback, didn't he? Insomnia too?

Try again.

I'm sure Kinnear did - hopefully someone will find proof - also I think Roeder did it at well but I guess all other coaches are shit compared to the Master.

Edited by NJS

I've just went through all of the idiot's games on .com and he didn't start Duff at left-back.

In hindsight a draw would have been enough at Villa but going into the game I can see nothing wrong with the attacking line-up he chose when even a win might not have been good enough.

If the cunt want's to talk about indivisual games then I remember Stoke when he defended a lead (unsuccessfully) in a sat back manner light years beyond anything ever tried by Allardyce or Pardew so he can fuck right off.

Shearer's got a case for having done well if Webb hadnt have chalked off Viduka's legitimate goal v Fulham. Suiffice to say, even with my reservations about the latter part of his time at NUFC, Shearer acheived far more to benefit NUFC as a fuckin ballboy than Kinnear acheived as manager.

This 'holiday' he's gone on - they should've sent the fucking ape on a PR boot camp instead .

Or simply sewn his mouth permanently shut .

Having said that, I think his complete and utter lack of credibility isn't irretrievable to be honest .

If he turned up for work looking a bit like the chap below then maybe he'd be able to command a bit of the universally missing respect he seems to be floundering for .

qprb.jpg

Edited by LoveTheBobby

It will be interesting to hear the views of Kinnear and Pardew after our first signing.I cannot imagine Kinnear staying in the background and saying nowt.

Since its been said one of his duties is introducing new signings to the media I think you may be onto something there