Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

KINNEAR MOANS AT LACK OF CREDIT

Posted 17/03/11 10:43

Former Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has claimed he has not had the credit he deserves for his spell in charge because he is a cockney.

Kinnear spent an four eventful months or so at St James' Park during the 2008-09 season before being taken ill and during that time, signed now skipper Kevin Nolan, Peter Lovenkrands and Ryan Taylor.

The buys were funded by the sale of Charles N'Zogbia - a man he once mistakenly referred to as "Charles Insomnia" - to Wigan, then managed by Steve Bruce.

Kinnear told the Journal: "I wanted to sell him because I didn't get on with him, I didn't think he was a fighter.

"I got £8million for him and it was me who brought in Kevin Nolan for £4million.

"He was Newcastle's player of the year last year, but do I get any credit for signing him? No, because I'm a cockney.

"The trouble was, I had to generate my own money. When the £8million was offered by Brucey, I knew I had to get Nolan.

"Then I got Lovenkrands. He was a free. With his experience, I thought he would be great to come off the bench for us."

Meanwhile, Kinnear said he was mystified by Sunderland boss Bruce's claims that he turned down the chance to buy Andy Carroll after he was quoted £4.5million by him.

I thought the lack of credit had more to do with being a shit manager and a fucking embarrassment :icon_lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Hughton's from London too and he gets plenty of credit, it's more the fact you are a fucking joke and were an absolutely terrible manager for us.

Rob Lee is a proper cockney by definition and he's one of the most popular figures in the clubs history, same with Les although from Hammersmith, he is to a dense geordie a "cockney", funny that they are popular, maybe it has something to do with the fact they were fucking great and never moaned?

Chris Hughton's from London too and he gets plenty of credit, it's more the fact you are a fucking joke and were an absolutely terrible manager for us.

Rob Lee is a proper cockney by definition and he's one of the most popular figures in the clubs history, same with Les although from Hammersmith, he is to a dense geordie a "cockney", funny that they are popular, maybe it has something to do with the fact they were fucking great and never moaned?

Exactly, not sure how he thinks he'll ever be seen as anything other than a mug how many managers get their own players names completely wrong in press conferences.

Exactly, not sure how he thinks he'll ever be seen as anything other than a mug how many managers get their own players names completely wrong in press conferences.

Bobby Robson ? :icon_lol:

I'd also add Nolan was only signed as a panic measure because Barton got injured near the end of the January transfer window.

Bobby Robson ? ;)

:icon_lol: Touche.

Nolan was a fucking disaster under Kinnear.

To be fair he wasn't fully fit and had been pure pish in the previous 18 months. Not that I'm putting a positive slant on it for Kinnear, just I remember how many people on here were saying what a shite footballer he was. I remember 4 or 5 years ago, I said on N-O that Nolan finishing wise and in other aspects of his game, was TECHNICALLY excellent, many mugs like Baggio tried to ridicule and laugh at that, but who's been right all along? There's so many people who watch football who can't translate what they're seeing in to correct opinions or worthwhile views, the Nolan one held on N-O in 2006 typifies this. Mass media driven monkeys.

Edited by McFaul

Nolan gets no credit for the goals he's getting. He's joint 3rd top scorer in the league, ahead of media darlings like Van der Vaart, Van Persie, Nasri, Hernandez, Drogba and he's joint with the £35m chav. Not to mention Gerrard and Lampard who he's outscored but he wont get anywhere near the England team.

Andy Carroll was a kid I’d given his debut to. Him and Shola Ameobi were going to be my strikers.

Glenn%20Roeder_1141_18357783_0_0_16020_300.jpg

Aye, I seem to remember Andy Carroll gettting knocked out by Buffon against Juventus too in a pre-season friendly.... under Fat Sam.

He's debut was away at Palermo in the Uefa Cup, Tim Krul described it as unbelievable. Sky and various other sources claimed Liverpool vs Braga was his European debut as well.

To be fair to Buffon - he said Carroll would be an amazing player in the future - He was probably the only one to have a lot of faith in Carroll, although Keegan said he was up there with Sir Les for heading the ball and Michael Owen called him an 'unpolished diamond'.

He's debut was away at Palermo in the Uefa Cup, Tim Krul described it as unbelievable. Sky and various other sources claimed Liverpool vs Braga was his European debut as well.

I had to double-take when they pointed out that the Braga match was the first that Dalglish has managed in charge of Liverpool. Easy to forget that for the entire period he was in charge of them last time coincided with the European ban for English clubs.

The other startling stat is that there's only one club that Dalglish has managed in the European Cup / Champions League.

Us.

Nolan was a fucking disaster under Kinnear.

To be fair he wasn't fully fit and had been pure pish in the previous 18 months. Not that I'm putting a positive slant on it for Kinnear, just I remember how many people on here were saying what a shite footballer he was. I remember 4 or 5 years ago, I said on N-O that Nolan finishing wise and in other aspects of his game, was TECHNICALLY excellent, many mugs like Baggio tried to ridicule and laugh at that, but who's been right all along? There's so many people who watch football who can't translate what they're seeing in to correct opinions or worthwhile views, the Nolan one held on N-O in 2006 typifies this. Mass media driven monkeys.

I've got time for Nolan but I'm just pointing out how it's ridiculous his taking credit for that signing. I doubt he had any say in the signing anyway like.

Edited by alex