Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's debut was away at Palermo in the Uefa Cup, Tim Krul described it as unbelievable. Sky and various other sources claimed Liverpool vs Braga was his European debut as well.

I had to double-take when they pointed out that the Braga match was the first that Dalglish has managed in charge of Liverpool. Easy to forget that for the entire period he was in charge of them last time coincided with the European ban for English clubs.

The other startling stat is that there's only one club that Dalglish has managed in the European Cup / Champions League.

Us.

what pisses me off more than anything about Dalglish is that when he took charge of Liverpool the first time, he was taking over an already good/great side and made it more vibrant and more successful, but did the exact opposite with us.

They could have won the European Cup again with that team they had after the Heysel disaster if not for the ban.

He's debut was away at Palermo in the Uefa Cup, Tim Krul described it as unbelievable. Sky and various other sources claimed Liverpool vs Braga was his European debut as well.

I had to double-take when they pointed out that the Braga match was the first that Dalglish has managed in charge of Liverpool. Easy to forget that for the entire period he was in charge of them last time coincided with the European ban for English clubs.

The other startling stat is that there's only one club that Dalglish has managed in the European Cup / Champions League.

Us.

what pisses me off more than anything about Dalglish is that when he took charge of Liverpool the first time, he was taking over an already good/great side and made it more vibrant and more successful, but did the exact opposite with us.

They could have won the European Cup again with that team they had after the Heysel disaster if not for the ban.

So could Everton, that's part of what soured "friendly derby". In fact Everton could've dominated till Milan came up in 89 onwards. Steaua, PSV and Porto were not as good as Everton.

Not even a proper cockney.

Place of birth: Dublin, Republic of Ireland

Same as Chris Hughton. Both played full-back for Ireland and Spurs as well.

Not even a proper cockney.

Place of birth: Dublin, Republic of Ireland

Same as Chris Hughton. Both played full-back for Ireland and Spurs as well.

To be pedantic; it's not the same. Hughton was born over here.

I wouldn't mind but I'd been told that before as well :icon_lol: D'oh!

When he was here he basically stayed in his office watching the telly while Hughton took the training as well.

His health prevented him from taking training did it not?

When he was here he basically stayed in his office watching the telly while Hughton took the training as well.

I doubt it prevented him from observing training like.

I can only assume his health problem was described as "fat lazy bassa"

a mate of a mate worked at the club at the time (was made redundant) and he hated him, basically sat in his office watching telly all day and Im talking Loose Women and the Racing channel not analysing opponents etc.

I can only assume his health problem was described as "fat lazy bassa"

a mate of a mate worked at the club at the time (was made redundant) and he hated him, basically sat in his office watching telly all day and Im talking Loose Women and the Racing channel not analysing opponents etc.

Aye, same story, daytime telly rather than opponents <_<

I doubt it prevented him from observing training like.

Aye I know, that's just cos he was a fat lazy shite. Martins must have thought all his christmases had come at once tbh.

• 2 years later...