Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

Got TalkSport on in the background, an interesting link they have mentioned is Pardew out, Poyet in to work with Kinneir. Personally I liked the style of football Poyet plays with Brighton, when we played them this season they tore us apart (granted the team we had our was very weak and out of form).

I'd only be worried about a resurrection on Dennis Wise.... :/

Thoughts?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In his self-proclaimed Second Cumming (sic) yesterday he practically stated his remit stops just short of telling fans which seats they should sit in .

It was an error strewn interview.

If he got the stuff we know about wrong (like the name of his boss, that he has been relegated, that he's in the best physical shape that he has ever been, that he's ideal for this situation, that he's worked with the best etc.) I think it's safe to say he's got the extent of his role wrong too.

The biggest problem is the whole getting rid of Pardew thing now. As I suspected all along, if Pardew is shown the door, we are likely to be as far away from bringing the type of replacement we all crave as Kinnear is away from reality!

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/70823/joe-kinnear-returns-to-newcastle-as-director-of-football

Just actually watching the interview now "we were flying" when he had his heart attack.

:lol:

We hadn't won a game in 6. Liverpool had twatted 5 goals past us at home. 2 points from 18.

We'd won 2 games out of 13.

Wanker.

The last minute is the most hilarious part.

His only job is transfers....but he has signed up without any idea of the kitty he's being given...he needs to go away and discuss which players can be "shifted out of the club" and get some money back to be able to say what needs spent to get us in the top 10.

We weren't far off top ten last season.

So what does Ashley do if JFK spends £50m on 5 players and Pardew decides after pre-season friendlies they are no better than what he's already got,and doesn't play any of them in the first few league games.Ashley will have to decide if the players are good enough or not ,then either sack Pardew if he rates them or Kinnear for wasting £50m.If Ashley has to rate the players himself,what was the point in employing JFK

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

So what does Ashley do if JFK spends £50m on 5 players and Pardew decides after pre-season friendlies they are no better than what he's already got,and doesn't play any of them.Ashley will have to decide if the players are good enough or not ,then either sack Pardew if he rates them or Kinnear for wasting £50m.If Ashley has to rate the players himself,what was the point in employing aJFK

If we spend £50 million I will shit in my own eye.

Apparently, he's quoted in saying that Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse are going nowhere. To be honest, all the reports say is that Kinnear has final say. He will be working with Carr and Pardew, it just means that he has final shout. Which tbf, I would rather have him making the decision than having to go through Dekka and Ashley every time. Things might be done a lot quicker. We'll soon see.

Apparently, he's quoted in saying that Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse are going nowhere. To be honest, all the reports say is that Kinnear has final say. He will be working with Carr and Pardew, it just means that he has final shout. Which tbf, I would rather have him making the decision than having to go through Dekka and Ashley every time. Things might be done a lot quicker. We'll soon see.

I don't think Kinnear has the cheque book now.

It's all nonsense. This time last year our transfer policy was supposed to be the envy of the globe. Write ups in the New York Times and that. One bad season later and it's so bad Joe Kinnear is supposed to improve it?

Fuck off.

If Kinnear hasn't lost his mind and run to Sky Sports because he was bored one Sunday afternoon after his wife had done a nice beef dinner, then this is clearly the clubs apparent solution to the tactics used last season not getting the results that the players in our squad should be capable of.

If Kinnear hasn't lost his mind and run to Sky Sports because he was bored one Sunday afternoon after his wife had done a nice beef dinner, then this is clearly the clubs apparent solution to the tactics used last season not getting the results that the players in our squad should be capable of.

I am still holding out hope of this, but I reckon if he'd gone bat-shit and made up a story to entertain himself, we would have seen the obligatory NUFC statement.

I am still holding out hope of this, but I reckon if he'd gone bat-shit and made up a story to entertain himself, we would have seen the obligatory NUFC statement.

Ashley put him up to it.

So we'll feel relief when Dave Beasant is unveiled as the real DOF.

My mate just sent me this. Not sure if its accurate but sounds about right !!

“I saw Alan as a player – he was a heck of a player – and we bumped into each other a couple of times when he was West Ham manager.

“We always bump into each other at the Manager of the Year awards.

“Last year I was at the awards when Alan won it.

“I said ‘congratulations, but you have to get two more to catch me!

Needless to say, Kinnear hasn't won the Manager of the Year award three times