Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, stop complanin about this decision, you'll only make it worse!

“You guys don’t ­understand how fackin 'orrible we can be”

This, roughly translated for your benefit, means "be careful what you wish for" ;) but I dare say TS is mostly right, Ashley likes a DoF.

So disgruntled fans are expected to sit on their hands then, for fear of things getting worse?

You can do what you want, just dont be surprised by the outcome. Given the last 5 years, a bit of circumspection might not have gone amiss.

Personally, i look at the sample size of n=2 seasons. One observation 5th top, one observation 5th bottom. The data suggests equally that Pardew is excellent and poor. Screaming for him to go is first of all objectively stupid and secondly is based around the expectations elevated by the 5th place from the manager being criticised.

'The 5th under Pardew was over-achievement' imperceptibly morphing into 'Pardew is shit as we are not top half' belies a stupidity only a football fan could articulate.

I'm pissed off with this and am pointing the finger at the Pardew out brigade for their contribution. Possibly only half-seriously.

How can the head of any business listen to the two interviews we've heard over the last 48 hours and say "that's the man for me".

A mixture of the offensive, lies and utter stupidity.

Ok, let's give him a directorship.. It beggars belief.

You can do what you want, just dont be surprised by the outcome. Given the last 5 years, a bit of circumspection might not have gone amiss.

Personally, i look at the sample size of n=2 seasons. One observation 5th top, one observation 5th bottom. The data suggests equally that Pardew is excellent and poor. Screaming for him to go is first of all objectively stupid and secondly is based around the expectations elevated by the 5th place from the manager being criticised.

'The 5th under Pardew was over-achievement' imperceptibly morphing into 'Pardew is shit as we are not top half' belies a stupidity only a football fan could articulate.

I'm pissed off with this and am pointing the finger at the Pardew out brigade for their contribution. Possibly only half-seriously.

Point your finger at Ashley you tit. Fans have moaned about managers and players forever.

Edited by trophyshy

Hey, stop complanin about this decision, you'll only make it worse!

He heard the fans complaining loudly about Pardew and decided to act. If we were all being understanding, saying well he deserves another crack at it next season, clubs can have bad seasons for one reason or another, then there would be no Kinnear. You cant deny that.

It does make perfect sense that Ashley would think that we need a director of football. Ashley and Lambeze have very little clue about football themselves so bringing in someone who does is a perfectly good idea.

The problem is thinking that Billy Liar is the man for the job, but if he's his only mate in football and he's telling him how wonderful he would be then he's going to believe him!

Point your finger at Ashley you tit. Fans have moaned about managers and players forever.

He's a stupid cunt, we all know that. Now what...

Some of the criticism thrown at Pardew was beyone moaning too.

He heard the fans complaining loudly about Pardew and decided to act. If we were all being understanding, saying well he deserves another crack at it next season, clubs can have bad seasons for one reason or another, then there would be no Kinnear. You cant deny that.

A cross section of any fans at any club would moan about our season last season, and call for the manager's head. Are you suggesting hundreds of thousands of people to bend to the will of a tyrant for fear of his wrath.

That makes Ashley the arsehole, not the fans.

Edited by trophyshy

What, you know Ashley or something? Don't pretend that you can read his mind.

It does make perfect sense that Ashley would think that we need a director of football. Ashley and Lambeze have very little clue about football themselves so bringing in someone who does is a perfectly good idea.

The problem is thinking that Billy Liar is the man for the job, but if he's his only mate in football and he's telling him how wonderful he would be then he's going to believe him!

Yes, and is FMA hiring him on the basis that he signed Tim Krul and won manager of the year three times and has the ability to pick up the phone to any manager on the planet.. All of which are clearly bollocks.

Ashley is an arsehole. The fans demanding Pardew's head too. As it was clear this was the sort of decision he makes.

I dont see where the logic in this position falls down. I agree the decision-maker is an arsehole of the highest order but the constant refrain from the people clamouring for Pardew's head was 'he's changed, he's learnt, he'll get the next one right' when everything pointed to this not being true.

Further, if a debate rages for months about what would happen if Ashley decided to act, then he decides to act, it is right and proper to refer back to the debate, however uncomfortable and annoying it is.

It's Mike Ashley's fault that JK is DoF. Not the fans'.

Definitely going to put a tenner on him being next manager. Reckon it'll happen before Christmas.

Ashley is an arsehole. The fans demanding Pardew's head too. As it was clear this was the sort of decision he makes.

I dont see where the logic in this position falls down. I agree the decision-maker is an arsehole of the highest order but the constant refrain from the people clamouring for Pardew's head was 'he's changed, he's learnt, he'll get the next one right' when everything pointed to this not being true.

Further, if a debate rages for months about what would happen if Ashley decided to act, then he decides to act, it is right and proper to refer back to the debate, however uncomfortable and annoying it is.

Okay I accept your point but the average fan will not have your 35,000 ft perspective, and it's unreasonable to expect them to.

It also makes little sense that Mike would employ someone to further damage the club, so does he believe he is making a positive step to recover from a disappointing season or is it a 'fuck you' to the fans, or a bit of both?

There was a few on here expecting a masterstroke replacement for Pardew.

I expect they've learned now mind.

You do like a "told you so!!" don't you?.. :lol: I think anyone clamouring for Pardew's head was always going to disappointed to say the least if Ashley did cut him last month. But I cant be that harsh, anyone sitting through those last 3 home games has legitimate cause for complaint.

While I agree there can be no complaints from people who were clamouring for some action from Ashley because they felt Pardew wasn't up to the task (they were well warned about the quality of man we would bring in), I don't think you can go as far as blaming them. There weren't protests or "Pardew Out" songs in the stadium. This is pure Ashley, same as bringing in Dennis Wise. No fans had called for Keegan's head back then.

I smell another constructive dismissal coming along.

While I agree there can be no complaints from people who were clamouring for some action from Ashley because they felt Pardew wasn't up to the task (they were well warned about the quality of man we would bring in), I don't think you can go as far as blaming them. There weren't protests or "Pardew Out" songs in the stadium. This is pure Ashley, same as bringing in Dennis Wise. No fans had called for Keegan's head back then.

I smell another constructive dismissal coming along.

I don't think you can say people who wanted action can have no complaints like. Of course they can complain. The fact that you wanted action doesn't mean that action ridiculous as this can't be complained at. Aside from anything else, most of the people complaining about Pardew were also complaining about Ashley (and have been for years). But I do agree that you could have almost expected it from Ashley. This was a big reason why I stuck with Pardew as long as I did despite the underperformance last season. I never expected a positive reaction.

Just remind yourself of Kinnear's performance as he tells us how unfair the fans were on his excellent work at the club...

Premier League points won by every NUFC manager with 10 or more games...

Kevin Keegan 61.54%

Sir Bobby Robson 53.19%

Glenn Roeder 47.44%

Alan Pardew 45.24%

Kenny Dalglish 45.24%

Sam Allardyce 41.27%

Chris Hughton 39.58%

Graeme Souness 39.39%

Kevin Keegan 2 36.84%

Ruud Gullit 36.59%

Joe Kinnear 34.72%