Will he stay or will he go?

Deano

Come the end of the season and say we stay up...which imo we will finish between 10th and 13th. Will Mike Ashley be open to offers and will he sell?

We will be in a much stronger position and a much more viable and attractive proposition for prospective buyers.

What will FMA's price be? He has made alot of money on transfers which will have stayed in the business...so how much? 200mil?

I think there is a chance he will sell, there is definitely money men out there and im pretty sure there will be a few monitoring our situation and weighing up a bid.

Thoughts?

Edited by Tioté's Nutz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But whats his price? What could he realistically demand?

He paid what 135mil for the club? Paid 100 debt off?

Whats his overall outlay on transfers? Surely he's made money on that? Plus sponsorships, tv and placement money?

Is 200mil a fair figure? HappyFace? Chez?

I dont think he is takin the piss as such.

He wants to break even and run at a profit and he is well on his way to doing that. Thats not a bad thing but we wont see much ambition when this plan is in operation.

In the long run it is good for the club what he is doing. Putting us on a very strong financial footing but its mid-table obscurity whilst he's here.

He wants to break even and run at a profit and he is well on his way to doing that. Thats not a bad thing but we wont see much ambition when this plan is in operation.

In the long run it is good for the club what he is doing. Putting us on a very strong financial footing but its mid-table obscurity whilst he's here.

Club still owes him money doesn't it?

well you maybe right but i dont trust him as far as i could throw him although he has getten a huge amount of money back with carrolls 35 mill but weather he will get tempted to sell maybe to much

I beleive so yeah but isnt that part of the plan? To pay that back...cut running costs, spend little and survive? Meaning in a few years we would be running at a profit?

If and when it happens, it'll happen without any build up. For example, there was no speculation prior to Abromovich buying Chelsea, and the same for Thaksin Shinawatra and then the UAE guys buying Man City. It just happened overnight.

That why every time we hear about an Indian/USA/Arab bloke/group etc. being interested, I don't believe it. For example, if Anil Ambani really did want us ... he'd have done it by now and there wouldn't be any of this dillydally in the press.

to get him out of debt and for him to make profit somone would need to offer a big sum for the club to not only clear the debts but buy him out and still have kitty to buy decent players

If and when it happens, it'll happen without any build up. For example, there was no speculation prior to Abromovich buying Chelsea, and the same for Thaksin Shinawatra and then the UAE guys buying Man City. It just happened overnight.

That why every time we hear about an Indian/USA/Arab bloke/group etc. being interested, I don't believe it. For example, if Anil Ambani really did want us ... he'd have done it by now and there wouldn't be any of this dillydally in the press.

I agree but do you not think it making the media is more to do with FMA tryin to get other biters and driving the price up?

Mike Ashley will want 200mill minimum. I don't think there is anyone out there that will pay that much for Newcastle United, regardless of how much we feel the club is worth. Put sentiment aside. Think about it. If he does get that much for the club then the chances are the buyer will be a bigger fuckin idiot than he is.

I agree but do you not think it making the media is more to do with FMA tryin to get other biters and driving the price up?

That's certainly a possibility, TN. And is likely something (FMA's selling-club marketing strategy) that'll put off potential buyers 'cause they don't want to go through a protracted/hamfisted sale by a bargain-basement businessman.

we're stuck with the twat. no one's going to give him the money for the club he wants. he'll wait until the economy recovers and sell us for a profit, not giving a shit whether we tread water or go down again in that time

I know general consensus is 'better the devil you know' and all that jazz. But the fact that it's been made quite clear where the clubs 'ambition' lies under FMA's rule? gotta take that chance and hope we get a better billionaire next time around.

The selling price is an interesting point, he's sold off one of the clubs best assets (and could potentially do more in the summer) meaning that he could potentially lower any initial price. That being said it could also effect the limit to which any potential buyer would want to pay!

Cant really argue with anything you've put forward tbh

If we're to believe the talk, didn't FMA feed us plenty of cash to keep us afloat (re: wage costs etc.) when we were in the Championship?

If so, you gotta wonder if he'd be up to do the same again if we were to drop down again. If we were relegated (which is still don't think will happen—fingers and toes crossed), I'd find it hard to believe he'd be willing to bankroll us again.

Rather, he'd be keen to see the back of us and not be willing for us to be a money pit for him.

Either way we wont see that 35 million spent

It really depends on what his actual intentions are doesnt it?

If he is willing to sell then no he wont spend a great deal.

If he does actually want to stay then he will HAVE to spend in and around that figure.

This summer is HUGE for our club.

I think it's more than that, he won't sell because the advertising value we add to his shitty stack it high company is worth more than people give it credit.

When 16 year old kids I coach in Australia talk about buying stuff from SportsDirect.com you know there is a bigger purpose to his owning Newcastle - by the way they all think I'm a fucking loony supporting the toon but if they can buy a pair of boots cheaper from the fcb then they don't care.

Just think what the top 6 clubs get for their shirt/stadium sponsor and realise that cunt Ashley is getting the equal for an undisclosed sum, which could be anything from nowt to 10m quid (but you know it's not), no one has said and it's not their on the books - so you have to wonder.

I know Football Manager is NOT an accurate comparison but on the new update is has us owing FMA 135mil repayable once profitable.

That figure probably is about right given the 100mil he loaned us and then the money pumped in to keep us afloat last year.

I just wonder if any of the sponsorship money and TV many has been used to pay off some of our other oustanding debt from the previous regime?

The club itself has to be worth less than what it was when he bought it. The squad is certainly worth less and our reputation has declined what with a year in the CC and no european football in a few years.

To say that if someone bid 200mil they would be a bigger idiot that him is a bit stupid really. What if it were a very rich arab or american?

So you're saying that Newcastle United are worth 200 mill+ to someone or some collection of individuals with nothing but profit on their minds?....the thing is theres no comparable club thats been sold recently. Villa went for 62.6 million in 2006, before the credit crunch etc. We would naturally claim we are a bigger club than them, higher profile, bigger turnover,matchday revenue etc etc...but we probably don't completely dwarf Villa in those regards.Are we worth 140million more than they were before the worldwide financial crisis because we can flog more pies and shirts?...I personally don't think so. Am willing to be proved wrong though.

Thaksin Shinawtra paid 21.2mill for Man City, and Shiekh Mansour paid 170mill to Thaksin to clear their debt, along with about 50 million for his shares. The chances of a another Sheikh Mansour appearing are,if you ask me, remote to the point of virtual non existance . Does anyone want to become a club like Man City and all the hatred and jealousy that comes with that?...look at the money thyve shelled out and theyre rubbish without Tevez. Better to grow a club organically if you ask me, but am sure some will disagree with that.

Dr Gloom said that we're stuck with him until the financial situation is better and that is certainly true. The rest is just conjecture and wishful thinking. But I can't see anyone paying 200mill plus for us, sad to say.

I know Football Manager is NOT an accurate comparison but on the new update is has us owing FMA 135mil repayable once profitable.

That figure probably is about right given the 100mil he loaned us and then the money pumped in to keep us afloat last year.

I just wonder if any of the sponsorship money and TV many has been used to pay off some of our other oustanding debt from the previous regime?

The club itself has to be worth less than what it was when he bought it. The squad is certainly worth less and our reputation has declined what with a year in the CC and no european football in a few years.

Thats how much he paid the Hall's and Shepherd for their shares in 2007, which made the club hugely overpriced.

Now how much has he put in since then?

Never played any online management game but it doesn't appear to be very accurate from what you've said there.

Thats how much he paid the Hall's and Shepherd for their shares in 2007, which made the club hugely overpriced.

Now how much has he put in since then?

Never played any online management game but it doesn't appear to be very accurate from what you've said there.

Don't believe the spin, Ashley got the club for a fair price, which took all the debt into consideration. The ground alone is worth 300m.

Ashley messed up by not knowing the mortgage (around £50m) was repayable straight away when the club was sold.