What are your ailments?

Could be an interesting one. Whats wrong with you, little things that you've never been arsed to bother a doctor with? I don't really have many being a young buck, strangely get cramp pains in my shoulder sometimes (rarely) when I've been running a while, always have, no idea why and never seen a doctor about it. Went over on my ankle a few months ago playing squash and it hasn't felt quite as strong since, still feel it niggle sometimes.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of mine have been caused by fighting or playing football. In the past I've broken both hands, fucked me knee ligaments, had chronic hamstring problems when I was fast which took a year to get over, shin splints and that's about it from football.

From fighting/getting set about, lost a tooth which I had replaced, had to go under general anaesthetic for a broken nose which now looks pretty but looked out of shape when it happened, and on another occasion got set about by three kids and had a fractured eye socket and broken cheek bone, for which 9 years later I still have a metal plate in.

Problem I have now is I can't run more than 2 or 3 mile before I get a slight pain in the bone at the bottom of the knee.

Had food poisoning really bad when I was in Thailand, and I've been smoking again since May last year, chucked it in 2005, I never used to get colds and flus but I'm getting them all the time lately. Good thing is I've had 2 since Friday neet which as any smoker will tell you is great, so I'm gonna keep going to see if I can conquer this terrible affliction.

Edited by McFaul

Problem with my vision, came on one night and never went away - undiagnosed

Fucked upper back - Physio hasn't made any impact

Impinged shoulder - Awaiting Physio

Fucked ankle ligaments 11 months ago - Never seen anyone about it

Chipped bone in shin a few weeks back

Thats about all i've got going on at the moment... i'm not really built to last :cuppa:

Problem with my heel forced me to wear insoles that move the pressure away from your heel to your instep, this in turn has given me chronic back pain and a two week heel injury seems to have knacked my back for life

Get a bit of psoriasis on my knees and elbows and I'm blind as a bat without my lenses and that's about it. Had 1day off work in 5years.

Aye I'm blind as fuck without my lenses too. 1.5 is my prescription, can't see anything in detail further than 4 foot away. My eyes changed one night at a game against Norwich, just after the Leazes had been built, during the game honestly my eyesight changed, I was scared shitless. Refused to wear glasses for a few months in the fifth year cos of vanity, used to miss buses and everything cos I couldn't see the fuckin numbers if I was on me own.

By the way 23 or 28, 23 or 28, 23 or 28 Super Jonny Haggerty :cuppa: have you telt your team mates you're 23??? That's what it says on that team website. You've said here you're 28 before.

Neck permafucked thanks to some fucking spastic from Penshaw going straight through a Stop sign and t-boning my car 10 years ago.

The compo I got could have been *100 and still not worth the fucking grief.

Cunt.

Tell you what, kids are a bundle of germs. I've had my current cold for about three weeks, which has included conjunctivitis, headaches, flu symptoms, runny nose, sore throat and a cough. One after the next.

I guess he's being exposed to lots of germs from other kids and i'm picking up lots of new strains that i'm not normally exposed to.

Otherwise, I've got the weakest girly ankles from going over on them too much playing football.

I get terrible pains in my forearms , shooting down to my wrists.

Have done since I was about 12.

Comes and goes.

Carpal tunnel syndrome?

If that's the medical term for Wankers Cramp :cuppa:

Just checked and CTS mainly manifests itself as numbness not pain. My rediagnosis is bad aids secondary to wankers cramp.

I suffer terribly from eczema which has hospitalised me from time to time. Been bad this winter but gettting better now its spring.

This winter I've also had a prolonged case of vestibular neuronitis which has only just cleared up. Basically you lose your sense of balance to the extent even walking was difficult sometimes. I've since found out that another symptom is increased autonomic nervous activity which can cause sweating attacks (I shit you not Gemmill, Alex, MM and 2J, you set of bastards).

I've also had recurrent conjunctivitis this winter which is a pain in the arse (eyes actually).

In previous years I've had trouble with my feet - plantar fasciitis. Absolute agony which makes it incredibly painful to walk. This seems to have resolved as I have lost weight - an incentive not to put it on again.

Edited by Renton

Get a bit of psoriasis on my knees and elbows and I'm blind as a bat without my lenses and that's about it. Had 1day off work in 5years.

Aye I'm blind as fuck without my lenses too. 1.5 is my prescription, can't see anything in detail further than 4 foot away. My eyes changed one night at a game against Norwich, just after the Leazes had been built, during the game honestly my eyesight changed, I was scared shitless. Refused to wear glasses for a few months in the fifth year cos of vanity, used to miss buses and everything cos I couldn't see the fuckin numbers if I was on me own.

By the way 23 or 28, 23 or 28, 23 or 28 Super Jonny Haggerty :cuppa: have you telt your team mates you're 23??? That's what it says on that team website. You've said here you're 28 before.

Give owa, I'm 29 this August. Half the ages on the site are wrong, it was set up before the season started and half of us didn't know each other.

By the way 23 or 28, 23 or 28, 23 or 28 Super Jonny Haggerty :( have you telt your team mates you're 23??? That's what it says on that team website. You've said here you're 28 before.

Try -7 in my left eye and -4 in my right eye :cuppa:

By the way 23 or 28, 23 or 28, 23 or 28 Super Jonny Haggerty :( have you telt your team mates you're 23??? That's what it says on that team website. You've said here you're 28 before.

Try -7 in my left eye and -4 in my right eye :cuppa:

Fuck me that is really bad. No New Years Day to celebrate....

Problem with my vision, came on one night and never went away - undiagnosed

Fucked upper back - Physio hasn't made any impact

Impinged shoulder - Awaiting PhysioFucked ankle ligaments 11 months ago - Never seen anyone about it

Chipped bone in shin a few weeks back

Thats about all i've got going on at the moment... i'm not really built to last :cuppa:

i had the same problem, im a musician so this really fucked me for a long time. I saw a number of different physios but they were no help at all. Friend recommended an osteopath and the improvements have been huge. would recommend you forget about physio its quite likely your problems are caused by your spine, an osteopath will deal with that.

I suffer terribly from eczema which has hospitalised me from time to time. Been bad this winter but gettting better now its spring.

I occasionally suffer eczema on my shins/calves which is made worse as it itches in bed which leads to me scratching it while half-asleep. Hasn't been bad the last couple of years as I've found a cream (Eumovate) which is nice and mild for occasional use and stops the itching.

Like you I also get occasional conjunctivitis - as I've said before whoever released chloramphenicol ointment without prescription should be deified.

I occasionally suffer eczema on my shins/calves which is made worse as it itches in bed which leads to me scratching it while half-asleep. Hasn't been bad the last couple of years as I've found a cream (Eumovate) which is nice and mild for occasional use and stops the itching.

Like you I also get occasional conjunctivitis - as I've said before whoever released chloramphenicol ointment without prescription should be deified.

Mines more allergic conjunctivits than infected but because I rub my eyes as they're itchy I get the latter too. I use sodium cromoglicate eye drops (also available OTC). But, as it happens, most infective conjunctivitis is viral so chloramphenical probably won't help that much except as a lubricant and placebo. The main test to see if it is bacterial or viral is whether your eyes stick together in the morning. If your eyes are so pussy you wake up 'blind' (lids fused together) then get the chloramphenicol out.

I had shingles when I was about 23, fuck me it was painful. It went away in a few weeks like, and you can supposedly only get it once thank god. Was on my arms and chest, some people get it on their face. Poor cunts.

Renton, apologies for taking the piss. :cuppa:

I went on holiday to the dominican a couple of years back, and randomly picked up a bollock infection while there. Being woken up in the middle of the night by a stabbing pain in thee plum is scary. :(

Anyway, on the last day of the holiday I discovered an on site doctor and was given some painkillers and antibiotics. Got back home and it never cleared up - I should say the infection went but the pain stayed. Kept getting given new antibiotics, new painkillers, nothing worked. Have been for ultrasounds so often that I'm probably sterile, and there's nowt sinister there.

Eventually they just said look sometimes people who have had an infection there get stuck with the pain, deal with it. So for the last 2 years I've had more or less constant nad pain with referral into the top of my leg. I'd spoken to the doc about pain treatment but they told me it would be stuff that made me drowsy so I never fancied it. But since going to the gym regularly and basically being more active the pain has got worse, so a couple of weeks ago I got prescribed some nerve painkillers (basically light doses of anti depressants) and for the lsat week have been close to, but not quite, pain free. I'm really hoping that this is it fixed - might need a slight increase in dosage. No side effects other than I fall asleep after a pint. :(