What are your ailments?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might sound preachy but maybe a few of you short-sighted posters should consider laser surgery - easily one of the best things I've ever done.

I've thought about it. Lad at work got his done in town a few years back, and he's having to go back cos his sight's gone again. They're sorting it for free like.

I might sound preachy but maybe a few of you short-sighted posters should consider laser surgery - easily one of the best things I've ever done.

I've thought about it. Lad at work got his done in town a few years back, and he's having to go back cos his sight's gone again. They're sorting it for free like.

Tell him to go into the shop next door and not Kodak again, the short-sighted gimp :cuppa:

Thoracic outlet syndrome which means I get tingling and numbess in the hands, mainly my left, and pain around the shoulder blade as well. Always wake up with numb hands so struggle to sleep sometimes as well because of it. Had that for around a year and used to get physio but since I've lost a bit of weight and generally been more active it's been a lot better, though I still struggle with certain things e.g. the shoulder press at the gym. Can feel awful if I'm sitting at the computer at work for ages as I just can't get comfortable.

I'm really short sighted as well, like others. Whenever people try my glasses on they're always surprised by how strong the prescription is.

This sounds very similar to the symptoms I suffer from, the same symptom that has just flared up on Sunday for no apparent reason. Off to see a physio for the first time next week but judging by his price list it looks like it would be cheaper talking to Manc-Mag on a regular basis.

I suffer terribly from eczema which has hospitalised me from time to time. Been bad this winter but gettting better now its spring.

I occasionally suffer eczema on my shins/calves which is made worse as it itches in bed which leads to me scratching it while half-asleep. Hasn't been bad the last couple of years as I've found a cream (Eumovate) which is nice and mild for occasional use and stops the itching.

Like you I also get occasional conjunctivitis - as I've said before whoever released chloramphenicol ointment without prescription should be deified.

Mines more allergic conjunctivits than infected but because I rub my eyes as they're itchy I get the latter too. I use sodium cromoglicate eye drops (also available OTC). But, as it happens, most infective conjunctivitis is viral so chloramphenical probably won't help that much except as a lubricant and placebo. The main test to see if it is bacterial or viral is whether your eyes stick together in the morning. If your eyes are so pussy you wake up 'blind' (lids fused together) then get the chloramphenicol out.

Sounds like a lad in my work eczema wise, his eczema is wild, lads in hospital at the minute with it fluid in his legs or something, but can't really say feel sorry for him.

Unlike yourself who lost weight and try and treat well etc, i have never ever seen a lad with a worse diet/lifestyle (which i assume can't help it), big fat guy, would eat couple sausage rolls and a cheese pastry every morning for breakfast with coke, dodgy tins of chilli and junk then for lunch and the like throughout the day then on top of that.

Ignorant shit too, drops god awful stench in the office and then hit's his "fart alarm" on his desk thinking he's funny. "well ya can't hold it in harhar"

Actually rang in from the carpark on his way out for a smoke break he "got caught short" now didn't ring in and say "i'm not feeling the best i'm off home" or make someone akin to that up, he rang up and to tell us he'd crapped himself....and if only that was a once off.

Me > No ailments :/ neverbeen in hospital, no asthma or anything like that, apart from a bit of hayfever i've gotten away with things i guess.

Although RSI is starting to kick in, sitting on a pc 12hrs a day pretty much for the last decade is starting to take it's toll, never noticed it till recently when i did a "goalkeeper" throw when playing footy a few months back and it was like someone has sliced my arm open.

That kid sounds IT-tastic. :cuppa:

I think the way people's eyes are we could probably dee with a braile option on here. I mean I thought I was blind till I see J69's crack. (-7.0) that's like a black labrador at the traffic lights sort of thing that.

When I was younger I used to get Migraines fairly regularly, once every few months. As I've got older the frequency has decreased but I still get them sometimes. Had one last Monday, last one I had before that was December 2009. Before that it had been about 3 or 4 years and I thought I might have grown out of them.

I don't just get a headache like, it's fucking horrible. First I get what's apparently called an aura, which is basically me going blind and being able to see nothing but zebra stripes. It moves across my vision and eventually clears up, at which point I get the mother of all headaches; it's like someone stabbing you in the frontal lobe with a metal fence post. Along with that I get bad nausea, which if I've had nowt to eat beforehand involves me howking up bile, it's absolutely fucking rank. My body will basically make me sick regardless of how much I try and fight it.

The whole thing normally lasts for about 6 hours, during which I have no option but to find a dark room and just try and sleep it off. It never works though, it's like being in a trance for the whole episode. It takes about 3 days to recover from and all, it's amazing how drained I get afterwards. My heart is always fucked for a week afterwards aswell, if I try and resume normal life like the gym and that too quickly, I get palpatations and anxiety attacks and shit.

I've never been able to find out what triggers them. When I was younger I went to the doctors to see what the craic was, but they've never known what to tell me. Even though they've become less frequent I'd say they're definitely a lot more powerful than they used to be. Might see if I can get checked again but there's little they can do when I'm not having one apparently.

Still, people are dying and all that, so it could be worse!

Speccy bird here aswell (-3.5) Just got some new Jasper Conran specs actually dahhling and tres stylish they are too.

Other ailments include a chronic bad back and endometriosis. They lied when they said I probably would have a lot of trouble having a baby once I got over 30 :jesuswept:

Anyone ever had a jizzache?

Few years ago, right at the point of freeing the tadpoles, I'd get an excruciating headache, like being stabbed at the back of my neck. Lasted a few minutes.

They were utterly unpredictable, I could hit the vinegars one night and be crippled , next night - bombs away, thanks Mrs. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

This went on for about a year , then cleared up.

Bizarre.

I used to get awful, awful paralysing migraines that would fuck my whole body up but I'm fine these days.

I also had a muscular problem in my fretting hand from playing guitar too much so I had to have some time off playing guitar. Other than that a nasty kick to the shin in a football game messed my cartilage up for a few years but apart from this I'm fit and healthy and always have been.

Still shite at football mind.

A short while ago I had a small lump on my knee which was removed with local anaesthetic. Turned out to be benign. Having the stiches removed today as it happens. Otherwise nothing other than the odd bout of flu.

I'm quite shocked to read about some of the health problems on here tbh given most people are relatively young.

Tore my ACL two years ago playing football/soccer. A replacement ACL surgery and three months physical therapy and it still isn't the same as before. While I was in surgery, the doctor told me that I already had the signs of arthritis... at 32 years old. Now my knees grind when I go up the stairs.

Anyone ever had a jizzache?

Few years ago, right at the point of freeing the tadpoles, I'd get an excruciating headache, like being stabbed at the back of my neck. Lasted a few minutes.

They were utterly unpredictable, I could hit the vinegars one night and be crippled , next night - bombs away, thanks Mrs. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

This went on for about a year , then cleared up.

Bizarre.

Aye, I had that too at one point. Nothing more frightening than thinking that a wank was going to cause crippling pain for the rest of my life.

Went away in a few months.

Edited by ewerk

When I was younger I used to get Migraines fairly regularly, once every few months. As I've got older the frequency has decreased but I still get them sometimes. Had one last Monday, last one I had before that was December 2009. Before that it had been about 3 or 4 years and I thought I might have grown out of them.

I don't just get a headache like, it's fucking horrible. First I get what's apparently called an aura, which is basically me going blind and being able to see nothing but zebra stripes. It moves across my vision and eventually clears up, at which point I get the mother of all headaches; it's like someone stabbing you in the frontal lobe with a metal fence post. Along with that I get bad nausea, which if I've had nowt to eat beforehand involves me howking up bile, it's absolutely fucking rank. My body will basically make me sick regardless of how much I try and fight it.

The whole thing normally lasts for about 6 hours, during which I have no option but to find a dark room and just try and sleep it off. It never works though, it's like being in a trance for the whole episode. It takes about 3 days to recover from and all, it's amazing how drained I get afterwards. My heart is always fucked for a week afterwards aswell, if I try and resume normal life like the gym and that too quickly, I get palpatations and anxiety attacks and shit.

I've never been able to find out what triggers them. When I was younger I went to the doctors to see what the craic was, but they've never known what to tell me. Even though they've become less frequent I'd say they're definitely a lot more powerful than they used to be. Might see if I can get checked again but there's little they can do when I'm not having one apparently.

Still, people are dying and all that, so it could be worse!

That's one of the worst things I've heard from a normal kid. Hope you get better soon. Nee where near as bad as that like, but in my early 20's if I'd go on three or four days benders, I'd feel like I was gonna die. I remember waking up in this flat, got a taxi home after 4 days solid on the drink, and I couldn't control my neck in the taxi, me heed was like hanging out the open window, and all I could see was tiny little what were like tadpoles across my vision. Wasn't an ailment like but it was my body saying looking these 3 and 4 benders are nee good, and the worst thing about them was they used to fuck me mentally to the point I was paranoid and depressed till the hangover subsided.