Joey Barton

Whitey

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:jesuswept::(:lol:

Some chap on Newcastle-Online who went said Barton wants to stay here but he's only been offered a new deal which is worth 1/3 of what he's currently on.

If that's the case then that's shocking like.

:jesuswept::(:lol:

Some chap on Newcastle-Online who went said Barton wants to stay here but he's only been offered a new deal which is worth 1/3 of what he's currently on.

If that's the case then that's shocking like.

But expected with the prats we have in charge.

Very much turned times with Barton. I wouldnt have cared if he left after the season of relegation, now we must keep him. He has been excellent.

1/3 is a bit harsh. I would have given him 50k to match Nolan!

If that 1/3 pay-cut is true then they're just looking to milk the guy's loyalty and passion for NUFC.

"If he cares about the club and the morons that support it so much then he surely won't mind losing a bit of money, Mike"

"Genius stuff once again Derek. This is a business after all."

"And if he says no then the fans will think he's being greedy and won't blame us at all."

"Spot on, babe. Music to my ears. Now go and get that silly twat Pardew and let him know the situation"

*cracks whip in preparation*

Edited by Tecato

oh dear.

There is a book called "When England lose and other curious football phenomena explained". On page 54 it shows stats that prove that high wages paid to your players reflect in the higher performance and league positions of the team.

Those who like stats would wank themselves silly over this book. There is a whole chapter called "The worst business in the world - why football clubs don't [and shouldn't] make money". Of course, this is based on the real world, and historical fact, not an idealistic little dream that some tosspots form in their minute brains.

It would seem that our owner STILL hasn't learned any lessons [unless of course his aim is to run the club with as little expenditure as possible, take no risks, and hope to preserve premiership status and keep the crowds high enough to make an annual profit of a few million quid including any money from selling our best players]. People who are happy with this - fine.

This may well be his "plan". It certainly isn't to get success on the pitch.

Edited by LeazesMag

MIKE LEARN YOUR LESSON, YOUR BUSINESS MUST HEMORRHAGE MONEY OR YOU CAN'T WIN!

I'm sure he can't wait to adopt a "plan" to get involving operating losses and the uefa cup. Once he does, lesson learned! Messiahhhhh!

MIKE LEARN YOUR LESSON, YOUR BUSINESS MUST HEMORRHAGE MONEY OR YOU CAN'T WIN!

I'm sure he can't wait to adopt a "plan" to get involving operating losses and the uefa cup. Once he does, lesson learned! Messiahhhhh!

you need a high position in the premiership, not the lower leagues, to qualify for europe kiddah.

Barton's played well for about a third of his contract here which could be the reason for the offer :jesuswept: In all seriousness though I suspect the guy on Newcastle Online is mistaken, maybe Barton said they've asked him to take a cut of a third and not to a third, otherwise I doubt they'd bother making an offer at all.

The craic was a little while back he wanted 3 years at 2/3s what he was on while the club offered 2 years at that rate (which would amount to three more years anyway). Wouldn't be surprised if they had offered him something derisory with a view to selling him this summer mind.

The craic was a little while back he wanted 3 years at 2/3s what he was on while the club offered 2 years at that rate (which would amount to three more years anyway). Wouldn't be surprised if they had offered him something derisory with a view to selling him this summer mind.

depressing isn't it.

Just the job to keep the optimism and the turnstiles clicking, shirts selling, sponsors queueing up, making the club attractive to other players.

Doing good business is Mikey baby.

As our only consistent source of creativity, this year, i'm staggered if this is true. he's got 2-3 years of good football in him, and as one of our better performers this year, he needs securing for the medium term at least. without him and with the current forward line, at this level we are fucked to be honest.

Barton's current sale price will probably be at it's highest it's ever going to be right now, following a year or two of good performances and a relative prolonged period of time of 'trying to calm down and keep the demons at bay'.

This, to me, = time to sell (in LardAsh's eyes)

Yeah I went, he was absolutely spot on, and signed hundred of autographs, was in photos for everyone and spoke for a good half an hour. Also stuck a couple of grand of his own money into the auction.

Mentioned that after the Leyton Orient game they had the famous "team meeting" where "Some of them said they thought they were too good to play in the Championship, which is funny because they were the cunts who took the club down". Also said Duff was all up for staying at NUFC in the championship, but his missis wanted to move to London and he had to go with her.

Had a cheeky dig... "Some cunts sign for a team and play one game and win a cup, they havent really won it, have you? You need to play every game"

Said the Carroll deal was great for NUFC as long as we "go and spend the fucking money" in the summer.

If he could sign anyone in the league it'd be Luka Modric.

Said he was speaking to Puma about the home kit because he's sick of people (mentioned jermaine defoe in particular) ripping the piss out of the way he wears his shorts.

Edited by smoggeordie

Said Llambias told him the deal was 'non negotiable'. Said Ashley is actually a decent fella.
I do wonder how much control Llambias actually has. I know most of us thought/think that he's just Ashley's puppet, but I'm wondering if Ashley just leaves him to it and that Llambias deserves more of the blame that is directed straight at Ashley.