Joey Barton

Whitey

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I went, he was absolutely spot on, and signed hundred of autographs, was in photos for everyone and spoke for a good half an hour. Also stuck a couple of grand of his own money into the auction.

Said that he'd been offered 1/3rd of his current contract and not heard anything from them since. Said Llambias told him the deal was 'non negotiable'. Said Ashley is actually a decent fella.

He mentioned he was willing to take a pay cut, because he knows people aren't getting paid what they used to at NUFC, but such a monster cut was really taking the piss considering he feels he's playing the best football of his career.

Doesn't have a problem with Shearer at the moment, and they had banter at a party round Harpers. Said at Liverpool Shearer accused him of being a coward and deliberately trying to hurt Xabi Alonso, which is why the fall out happened.

Mentioned that after the Leyton Orient game they had the famous "team meeting" where "Some of them said they thought they were too good to play in the Championship, which is funny because they were the cunts who took the club down". Mentioned Martins and Bassong specifically. Also said Duff was all up for staying at NUFC in the championship, but his missis wanted to move to London and he had to go with her.

Had a cheeky dig at Martins (well, I presume it was him) "Some cunts sign for a team and play one game and win a cup, they havent really won it, have you? You need to play every game"

Said the Carroll deal was great for NUFC as long as we "go and spend the fucking money" in the summer.

If he could sign anyone in the league it'd be Luka Modric.

Said he was speaking to Puma about the home kit because he's sick of people (mentioned jermaine defoe in particular) ripping the piss out of the way he wears his shorts.

Finally said that he wasn't leaving NUFC this summer, even if the club try to sell him.

We'll see.

I quite like Barton, he wears his heart on his sleeve and is down to earth. He's had his bad moments in the past but it would be canny to think he has maybe matured and learned from his mistakes. He will be a sad miss when he goes, because its unlikely we will replace him properly.

Mentioned Martins and Bassong specifically. Also said Duff was all up for staying at NUFC in the championship, but his missis wanted to move to London and he had to go with her.

Said the Carroll deal was great for NUFC as long as we "go and spend the fucking money" in the summer.

Any mention of Beye? I always reckoned Duff wanted to stay with us too, showed no signs of wanting to be away when he scored v. WBA on the first day of the season.

I imagine statements like "we'll have to spend the Carroll money" won't improve the likelihood of being offered a (non-ridiculous) new contract. :jesuswept:

Said Llambias told him the deal was 'non negotiable'. Said Ashley is actually a decent fella.
I do wonder how much control Llambias actually has. I know most of us thought/think that he's just Ashley's puppet, but I'm wondering if Ashley just leaves him to it and that Llambias deserves more of the blame that is directed straight at Ashley.

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest, but I think it's gone far too far for that sophisticated an analysis... Ultimately, Ashley put him there, knows him and isn't taking him away.

No wonder some of our fans get classed as clueless when people on NO see it as a bad thing when Barton says he definitely doesn't want to leave the club. He physically came or and said that he doesn't want to leave nufc in the forseeable future.

But then again I suppose it's fun for them to try to twist his words to put him in a bad light.

No wonder some of our fans get classed as clueless when people on NO see it as a bad thing when Barton says he definitely doesn't want to leave the club. He physically came or and said that he doesn't want to leave nufc in the forseeable future.

But then again I suppose it's fun for them to try to twist his words to put him in a bad light.

the only good thing I can say about the posters on Newcastle Online is that some posters on skunkers are equally as stupid, incredible as it may seem.

Just like you twisting the words of NO posters to put them in a bad light? :jesuswept:

the only good thing I can say about the posters on Newcastle Online is that some posters on skunkers are equally as stupid, incredible as it may seem.

:jesuswept: You didn't answer anyone's questions there either

<_< You didn't answer anyone's questions there either

they don't answer mine, in fact they stated their views years ago. "Anyone but Fred", "Isn't Mike Ashley wonderful", "he bought me a pint y'knaa", "he did the conga in the boardroom isn't that funny".... :jesuswept::(:lol: look up the posts and see for yourself.

You live in Stranraer don't you ? Shit view of NUFC from there, as well proven. Hope you have bookmarked all these threads until next year, or even earlier if we are relegated again.

It's ironic that the vast majority of so called knowledgeable NUFC supporters over there spent so long mocking the mackems [which is all they do] and now the boot is on the other foot and we have a Bob Murray type owner of our own, they are too stupid to see it. Amazing that they talk about True Faith in the way they do, does anybody actually buy True Faith ? What a rag it is.

All we will do under Mike Ashley is mirror what the mackems did under Bob Murray, and those dopes actually are trying to talk it up. I suppose if you can't even put your money in and support your man, then you just might see the funny side because some of them certainly don't see much.

Edited by LeazesMag

Said Llambias told him the deal was 'non negotiable'. Said Ashley is actually a decent fella.
I do wonder how much control Llambias actually has. I know most of us thought/think that he's just Ashley's puppet, but I'm wondering if Ashley just leaves him to it and that Llambias deserves more of the blame that is directed straight at Ashley.

I reckon Ashley's the kind of bloke who'd be alright to you face to face but call you worse than shite behind your back whereas Llambias is just a straight up cunt to everyone he meets.

Just like you twisting the words of NO posters to put them in a bad light? :jesuswept:

NO is full of fuckwits to be fair, we don't need to do too much to put them in a bad light. For example, the abuse that Colocho gets for being part of the United for Newcastle group is incredibly harsh.

If the posters on Skunkers are stupid then fuck knas what that makes you considering you get your arse torn out everytime you post over there :jesuswept:

You live in Stranraer don't you ? Shit view of NUFC from there, as well proven. Hope you have bookmarked all these threads until next year, or even earlier if we are relegated again.

As an out of towner, largely armchair/lying in bed watching on a stream football fan, I appreciate there's something you miss by not being in the city and completely immersed in the football culture, especially somewhere as football-centric as newcastle. I think these days with message boards, the internet, able to watch nearly every game in full, you can still get a pretty good feel for whats going on, and at least enough to make a reasonable stab at an opinion. May not be correct, as all certain posters' opinions are, but they can be pretty well informed.

On that subject, in another topic (the american vs japanese reaction to catastrophe) you said you lived outside of the north east for 30 years. You didn't state when or where. However, if you're going to pick others up on being out of towners (which most admit readily when it would be quite simple to pretend otherwise) and render their opinion invalid, i think it would be a nice gesture if you could tell us which years you were away from newcastle, and thus your opinion (by your standards) is invalid/less valid on.

p.s. I spent a while replying to your post in the 'egyptian revolution gathers pace' thread. i appreciate the thread changed tact after the UN resolution was passed. just in case you missed it in the excitement, and simultaneous arguments in several other threads, its here

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=882242

if you saw it and didn't deem it worth replying, then that's fine as well. As I said, I'm not one for protracted circular arguments.

p.p.s And yes, this is similar to how I speak in real life

You live in Stranraer don't you ? Shit view of NUFC from there, as well proven.

Stranraer, where the fuck'd you get that from :jesuswept:

Live about 6 miles from SJP, as the crow flies.

And you post wasn't snipped to avoid questions, although I do answer them all, just not reinvigorating that loop again.

If the posters on Skunkers are stupid then fuck knas what that makes you considering you get your arse torn out everytime you post over there :jesuswept:

:( True Dat

As an out of towner, largely armchair/lying in bed watching on a stream football fan, I appreciate there's something you miss by not being in the city and completely immersed in the football culture, especially somewhere as football-centric as newcastle. I think these days with message boards, the internet, able to watch nearly every game in full, you can still get a pretty good feel for whats going on, and at least enough to make a reasonable stab at an opinion. May not be correct, as all certain posters' opinions are, but they can be pretty well informed.

On that subject, in another topic (the american vs japanese reaction to catastrophe) you said you lived outside of the north east for 30 years. You didn't state when or where. However, if you're going to pick others up on being out of towners (which most admit readily when it would be quite simple to pretend otherwise) and render their opinion invalid, i think it would be a nice gesture if you could tell us which years you were away from newcastle, and thus your opinion (by your standards) is invalid/less valid on.

p.s. I spent a while replying to your post in the 'egyptian revolution gathers pace' thread. i appreciate the thread changed tact after the UN resolution was passed. just in case you missed it in the excitement, and simultaneous arguments in several other threads, its here

if you saw it and didn't deem it worth replying, then that's fine as well. As I said, I'm not one for protracted circular arguments.

Wouldn't waste time rationalising with him mate, he's immersed in NUFC where he lives, in that 100% black and white heartland that is Scarborough.

Wouldn't waste time rationalising with him mate, he's immersed in NUFC where he lives, in that 100% black and white heartland that is Scarborough.

Regardless, following Leaze around like Skidders does makes you nothing more than a troll.

And you post wasn't snipped to avoid questions, although I do answer them all, just not reinvigorating that loop again.

brian-potter.jpg

"Stranraer!?"

Regardless, following Leaze around like Skidders does makes you nothing more than a troll.

Obsessed :jesuswept:

is that so :(

I don't see you giving us your expert knowledge on there, in fact not once during Mike Ashley began his decline of the football club.

The only person who talks any sense at all is MWNN

brian-potter.jpg

"Stranraer!?"

no you don't.

But I hope you have bookmarked these threads.........

haha, when I lived in Scarborough I still saw every home game, and during almost 30 years away from Tyneside and a lot further away than Scarborough, I still kept up my season ticket. I don't need to justify myself to anybody, especially someone who knows fuck all about the football club despite living on Tyneside then :jesuswept:

I hope you have bookmarked these posts.

:(

it makes him look like Skidders' dad, especially when he refuses to answer question and regurgitates the same shite. :jesuswept:

it's a long post, I'm not deliberately ignoring it. I think most things are covered by my replies to others though which takes up a lot of time.

I'll have another look in case there is something I've missed, but I stand by everything I say about Mike Ashley which I have said for a long time and the longer he is here the more it looks like unfortunately he is in fact running the club in decline, from being one of the top clubs in the country into also rans. And, I have kept my season ticket since 1973, including when I have been away from the area, the only period I didn't have it, but still saw about half the home games and probably about double figures away games between around 1978 and 1985 when I spent periods out of the country.

I hope this answers your question and you are happy with it.

I also stand by everything I say about Islam - note Islam, not the Jews, chinese, or anybody else, only Islam. If stupid people wish to call that racist and are too dumb or brainwashed to see the big picture and the trouble Islam causes everywhere it goes, then they will only look more stupid the longer they close their eyes to it.