carroll wtf

DEADMAN

I know what you mean Deadman (as does everyone else). It's the same old shit, Carrol was brilliant for us before he got injured and was billed as one for the future. He gets a move to Liverpool and suddenly he's the main man who is going to fire us to Euro 2012 despite the fact he's been shite his last 3 games.

I've never really heard anyone saying that.

Plus, you can clearly tell he's not match fit at the moment. He doesn't look as lean as he did while with us.

no i mean it just seems odd i mean i may be overreacting but i think he will get more games at liverpool than nufc

yea could be over reacting like

Clearly just back from Japan

you can clearly tell he's not match fit at the moment.

This

As for the op, its certainly a pisser that he's gone from a 'future talent' to 'one of the main men' in the England squad (at least in the press's eyes) since he's moved.

More down to the (southern) press's perception of Nufc I reckon.

fwiw, I still bear absolutely no malice toward Carroll for moving. All my hatred and loathing is firmly aimed at the fat cunt and his lickspittle.

I know what you mean Deadman (as does everyone else). It's the same old shit, Carrol was brilliant for us before he got injured and was billed as one for the future. He gets a move to Liverpool and suddenly he's the main man who is going to fire us to Euro 2012 despite the fact he's been shite his last 3 games.

I've never really heard anyone saying that.

Plus, you can clearly tell he's not match fit at the moment. He doesn't look as lean as he did while with us.

I don't need the media to tell me, I've seen for myself. I'm not saying he wont come good but if he is one of the best 2 strikers in England at the minute then we are in the shit!

If he isn't match fit that just adds to my point tbh.

If he'd still been here he'd have been starting imo. That's down to the dearth of strikers as much as anything though. Have the papers actually been lauding him to high heaven though?

If he'd still been here he'd have been starting imo. That's down to the dearth of strikers as much as anything though. Have the papers actually been lauding him to high heaven though?

There was a piece in the Sun a couple of days ago along the lines of 'Capello can't wait to test out his dream partnership against Wales'

There was a piece in the Sun a couple of days ago along the lines of 'Capello can't wait to test out his dream partnership against Wales'

Hadn't seen that, so it was a genuine question. That's probably just your usual pre-international hype bollocks though. I could imagine similar rhetoric if he was still here (I thought the post-match patter on his debut was a bit OTT). I do think it helps if you play for certain clubs though so I know what DEADMAN is getting at.

What gets me is the very real likeliehood that Capello approached Carroll the last time he was with the England squad for the France friendly and suggested it would be a lot easier to follow his current form if he was at one of the clubs that he visits on a regular basis to follow the established England players!