iPad 2

Smooth Operator

Out at 5pm today, anyone getting one?

Was all set to get one then heard rumours of an Ipad 3 out later in the year, some rumours saying it's gonna be a smaller device to compete with the other smaller tablets on the market which if true isn't my bag, i'd prefer the bigger ipad 2 unless the spec is significantly upgraded on the 3rd generation device as some other rumour mongers are speculating.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out at 5pm today, anyone getting one?

Was all set to get one then heard rumours of an Ipad 3 out later in the year, some rumours saying it's gonna be a smaller device to compete with the other smaller tablets on the market which if true isn't my bag, i'd prefer the bigger ipad 2 unless the spec is significantly upgraded on the 3rd generation device as some other rumour mongers are speculating.

Same here, was going to get one next month when I go to America but the rumours are this is the iPhone 3GS equivalent and the next one will be out by xmas with a proper Retina display so I think I'll hold off.

Same for the iPhone, I was all set to go for the iPhone 4 in May when my contract is up but the iPhone 5 is due out in June/July. Nearly every single one of my mates is tied into a 2 year contract on an iPhone 4 now so I wonder how this is going to hit the iPhone 5 sales?

Saying that the rumoured pictures look very similar to the iPhone 4 so again, this might just be an interim update until the iPhone 6 is out :nufc:

iphone-5-metal.jpg

Each Apple product has a 1yr life. iPad 3 wont be till next year imo. Iphone 5 is due this year and is meant to have improved processor and wider screen (same size phone though).

I have a iPad but have no intererest in iPad 2. Might get another 1st gen one though.

I thought the crack was that it'll never get a retina display cos the drain on resources and battery for a screen that size would basically make it useless. I bet the rumours of another one by the end of the year are bollocks.

I thought the crack was that it'll never get a retina display cos the drain on resources and battery for a screen that size would basically make it useless. I bet the rumours of another one by the end of the year are bollocks.

It's a modified version of the iPhone display apparently.

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-compu...-to-know-937498

It's a modified version of the iPhone display apparently.

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-compu...-to-know-937498

These same sites were carrying rumours of a pre-christmas iPhone 5, and we still haven't seen it. I don't think Apple are daft enough to get potential customers second guessing themselves by rushing out a new one that quick.

No one got any mussings on whether the ipad 3 is gonna be a smaller device? Sky news article seems to suggest so.

There were rumours of a much smaller iPhone as well. I think it'll be bollocks.

you won't get a new ipad 3 until this time next year. the odds are it will have an improved display and better storage. other than that unless they improve battery life significantly within the next 12 months they'll probably be knackering themselves. unless they can get oled working at those resolutions (as it uses less power).

iBollocks, the way I see it anyone daft enough to buy all these Apple products in such quick succession need their heads looking at. In fact I'd even go as far as to say that all this 'i' rubbish just shows up those people who are more concerned with being trendy than having something with more capability for less money just because it's not an Apple product.

• 3 months later...

My dad has got my mam one for her 50th. She won;t have much clue what to do with it but she'll feel good waving it around in front of her mates and talking about it loudly in the pub

She now has an AppleMac, a Macbook Air, an iPhone4 and an iPad2. They all do the same thing more or less ^_^