iPad 2

Smooth Operator

Can't recommend the iPad's enough like. I was sceptical about them, but since buying mine I use it all the time. As Gemmill said, some of the apps for it such as Flipboard are class.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the samsung galaxy tab 10.1 is nice its voted 10 out of 10 on pc worlds website or currys whichever. also the motorola xoom you can get a 32gb model for the same price as a 16gb apple ipad 2 so hahaha :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :razz::icon_lol:

As much as I like Android, the current range of tablets dont seem worth bothering with. Most of the reviews say that honeycomb feels like it's still in beta and a lot of apps are just phone versions. This will all change with google having bought motorola's tablet and smartphone division but not for a while yet.

LTB, have you read this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1100014

as much as it pains me to say this apple has a new threat and thats android ive seen android devices online like smartphones tablets etc and there extremly close to apple and even beat apple in some cases weather its spec or design whichever. now people can say oh apples not beatable there unstoppable wrong android will beat them. and guess what apple dont like the competition so they start sueing

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...pples-iPad.html

Looks like we might have a serious contender for the iPad, finally! Amazon is announcing the colour kindle/tablet tomorrow. There's a bit of confusion at the minute as to whether it's actually a kindle or a tablet but apparently it's going to cost £200 and will have free access to films through Amazon

The USP for the Kindle for me is its battery life - it's bloody fantastic and it remains to be seen if they can maintain that to a degree and go down the colour route.

I'm guessing it's LCD rather than the 'floating ink' too?

There is no way any tablet can possibly have a battery life anything like a kindle. They're totally different things.

Agreed.

They did a feature on the Gadget Show a few weeks back on colour e-books and the consensus was that the technology needed to move forward before they would become a success in the marketplace.

There is no way any tablet can possibly have a battery life anything like a kindle. They're totally different things.

Agreed.

They did a feature on the Gadget Show a few weeks back on colour e-books and the consensus was that the technology needed to move forward before they would become a success in the marketplace.

At $200 I'm grabbing one. I wouldn't pay for 3G if I had the option, and I can't imagine using a tablet to take pictures. (A front facing small camera for conferencing is another question, though.)

To me a 7" tablet is about the right size, because I have tried using an iPad for production and it just isn't a production device. Great for consumption but not for productivity.

It's a fantastic price, which is basically all I was waiting for in order to get something like this. I almost bought the 5" Samsung thing for $170 a few weeks ago. Glad I didn't now.

The price drops on the other Kindles is fairly incredible also. I really like my 3rd generation Kindle, and don't intend to "upgrade" but I might get my wife one of the new ones for $100.