iPad 2

Smooth Operator

I think I'm going to get my dad a Nexus 7 for Christmas like. Had a mess around on my mate's one and really liked it and I think it's something he will too. He's on his shite netbook constantly and doesn't really know much about computers, so the Nexus 7 will be perfect for him.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in Berlin last week, in Berlin Zoo there was a lot of people taking photographs with iPads. They looked fucking stupid.

Aye, similar thing when I was in Florida earlier this year, only they were using them as video cameras!

• 6 months later...

Anybody got any good video converting software from PC to iPad? Ideally one that wirelessly transfers the video whilst it is encoding.

Get AVPlayerHD and you don't need to convert. It plays anything you throw at it. MKVs, the lot. And you can transfer wirelessly, although only one file at a time.

If you're just gonna be streaming on wireless in the house, get Airplayer.

Edited by Gemmill

• 4 months later...

Can anyone tell me the difference between an ipad 2 and an ipad 3? :unsure:

Had a bit of a result this morning...took up with this accountancy firm recently http://www.brookson.co.uk/recommend-a-friend/ and have taken advantage of their offer of a free 16gb ipad mini for recommending a friend. I fancied a full ipad with 3g, so I was going to put it on ebay or gumtree and pay the difference, until a mate at work suggested I take it to John Lewis to see if theyd give me full price for the mini and I'd pay the difference for an ipad2. So we trundles up to the local JL this morning thinking that theyd never go for it...which tbf, the bloke was very dubious indeed, but he said "let me see if I've got what you want"...so he comes back and said "no ipad 2, but I've got the last ipad 3 in the shop and its been reduced, lets have a see if your mini scans" The ipad 3 was reduced to £404, the full price of the ipad2 would have been £414....the ipad mini sailed through the scanner @ £269, giving me an ipad3 "with cellular" for £135 :lol:

Were the ipad3's a short lived thing till the retina display ones came out?....would be interested to know...

• 2 years later...

Can anyone recommend a decent app for an iPad by which I may be magically able to watch tonight's UK inter-nation football fest?... it's on at the relatively civil time of 11pm so I thought I'd make the effort.... Think what am after is a browser app which gets round the lack of flash drive on iOS devices? Or is there another way? :unsure:

Can you not get access to one of these new gadgets out there, think their called televisions or something? Fairly sure when Australia may have them.

Edited by Renton

On an old tablet I used to use something called Phoenix browser I think which emulated flash - that was on Android though.

Photon browser - does supposedly work on iPad.

@@Renton

It's on Bein sports, you need a subscription, something which our Toyota camper van lacks....that and a television...7km outside Cairns, taxi into town and back $50 minimum...but thanks for the tip :good::razz:

Edited by PaddockLad

It's on Bein sports, you need a subscription, something which our Toyota camper van lacks....that and a television...7km outside Cairns, taxi into town and back $50 minimum...but thanks for the tip :good::razz:

Doesn't seem like much of a van if you need a taxi to get anywhere. :dunno:

Doesn't seem like much of a van if you need a taxi to get anywhere. :dunno:

See, this is what I'd like to do....drive the old jalopy into the city, drink a skinful of their shitty antipodean beer then stagger back for a restful nights kip. However, the current Mrs PL is strongly against this plan, as this is the nearest camp to the city itself, and we'd be almost certainly parked illegally come the morning, having spent the small hours "with inadequate toilet facilities".... I don't know what her problem is :huff: