Level 7...Level 4...Level 42?

peasepud

Firstly I want to make it clear that Im very much in favour of a Singing Section and believe that it should never have been moved. Secondly, I think the work UtdforNewcastle and other groups have done has been invaluable in raising the profile of the cause.

Its time however that people stopped believing that L4 is now the Singing Section because its nailed on that it wont be, neither will the Leazes, Gallowgate, East Stand, Platinum Club or another part of the ground be.

This football club has no intention of relocating it, it was disbanded for a reason, to stop protest, stop the naughty songs about Ashley etc and ensure that next season we give even less abuse. To relocate it would be counter productive, all they would have achieved is promote the very thing they dont want.

I dont think anyone has any handle on how many L7 fans have requested a move to L4 but Id make a conservative estimate at 500 to a thousand (thats quite a range). UtdforNewcastle however are under the belief that its a done deal, that next season they'll be singing, shouting and pogoing in a lower level with thousands of like minded people.

As Ive been saying on twitter, any mass relocation would have to have been done pre-ST renewals otherwise its not fair on those alreadly located there. Does anyone believe that the masses currently in L4 want to be in a Singing section? if they did then they would have bought L7 last season and saved themselves a fortune. Therefore, is it really fair to lumber them with people who do want that? No.

Does the club know this? of course it does and it will be the reason given as to why offical relocation is not on the cards.

So that leaves those who have requested L4 thinking they'll just set it up themselves anyway, unlikely, the majority of those fans will be spread across the ground, anywhere that is the same price as L4 will now see additional fans placed in, spread as evenly across the ground as possible but not in any kind of clusters to reduce the chances of organised signing breaking out.

I reckon theres going to be some disappointed and angry people come May/June however by that time its too late to protest about it, the moments gone and the club know that, theyre simply buying time and humouring people with a meeting here and there.

Firstly I want to make it clear that Im very much in favour of a Singing Section and believe that it should never have been moved. Secondly, I think the work UtdforNewcastle and other groups have done has been invaluable in raising the profile of the cause.

Its time however that people stopped believing that L4 is now the Singing Section because its nailed on that it wont be, neither will the Leazes, Gallowgate, East Stand, Platinum Club or another part of the ground be.

This football club has no intention of relocating it, it was disbanded for a reason, to stop protest, stop the naughty songs about Ashley etc and ensure that next season we give even less abuse. To relocate it would be counter productive, all they would have achieved is promote the very thing they dont want.

I dont think anyone has any handle on how many L7 fans have requested a move to L4 but Id make a conservative estimate at 500 to a thousand (thats quite a range). UtdforNewcastle however are under the belief that its a done deal, that next season they'll be singing, shouting and pogoing in a lower level with thousands of like minded people.

As Ive been saying on twitter, any mass relocation would have to have been done pre-ST renewals otherwise its not fair on those alreadly located there. Does anyone believe that the masses currently in L4 want to be in a Singing section? if they did then they would have bought L7 last season and saved themselves a fortune. Therefore, is it really fair to lumber them with people who do want that? No.

Does the club know this? of course it does and it will be the reason given as to why offical relocation is not on the cards.

So that leaves those who have requested L4 thinking they'll just set it up themselves anyway, unlikely, the majority of those fans will be spread across the ground, anywhere that is the same price as L4 will now see additional fans placed in, spread as evenly across the ground as possible but not in any kind of clusters to reduce the chances of organised signing breaking out.

I reckon theres going to be some disappointed and angry people come May/June however by that time its too late to protest about it, the moments gone and the club know that, theyre simply buying time and humouring people with a meeting here and there.

Everyone on here who sits in L7 has said they've requested to move to L4. Me and the two kids next to me put in together, one of my mates put his form in with us, and 3 more of their mates. I'm confident we'll get them, and I'm confident the likes of Happy Face and Ketsbaia will get their's in L4.

I pear over the balcony every home game especially lately that I knew we were moving down there, and it's half empty even when the rest of the ground is full. You go on the Man Utd home game stadium map. There's no fucka in there. I'd say about 3,000 seats in that corner, I reckon 800 are full. Have a look at the Man Utd game map on .co.uk. I understand all of your post and your reasons for it, and behind it, but I'm confident we'll get our seats where we've requested them. With a bit of luck L4 who are there now will fuck off to the East Stand and leave it for us.

Hopefully the bar in that corner is efficient like, looks like I'll have to start going in 20 to 3 as well, cos I used to just jump in the cripple lift at 5 to 3 in Level 7.

With a bit of luck L4 who are there now will fuck off to the East Stand and leave it for us.

There lies the problem though, why should they? These people will have already renewed and paid their money so the club wont attempt to move them.

There are people there who have sat in that seat for years, why should they move or end up sitting in an area where everyone stands and signs all game if thats not what they want from a match. This is the argument the club will use and its understandable.

The club knows that whatever decision it makes it will piss some people off, therefore the L7 people will be the ones. Some will be relocated in L4 but many many more will not. Its not down to how many seats there are free currently, its whether they want to allow another area to become a problem.

With a bit of luck L4 who are there now will fuck off to the East Stand and leave it for us.

There lies the problem though, why should they? These people will have already renewed and paid their money so the club wont attempt to move them.

There are people there who have sat in that seat for years, why should they move or end up sitting in an area where everyone stands and signs all game if thats not what they want from a match. This is the argument the club will use and its understandable.

The club knows that whatever decision it makes it will piss some people off, therefore the L7 people will be the ones. Some will be relocated in L4 but many many more will not. Its not down to how many seats there are free currently, its whether they want to allow another area to become a problem.

To be fair you were spot on about this before anyone knew it was happening. You posted about 3 weeks before the announcement and I'll be honest I dismissed it at the time. Are you saying the above based on bona fide fact that you've heard via the T.O. or is it just your opinion. Regarding these people in L4, they'll probably feel about us like LM feels about muslims coming in to this country, but they'll just have to learn to get along with us, like the country did with them...

Its a bit of both, I have it from a canny ITK that the club have zero interest in allowing you all to move to L4 (and tbf it doesnt take any ITK to work that one out) and are actively ensuring that those previously in L7 are spread as far apart as possible.

Its my own personal thought though that this entire "meet with the fans" that they held with UtdforNewcastle was done to aid that process, give them the view that all will be fine and L7 people will renew, at that point theyve got you. If everyone had held off renewing until knowing what the outcome was then they'd have found it difficult to control.

Say I was placed somewhere other than the three places I'd requested on my season ticket form, would I be able to cancel my application?

Just don't pay the direct debit. If we end up somewhere I don't want to be i.e. at the front behind the goal, I'm telling them to move us or fuckin do one.

If the club had any intention of moving the singing section anywhere else, they would have stated it when the said they were gonna disperse the Leazes corner.

I wouldn't hold my breath that the club are working behind the scenes to try and resolve it, they'll leave it up to the fans to rearrange in clusters about where they are wanting to move too

It's a shame cos its gonna take a massive amount of enjoyment not being in the singing section on matchdays :lol:

If the club had any intention of moving the singing section anywhere else, they would have stated it when the said they were gonna disperse the Leazes corner.

I wouldn't hold my breath that the club are working behind the scenes to try and resolve it, they'll leave it up to the fans to rearrange in clusters about where they are wanting to move too

It's a shame cos its gonna take a massive amount of enjoyment not being in the singing section on matchdays :lol:

I'm actually gutted to be honest, I love my seat so much too class view, cheap as fuck, easy to get in and out. You know even moving us in to the corner from high behind the goal was a cheek, but I grew to like that corner more than behind the goal L7.

Edited by McFaul

Luadable though it may be, a deaf and dumb singing section won't help the atmosphere much mate.

I agree totally that we need a vocal singing section, that section however should always be next to the away fans otherwise theyre ineffective in shutting them up.

What Im getting at in my post is that, whatever you, me or anyone else thinks, its bad craic to suddenly move a thousand fans on mass into an area where the existing tenants arent up for/ wanting that kind of participation.

I agree totally that we need a vocal singing section, that section however should always be next to the away fans otherwise theyre ineffective in shutting them up.

What Im getting at in my post is that, whatever you, me or anyone else thinks, its bad craic to suddenly move a thousand fans on mass into an area where the existing tenants arent up for/ wanting that kind of participation.

They shouldn't be at the match if that's their attitude then. Supporters should support the team vocally and encourage them like the old days.

They shouldn't be at the match if that's their attitude then. Supporters should support the team vocally and encourage them like the old days.

Disagree totally, I like to sing, you like to sing but the bloke next to me doesnt. The entire row in front doesnt. People pay their money to watch a match, some pay that money and select a seat thats in the middle of the singing section, others prefer to get behind the team but sit quieter watching and taking in whats happening. There are some who use it as a chance to catch up on some much needed kip, theyre known as the East Stand :lol:

The point is, people have got used to their seats just as you have. There will be people in there who cant stand throughout a game due to medical problems. Suddenly having 500 lunatic kids in the rows in front of them would block their view. There'll be many in there who dont want to sing, if they did dont you think they would have moved into L7 by now and saved themselves cash?

Everyone from L7 moving into L4 with the logic that "if those currently in there dont like it then they can shift" is wrong and thats the line the club will use when they refuse the bulk of the moves. As I said in my OP the only time a club could sanction a move like this would be before they had even mentioned ST renewals (as Mr Stone Cold also pointed out above).

What they have guaranteed though is by "talking to the fans" and promising to look into it theyve effectively killed off any widescale protests. A good percentage of those that receive their ST who are elsewhere will swear loudly to themselves and then do nothing more about it.

ps the old days were no different, people wanted to jump about and sing they went in the Gallowgate or Leazes, want to support the team quietly? West Stand, want a kip? East Stand.

Is rather be a tedious optimist tryin to stay positive and hoping for the best rather than a tedious and rather aptly named doom monging troll like yourself.

What with all the negativity and clinging on the to shit, your life must be so exciting.

Il stick with my.opinion thanks.

It's.people like you and tecato who contribute towards the shit nervous atmosphere at the games.

Positivity breeds Positivity ma'man.

Quite the opposite. While I'm at the match, I back the lads through out. But what wont do is try to put a positive spin on a situation like ours. I'm a happy person in life but Im realistic enough not to see anything positive about our plight under ashley. We will not move forward with him in charge. When you accept that, your posts will be taken more seriously. The fact that you saw that radio interview with pardew as positive beggars belief.

I don't get why they feel the need to implement the move though? Why do they need to change that section to an 18-21 year old section, it makes no sense, theres been no campaign or any word of this happening, so why bring it in? No one is pleased about it, so why do it and displace a couple thousand of fans who have season tickets up there for a bunch of 18 year old chavs to give it the big-un to away fans.

The corner has been a plus point over the past couple year and this has just destroyed it, unfortunately i don't see us having another atmosphere like the 2nd half v Arsenal or when we played Sunderland and it's a massive shame

It's the club that have created this problem, and it should be there obligation to resolve it.

Exactly, thats what i'm getting at, they've created a problem when there wasn't one to start with, it's a pointless decision taking away the atmosphere, i was totally perplexed by the decision when i heard about it.

But good luck in trying to get a new singing section, i aint got my hopes up but at least somethings trying to get done about it

Disagree totally, I like to sing, you like to sing but the bloke next to me doesnt. The entire row in front doesnt. People pay their money to watch a match, some pay that money and select a seat thats in the middle of the singing section, others prefer to get behind the team but sit quieter watching and taking in whats happening. There are some who use it as a chance to catch up on some much needed kip, theyre known as the East Stand :lol:

The point is, people have got used to their seats just as you have. There will be people in there who cant stand throughout a game due to medical problems. Suddenly having 500 lunatic kids in the rows in front of them would block their view. There'll be many in there who dont want to sing, if they did dont you think they would have moved into L7 by now and saved themselves cash?

Everyone from L7 moving into L4 with the logic that "if those currently in there dont like it then they can shift" is wrong and thats the line the club will use when they refuse the bulk of the moves. As I said in my OP the only time a club could sanction a move like this would be before they had even mentioned ST renewals (as Mr Stone Cold also pointed out above).

What they have guaranteed though is by "talking to the fans" and promising to look into it theyve effectively killed off any widescale protests. A good percentage of those that receive their ST who are elsewhere will swear loudly to themselves and then do nothing more about it.

ps the old days were no different, people wanted to jump about and sing they went in the Gallowgate or Leazes, want to support the team quietly? West Stand, want a kip? East Stand.

So you're saying the only fans that don't get to enjoy the match as they want to must be those that provide the most vocal support? Bollocks. We've been shifted from pillar to post....from the gallowgate....to the leazes....to the corner and now again. We've learned to make the most of our new position in the ground every time. If some dullard wants to complain that there's nowhere else in the other three quarters of the stadium where they can catch 40 winks they're taking the piss.

I'm sure the terms and conditions allow for one seat move per season btw.

I know we moved when we weren't happy with our corner seat and we weren't charged.

want a kip? East Stand.

Haven't slept in my "bed" for nearly a month now. I blame the FCB.

Tbf there are pockets of noise in the library. Just not many. And not near me!

I think pud's right about this. The list could now be used to break people up. Best you can hope for is some of the curva nord guys filling in empty seats.

"Dune Tune", anyone?

Could 'they' all not just move to the top deck of the Gallowgate? Whenever I used to look at the seating plan, that area was always sparcely populated with season ticket sales. Just a suggestion.

Both were debated and for some reason L4 was chosen.

Could 'they' all not just move to the top deck of the Gallowgate? Whenever I used to look at the seating plan, that area was always sparcely populated with season ticket sales. Just a suggestion.

"banter" with away fans.

"The Leazes" chants

Shitty bars in the Gallowgate

More space for it to grow in size (and songs to travel). the Gallowgate is more enclosed.

Thanks.