Weddings

Ally

Yeah I didn't think it was normal practice. Funny thing is that a mate of mine isn't going because stag has taken the piss with money too much in the past for him to fork out for a weekend away for him, let alone chip in.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid for my digs and travel but never bought a drink all weekend.

I did spend a few hundred on a meal for everyone though.

I'd say he's taking the piss if he wants to pay nowt. He should appreciate people spending money to come in the first place.

He should appreciate people spending money to come in the first place.

Aye that's it. I was just grateful people were prepared to pay flights/hotel to come on mine. Asking people to pay for me too never entered my head.

I'm getting married in October next year so got ages to save for the honeymoon and stag do as the mrs' parents are kindly paying for a lot of the wedding.

Doing the stag do in Vegas and wouldn't dream of anyone chipping in considering it'll cost a fair whack. As Gemmil says, I'll just be grateful people are making the trip.

Fairly nervous about the idea of the speech but think it'll be an easy gig compared to the best man and father of the bride.

I've been on a few away trip stag dos and never known that to happen. Sounds like the stag has probably suggested it, if he's a tight arse. Last wedding I went to before mine, the groom announced in his speech that the best man and ushers (of which I was one) were all going on another post wedding stag do abroad, and he was paying for it. Which was canny.

Were you allowed to go? ;)

Edited by Jonny2J

I don't think it was his idea but I'm not surprised in the least that he's lapping it up. Not much I can do really as judging by the emails everyone else is happy to chip in. But none of them had to live with the freeloading cunt at university. Still it's only 20 quid.

Dont forget that if you lucky fellas are looking for a wedding photographer then check out my website :-)

www.andyhudsonphotography.co.uk

Apologies for the shameless plug but shy bairns and all that ;)

Paying for the Stags flight and accommodation seems a bit harsh like. I paid for my best man and his Mrs room at the hotel we were staying in on my wedding night as I felt that was only fair after all the help they'd given us. Did an upgrade on the sly as well, it was a nice surprise for them when they went to check in. Mind, I told him he could fuck off for room service being covered.

• 11 months later...

Im looking for a wedding DJ for my wedding next July @ Close House, Heddon.

Any recommendations?

Sorry to Andy for not contacting him about the photography, would have but my mrs had her heart set on some bloke called David West? Duno if youve seen any of his work Andy, he seems okay to me and with it being a wedding I had very little say in anything....

his site if you want a gander http://www.davidwestphotography.co.uk/

Back on topic though, still on the look out for a DJ, somewhere to get rings, flowers and a vintage wedding car. Think everything else is sorted.

If you can recommend anyone please shout up.

Cheers

ive heard loads about paladium like, i'll check it out

Not heard of David West but his brother does nice tinned fish.

Had a look at his site and his work seems good though... more expensive than me so you missed a trick there ;)

Don't get a Palladium ring... I got one and with 2 weeks it was fucked... it's a really soft metal despite what they tell you and scratches like you wouldn't believe. Honestly after the honeymoon I had to take it back and get a refund as it was just appauling to look at.

Got a 18ct white gold one instead from another shop and it's looking better 3 years on that the Palladium one did after 2 weeks

agree that white gold is a decent wedding band option. i considered platinum until i checked out the prices - fuck that when white gold is a fracvtion of the price, looks just as good (to my untrained eye at least) and maintains its appearance pretty well. mine's 5 years old now and still looks pretty smart.

Been to two weddings at Close House (was Best Man at one) and they were both cracking days. Someone told me they weren't doing weddings anymore as they were going to be solely concentrating on the golf now, but that was obviously bollocks!

I looked at close house. Lovely place but opted for matfen hall in the end, which was absolutely superb. Highly recommended if you haven't checked it out already.

Word of warning: proceed with caution when entering the pool area as CT is known to have been seen exposing his trotters there.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Andy, if a couple said to you that you could use a few pics on your website or in promotional material, but specified "only of the bride and groom please", cos none of the guests have agreed and we don't know how they feel about photos of them or their kids going on the web....is it something that gets honoured by people in your trade generally? Or do you have it in your small print about owning all the images and having the right to use them anywhere you choose?

Turns out every single picture from my wedding is on this lads website, despite having this discussion :lol:

Andy, if a couple said to you that you could use a few pics on your website or in promotional material, but specified "only of the bride and groom please", cos none of the guests have agreed and we don't know how they feel about photos of them or their kids going on the web....is it something that gets honoured by people in your trade generally? Or do you have it in your small print about owning all the images and having the right to use them anywhere you choose?

Turns out every single picture from my wedding is on this lads website, despite having this discussion :lol:

Seems a bit odd that someone would make this request tbh... not heard of this before (no offence like but seems really OTT). There was a discussion on one of the photography forums about this the other day and the long and short is that if you go to a public event you can expect to be photographed, that's what the law states, so basically tough titties on toast.

However if someone really made that request to me and were serious about it i'd obviously accomodate their request and not post any pics other than those of the bride and groom. I'd be a bit miffed about it as my site is very blog like so it would ruin my whole set up of showing off my work, but at the end of the day you want to keep your clients happy as that then leads to word of mouth recommendation and ultimitely more bookings.

Out of interest who was your photographer? Feel free to PM me it instead of posting it in the public domain. I'll obviously not do anything with the name I'm just curious who would ignore their clients requests like that

Seems a bit odd that someone would make this request tbh... not heard of this before (no offence like but seems really OTT). There was a discussion on one of the photography forums about this the other day and the long and short is that if you go to a public event you can expect to be photographed, that's what the law states, so basically tough titties on toast.

It's not a public event though, it's a private invitation only event in hired premises.