Weddings

Ally

Aye, it's madness all that,

"And now the bride with her work colleagues"

"And now the groom with School mates, sorry not you, you were expelled'

"The happy couple with their miserable divorced parents and anxious partners"

One massive group shot of everyone telling the photographer to get fucked. Job done.

:lol: Yeah I hate the 'Mum, sister and auntie, ok now Mum sister and other auntie, ok now mum, sister, both aunties and the cousins' ARRRGHHH!!!!! Do you really need all these different variations?!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone on here is just going have to hire andy to see just how laid back he is

Andy you'll also have to filter any the photographs that M.Fist would select for it's own thread on here

it's the only way forward

Haha I'm mega laid back but get the job done well none the less... although some of the characters on here might test my patience :D

No but you're at stage 2 anyway, well done.

Haha I think that's even more impressive seeing as your not even looking for a photographer!

Can I put that as a testimonial on my site? " We weren't looking for a photographer but we were so impressed with Andy that we put him through the stage 2 anyway. We plan to meet him soon and if he continues to impress we will book him regardless - mr & mrs trophyshy"

So Andy, do you charge guests for physical images of themselves at the wedding whilst retaining the digital record for yourself. Meaning that the only way a guest can get a digital record is by scanning the (rip off) print, or using a low quality screen grab? This has been the case the last couple I went to and personally I feel its taking the piss a bit.

As for the bride and groom, honestly, the album will end up hidden away in a cupboard somewhere, only looked at once. It's a special day but will soon be superseded by other memories, usually in the following days of the honeymoon. I don't know why people just don't all gather together and upload their own photos into a private communal pot tbh, should cover all aspects of it.

Actually, this could be an idea for dragon's den........

Don't worry though Andy, whilst there's women involved this won't happen. ;)

Edited by Renton

Haha I think that's even more impressive seeing as your not even looking for a photographer!

Can I put that as a testimonial on my site? " We weren't looking for a photographer but we were so impressed with Andy that we put him through the stage 2 anyway. We plan to meet him soon and if he continues to impress we will book him regardless - mr & mrs trophyshy"

You can say this if you like; "Andy is easily the best photographer we've never used"

So Andy, do you charge guests for physical images of themselves at the wedding whilst retaining the digital record for yourself. Meaning that the only way a guest can get a digital record is by scanning the (rip off) print, or using a low quality screen grab? This has been the case the last couple I went to and personally I feel its taking the piss a bit.

As for the bride and groom, honestly, the album will end up hidden away in a cupboard somewhere, only looked at once. It's a special day but will soon be superseded by other memories, usually in the following days of the honeymoon. I don't know why people just don't all gather together and upload their own photos into a private communal pot tbh, should cover all aspects of it.

Actually, this could be an idea for dragon's den........

Don't worry though Andy, whilst there's women involved this won't happen. ;)

No mate, I give the couple the images from the day on DVD's... they get a low res disk and a high res disk. They can then do what ever they want with them. They can buy prints from me but equally can just bung the disk in Boots' machines and print them all off that way. The prints I do are of a much higher quality than Boots but obviously cost more, so I always say to couples that if they want a few special pics to frame get them off me, but if they want to print off 50 or more for example just get them from boots or the internet.

Albums are either £300 or if they book my top package they get the album thrown in too. All my packages give the disk of images as standard.

I absolutely hate the business model you've mentioned... loads of photographers do it. I've always gone with the 'no hidden costs' ethos.

No mate, I give the couple the images from the day on DVD's... they get a low res disk and a high res disk. They can then do what ever they want with them. They can buy prints from me but equally can just bung the disk in Boots' machines and print them all off that way. The prints I do are of a much higher quality than Boots but obviously cost more, so I always say to couples that if they want a few special pics to frame get them off me, but if they want to print off 50 or more for example just get them from boots or the internet.

Albums are either £300 or if they book my top package they get the album thrown in too. All my packages give the disk of images as standard.

I absolutely hate the business model you've mentioned... loads of photographers do it. I've always gone with the 'no hidden costs' ethos.

Cool, that's fair enough. I'll use you for my second wedding. ;)

Considering you've never used David Bailey (as far as I know) that's actually an amazing compliment ;)

"Andy is easily the best photographer we know who we've never used. Apart from my uncle but he's retired now"

Aye, it's madness all that,

"And now the bride with her work colleagues"

"And now the groom with School mates, sorry not you, you were expelled'

"The happy couple with their miserable divorced parents and anxious partners"

One massive group shot of everyone telling the photographer to get fucked. Job done.

:lol:

trophyshy killing it today :lol: - who's have thought a thread on wedding photos would provide so many giggles?

Edited by Dr Gloom

Sitting round talking about weddings though. I'm telling you, men are going to sprout ovaries sometime this next century.

i reckon you're a closet chest waxer the amount you bang on about this

I wish i could see Andy reading this thread throwing fingers at his screen :lol:

Wedding I was at last weekend had a shekshy female photographer.

You can't beat tits, Andy my son! ;)

Wedding I was at last weekend had a shekshy female photographer.

You can't beat tits, Andy my son! ;)

Yeah I can't really compete with that tbh... luckily it's usually the bride who books the photographer so my lack of tits shouldn't hamper me too much. If it does I'll have to start eating loads of Greggs steak bakes and grow moobies to compensate :D