Weddings

Ally

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Father of the bride was there so it was not all that juicy, big house in the country close to 2 pubs and a brewery, bit of clay pigeon shooting, some late night poker, BBQs and tonnes of booze.

The worst we did to the groom was make him down a warm wine glass full of Aftershock. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Stupidly mentioned the idea of getting a Caricature to draw pictures of the guests as favours for the wedding, been quoted 400 quid by a few local ones i found via google. Thats 400 quid for 2 and a half hours work, surely seems a bit much? I mean thats a canny hourly wage for someone who's outlay consists of a pen and paper...

Anyone know any or has had any experience of going to a wedding when its been done before?

Could be be a very expensive and shite idea

As I'm sure you've noticed, if you mention that anything is related to a wedding the price seems to go through the roof.

Also, bear in mind how much time the guy is going to have to do the caricatures, is it going to be after the meal? Because there isn't much time before. And if it is for the full 2.5 hours then how many is he going to get time to do? How long does it take to complete one? 20 mins? Are people going to want to sit still for 20 minutes at a wedding.

It's not a bad but one of those that I would categorise as an unnecessary expense.

As I'm sure you've noticed, if you mention that anything is related to a wedding the price seems to go through the roof.

Also, bear in mind how much time the guy is going to have to do the caricatures, is it going to be after the meal? Because there isn't much time before. And if it is for the full 2.5 hours then how many is he going to get time to do? How long does it take to complete one? 20 mins? Are people going to want to sit still for 20 minutes at a wedding.

It's not a bad but one of those that I would categorise as an unnecessary expense.

wpid1711-LakeClark-4726.jpg

"Why do humans always want me in other human's minds?!"

• 5 months later...

Pretty much stretched as far as i can already go, so a band is out of the equation.

Just got quoted £800 for a dj?! I was going to do a playlist myself aswell so that seems like an obscene amount of money. I was thinking £300 is probably more reasonable?

Pretty much stretched as far as i can already go, so a band is out of the equation.

Just got quoted £800 for a dj?! I was going to do a playlist myself aswell so that seems like an obscene amount of money. I was thinking £300 is probably more reasonable?

This lad charged us £250

http://www.fx-entertainments.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/fxentertainment

Nowt special, but which wedding DJs are? He knocked out the pop and the cheese as you'd expect. He provided some canny room lighting for the night at that price too. Not just them 4 lights on the podium like Ray Von.