Weddings

Ally

This lad charged us £250

http://www.fx-entertainments.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/fxentertainment

Nowt special, but which wedding DJs are? He knocked out the pop and the cheese as you'd expect. He provided some canny room lighting for the night at that price too. Not just them 4 lights on the podium like Ray Von.

Thanks, Ill have a look.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Reet, having a mare with Close House at the minute.

With 4 1/2 months to go to the wedding we sent over our final wedding breakfast, canapes, drinks choices. We then got an email back saying that the food choices were off the old menu and not available anymore, we need to choose from the new £15 per person more expensive menu. Now all the way through the process even at the wedding tasting in September we were made aware of the new menu but repeatedly told that they would honour the 2013 menu we had originally been given and done food tasting from the 2013 menu.

After a few heated email exchanges they have now said they will honour the 2013 menu but will be adding on 5% in line with inflation. This accounts for roughly £350. The contract does say they will increase food prices in line with suppliers costs if they rise. Is it worth asking for proof of these increased costs or am i being a bit whingey? I just find it staggering that 4 months before the wedding they start adding on these amounts.

That's not uncommon, when I signed my contract they included that clause but told me it was never invoked so I'm asked them to remove it which they did but I do know of other couples getting hit with an increased charge. It might be something that you just have to go along with unfortunately.

Pretty much stretched as far as i can already go, so a band is out of the equation.

Just got quoted £800 for a dj?! I was going to do a playlist myself aswell so that seems like an obscene amount of money. I was thinking £300 is probably more reasonable?

that's daft. you'd get a minor league pro dj for that.

£100-200 mix. any dj for that budget will mix your playlist for you so you get to listen to all ytour favourite tunes all night in the order you want. that's what we had at our wedding - the matfen hall resident basically mixed our favourite songs. plus we let everyone pick a song when they rsvp'd to keep everyone interested- though a few didn't make the final cut tbf.

my mate just had a playlist on his computer that he pre-mixed using a bit of software, which also worked just as well and saved the couple of hundred quid.

• 4 months later...

Had a bit of a nightmare with Close House in Heddon. Basically they've informed 3 of my guests the hotel is full (incorrectly) and my guests have had to book alternative accomodation (Hilton at airport for example).

There is currently still 10 rooms available...

I have complained that this miss information is not good enough and asked they allow my guests who have now paid non refundable rooms elsewhere to pay the difference i.e £50 to Close House for the rooms which are normally £150 since they have paid £100 elsewhere. They are refusing to budge and its really pissing me off, how far would you take it or am i just being rediculous?

One of the guests is my usher for the wedding and It would of been nice to have him there in the morning and that.

Baring in mind we are spending nearly 10k at Close House and our guests will be spending similar im suprised they wouldnt be more apologetic and accomodating since they have acknowledged the mistake they have made(Using the 'training need' excuse).

Is it poor form but would you let it go and just crack on or would you take it to the management? My wedding is next thursday and its pissed me off a wee bit like.

Just realised this reads like a Dear Deidre from the sun :D

You take it to the management and calmly ask him/her it he thinks your friends should be made to pay out their own pockets for their mistake.

Guest who stay will drink and eat more and purchase more extras so they will make some of the cost of their mistake that way.

Keep asking him if he thinks its fair that your guests should pay for their mistake. If he says there is nothing he can do about it, say no problem, who is your boss. Keep asking the same question, do you think that is fair. When they admit its not, you will get a deal.

He rang me back, very apologetic and unhappy with the staff. Has honoured the rooms for the price difference (£45) and a bottle of champagne for each room by way of an apology. Can't grumble!

He rang me back, very apologetic and unhappy with the staff. Has honoured the rooms for the price difference (£45) and a bottle of champagne for each room by way of an apology. Can't grumble!

Nice one, good result. All the best for the big day btw.