Weddings

Ally

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no different if you ask me. All of the jeopardy is introduced when you buy a house together, cos at that point you've guaranteed a messy breakup should it come to that.

The wedding is just the day that you seal your fate.

I've a mate who got married a month after me having only been with her two years and never lived with her before. Needless to say he thinks he made the wrong decision. I can't understand how anyone could marry without having lived with the other person for at least a year.

Haha we've already been together 10 years like and lived together for 4, so i'm not expecting any surprises. Famous last words...

We had five years together before we married. I absolutely dreaded the wedding day but once the speech was out of the way you can relax and just enjoy yourself. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the day itself as I can't be arsed with the fuss.

I enjoyed every minute myself. Even the speech didn't worry me. As long as you say you love your wife that's the only thing you have to do. Not like the Best man. I've been shitting myself when I've done that.

The lad i mentioned above didn't say he loved his wife. He said they "make a great team". It was like cringing my way through the office watching him. Don't know why he couldn't lie in the speech, he did during the vows.

I enjoyed every minute myself. Even the speech didn't worry me. As long as you say you love your wife that's the only thing you have to do. Not like the Best man. I've been shitting myself when I've done that.

The lad i mentioned above didn't say he loved his wife. He said they "make a great team". It was like cringing my way through the office watching him. Don't know why he couldn't lie in the speech, he did during the vows.

I can't remember mentioning I loved my Wife, mind. Was too busy remembering who to thank and mentioning her uncle who was supposed to give her away but died a couple of months before the wedding. Basically was trying not to fuck it up as I don't give speeches and certainly never did back then.

Edited by Howmanheyman

You can forget your wife and its adorable. People rib you about it all day because you had too many other things on your mind..... But to remember her, talk about why you're marrying her and not mention that you love her or adore her or how she makes you happier than you ever thought possible or anything complimentary, that's less endearing.

You can forget your wife and its adorable. People rib you about it all day because you had too many other things on your mind..... But to remember her, talk about why you're marrying her and not mention that you love her or adore her or how she makes you happier than you ever thought possible or anything complimentary, that's less endearing.

I can't remember much about the speech to be honest despite practicing in my head constantly whenever I had a moment to myself a few weeks beforehand. Like I said, it was a weight off once I'd stood up and said my bit. I felt a stone lighter.

I wrote mine the night before and then forgot to bring it with me in the car on the way to the reception so was desperate not to forget any of it. Think I did okay but was absolutely bricking it beforehand. The thing to remember is that the crowd are already on your side and there's a very low bar to meet for the groom's speech, unlike the best man's speech where everyone is judging you and there's a massive pressure to make them laugh.

I wrote mine the night before and then forgot to bring it with me in the car on the way to the reception so was desperate not to forget any of it. Think I did okay but was absolutely bricking it beforehand. The thing to remember is that the crowd are already on your side and there's a very low bar to meet for the groom's speech, unlike the best man's speech where everyone is judging you and there's a massive pressure to make them laugh.

My best man was at least as useless if not more so than me when it came to speeches, what was great was everyone helping and reassuring him and willing him on. It was great seeing everyone helping and wishing everyone involved well. Just a great day really despite my reservations. One of our Bridesmaids who was 13 just got married a couple of weeks ago and had her night time do at the same place we had ours which brought the memories back a bit. :)

Aye I've done best man speeches before like, doesn't bother me talking in front of people. I have been informed by the bride to be it isn't to be funny and has to be heart felt. So naturally I've started off with a terrible gag. Definitely going to be in the bad books

• 2 months later...

Mate of mine and fellow Newcastle ST holder was best man at a wedding at the Stadium of Light and the happy couple gave him a framed signed picture of the Sunderland squad.

The groom got all offended when he rang the day after and my mate told him he'd just left it at the ground.

What did he expect this piss-taking bellend?

I'm getting married in just over two months and was wondering what gifts people got for the bridesmaids, best man etc?

Cufflinks for the boys and bottles of vodka for the bridesmaids.

My bridesmaids were classy birds :D

Mate of mine and fellow Newcastle ST holder was best man at a wedding at the Stadium of Light and the happy couple gave him a framed signed picture of the Sunderland squad.

The groom got all offended when he rang the day after and my mate told him he'd just left it at the ground.

What did he expect this piss-taking bellend?

That is a classic mackem wanker move. "Ere mayut, look worrav got yer hahaha"