Toon Army in North America

ToonArmyMIA

I'm posted a similar thread over at newcastle-online to connect NUFC fans in the USA for 2 reasons:

1. For NUFC fans in USA/Canada to connect and meetup for games

2. For anyone coming to visit from the UK and want to catch with NUFC fans in USA/Canada

In New York we started the Toon Army NYC years ago and have a good crowd and regular visitors. Website is www.toonarmynyc.com and we watch the games in Legends bar (not Nevada Smiths anymore)

In Miami (where I am now), we've started a group and meet in Fados in Brickell (downtown). On twitter I'm @toonarmymia if anyone wants to get in touch

If you're in the USA post your location etc in this thread or if you're planning to visit, we can probably hook you up with a group of Mags in most cities in the USA

Also, these lads are putting together full up-to-date list of places to watch in USA:

http://www.newcastleunited.us/2011/02/toon...ans-gather.html

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw us get demolished by Liverpool at Nevada Smiths in New York in 2007. I think the NYC Mags have moved to a different pub now though.

Ps. You're a bastard for living in Miami

He's just mentioned they have :lol: It's either planned ignorance, or you don't read people's posts because of arrogance/can't be arsed?

I love how the simplest of mistakes on here rile so many people. Well actually it's the same 3 or 4 it riles but still. :lol: I skim read the post and missed that bit, not sure why that comes down to arrogance or ignorance?

Good work dude. I'm sure there's a fair few Americans on Herr.

Would be funny to hear new workers shouting way the screen.

"Come ohwan ahmeyobee"

I'll let you step in here Stevie, ignorance or arrogance? Your choice!

I love how the simplest of mistakes on here rile so many people. Well actually it's the same 3 or 4 it riles but still. :lol: I skim read the post and missed that bit, not sure why that comes down to arrogance or ignorance?

They don't rile me at all they just make you look like a mug. If you're going to post in a thread, at least have the decency to read what the person has written in the preceding threads. You did it yesterday, after that link someone posted about Zidane, you posted the same one, clearly not having read the previous page or doing it deliberately as someone posted it 6 posts earlier.

"Come ohwan ahmeyobee"

They're just typing errors though, and if they're not I'm all for taking the piss out of yanks.

They don't rile me at all they just make you look like a mug. If you're going to post in a thread, at least have the decency to read what the person has written in the preceding threads. You did it yesterday, after that link someone posted about Zidane, you posted the same one, clearly not having read the previous page or doing it deliberately as someone posted it 6 posts earlier.

"Come ohwan ahmeyobee"

They're just typing errors though, and if they're not I'm all for taking the piss out of yanks.

Youre going to die a young man Stevie if you dont chill oot

"Come ohwan ahmeyobee"

Eh? I'm chilled, I'm just pointing out how ignoring people's posts and reposting the same thing they just have comes across on here. Whether you want to take that advice is up to you.

"Come ohwan ahmeyobee"

Eh? I'm chilled, I'm just pointing out how ignoring people's posts and reposting the same thing they just have comes across on here. Whether you want to take that advice is up to you.

Im pretty sure 95% of people would just see it as an honest mistake and move on without a seconds thought. At least that would be the normal reaction.

"Come ohwan ahmeyobee"

Im pretty sure 95% of people would just see it as an honest mistake and move on without a seconds thought. At least that would be the normal reaction.

It's a regular occurence though, I'm just saying it with your best interests at heart to help you as you seem to care how you're perceived on here. Anyway, pipe down a bit, I've got some work to do.

"Come ohwan ahmeyobee"

It's a regular occurence though, I'm just saying it with your best interests at heart to help you as you seem to care how you're perceived on here. Anyway, pipe down a bit, I've got some work to do.

:icon_lol:

"Come ohwan ahmeyobee"

:lol:

:icon_lol:

Im in Montreal at the moment, but will be back in NY starting April 28th for the whole summer. Will probably try and get to Legends to catch a game or two -- do they allow U21s in? I'm not quite legal drinking age yet :lol:

Im in Montreal at the moment, but will be back in NY starting April 28th for the whole summer. Will probably try and get to Legends to catch a game or two -- do they allow U21s in? I'm not quite legal drinking age yet :icon_lol:

Thought the plan was just to walk in and play it cool.... :lol:

Nothing like a cold one at 10am.

Im in Montreal at the moment, but will be back in NY starting April 28th for the whole summer. Will probably try and get to Legends to catch a game or two -- do they allow U21s in? I'm not quite legal drinking age yet :icon_lol:

Thought the plan was just to walk in and play it cool.... :lol:

Nothing like a cold one at 10am.

Have you ever done a Rocky up them stairs, jumping about at the top. Apart from Las Vegas it is the ONLY reason I'd ever want to visit America?

Nevada Smiths is a class place, that's where I go to watch. Plenty of plastics though, best to go only when games like NUFC v. Wigan and Wolves v. West Ham are on as you're more likely to encounter people (Americans or expats) whose crack is halfway decent. Stay away when Man U, Tottenham, Chelsea or Liverpool are on.