Newcastle Finances in the Championship

Christmas Tree

Why do we have to keep harking back to Shepherd anyway? It's ancient history. It's like debating whether John Major was a good prime minister, who cares?

:lol:

History has nothing to teach us.

I sense a certain irony in your reply ;)

History has to be relevant and interesting. Recycling old opinions ad nauseam about the ancien regime is neither imo.

It just sounded like something Homer would say and it tickled me. :mellow:

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardew Babble

Pardew said: "We have made that statement pretty clear at the beginning of the week, that the investment is going in now in terms of budgets to try to scout players and make sure we try to cover all the angles and bring in the correct players for Newcastle United.

I think this is pretty clear indication (not that we needed didn't know already), that the Carroll money isn't just going onto transfers, but on wages and probably some other places where it really doesnt need to go

Rapedoo's got fuck all to do with player transfers I reckon, he just tries to give the impression he has a say in it. He probably writes down his "targets" on a piece of paper and pushes them under Llambias' door a la Dave Bassett.

"I guarantee Carroll is not for sale... that the £35 mill will be reinvested in transfers only... that the £35 mill will go on transfers and wages only... that the £35 mill might go on transfers, but will definitely go on wages, scouting, relaying the pitch, Mike's pie fund, etc, etc"

By the time the transfer window opens we'll be getting,

"I guarantee we sold Andy Carroll."

Rapedoo must feel really undermined and emasculated by Ashley and Lambias; he'll probably take it out on Shola's wife. I hope some of the £35 mill goes on a rape alarm for her, because she'll need it come June.

"I guarantee Carroll is not for sale... that the £35 mill will be reinvested in transfers only... that the £35 mill will go on transfers and wages only... that the £35 mill might go on transfers, but will definitely go on wages, scouting, relaying the pitch, Mike's pie fund, etc, etc"

Rapedoo must feel really undermined and emasculated by Ashley and Lambias; he'll probably take it out on Shola's wife. I hope some of the £35 mill goes on a rape alarm for her, because she'll need it come June.

Rapedoo ! :lol:

"Mike Ashley didn't take a penny of the money from the sale of Andy Carroll out of the football club, is has been pumped into keeping the club afloat. Without the sale of Andy Carroll Newcastle United would not be here today, its as simple as that. We have learned from our mistakes, our vision for the next 5 years is blah blah blah..."

"Enrique is not going anywhere."

"Once Jose handed in a transfer request the club had no option but to let him go. I can assure supporters that every penny will go straight back into the team."

This message board is becoming very fucking boring.

you're entertaining as fuck too aren't you ?

He is actually. Good crack on this board. I probably wouldnt like him in real life as he has ginger knackers though.... :razz:

A man with taste. No ginger pyebs here either.

Correct.

but way behind me

I would doubt that, you live in the past.

Correct.

but way behind me

I would doubt that, you live in the past.

I thought you weren't going to reply to me ? Oh , wait you haven't, what a surprise.

Maybe its best if you don't, there is a post just further up the page by UV instead, laced with irony, especially for people like you.

I thought you weren't going to reply to me ? Oh , wait you haven't, what a surprise.

Maybe its best if you don't, there is a post just further up the page by UV instead, laced with irony, especially for people like you.

I wonder where U V thinks the money could come from, maybe he'll answer the question.

I wonder where U V thinks the money could come from, maybe he'll answer the question.

I'm too busy with the conundrum of where the money we used to generate with a terrible chairman has gone such that now we're run by such a great businessman we managed to double the club debt in 3 years even though TV revenues shot up when he bought the club and we've made £50m+ profit on selling players.

It's completely bizarre and unexplainable how revenues have dropped when everyone can see how well Mike is doing by putting the best possible people in charge, selling players and cutting costs.

I'm too busy with the conundrum of where the money we used to generate with a terrible chairman has gone such that now we're run by such a great businessman we managed to double the club debt in 3 years even though TV revenues shot up when he bought the club and we've made £50m+ profit on selling players.

It's completely bizarre and unexplainable how revenues have dropped when everyone can see how well Mike is doing by putting the best possible people in charge, selling players and cutting costs.

I wonder if Toonpack, or his chums on skunkers, can shed any light on this mystery ?

Aren't you going to reply to him then ?

Edited by LeazesMag

I wonder if Toonpack, or his chums on skunkers, can shed any light on this mystery ?

What's the point when as soon as someone with half a brain actual produces an analysis of the figures they are dismissed with insults and any half-baked opinions like this with no back up are quoted by you here and on Skunkers.

Doesn't matter what the subject, actual facts are ridiculed under the guise of "but we were in Europe" as if that's some kind of ultimate joker which trumps anything.

For starters this lad can either break down his "50m profit" (which I guess includes Carroll which has no bearing on current financial figures) or we could try some actual facts or questions you can't answer like how would Shepherd have refinanced loans since the credit crunch.

What's the point when as soon as someone with half a brain actual produces an analysis of the figures they are dismissed with insults and any half-baked opinions like this with no back up are quoted by you here and on Skunkers.

Doesn't matter what the subject, actual facts are ridiculed under the guise of "but we were in Europe" as if that's some kind of ultimate joker which trumps anything.

For starters this lad can either break down his "50m profit" (which I guess includes Carroll which has no bearing on current financial figures) or we could try some actual facts or questions you can't answer like how would Shepherd have refinanced loans since the credit crunch.

He'd have backed his manager like all good chairmen do. I know it's hard for you and your lefty do-gooder liberal chums to understand but if you're happy to be outbid by the Stokes and Wigans of this world, be my guest :razz:

Well, where do I start. Surely anyone with half a brain can improve on the revenues made by the club when they were run by such a hopeless chairman ? Surely anyone with half a brain can see the sheer simplicity of this point of view ? As our esteemed financial wizard, better than the hopeless ex owner obviously, has cut costs, contracts, and sold players, how has the debt doubled and whatever happened to the revenue levels ?

I don't get your post, UV's point is obvious. I wait for Toonpack to reply, as he always does :razz:

Edit. Insulting people on skunkers ? You don't say. Shocking. I hope it doesn't severly impact their psychological development or something.

Edited by LeazesMag

Okay you're Shepherd at the end of 2008 speaking to the bank manager

BM: Your cash flow is shot - what's you plan?

FS/LM: Increase revenues

BM: How?

FS/LM: I'd take future sponsorship and spend it up front

BM: You've done that already, you cant do it again.

FS:/LM I'd increase the cost of season tickets

BM: You've already squeezed them enough, they won't pay much more

FS/LM: I'd finance some new new players to increase revenues.

BM: We can't lend you any money - how the fuck are you going to pay for them?

FS/LM: I'd increase revenues

etc. etc.

etc. etc.

Poor.

The POINT is that Mike Ashley has presided over a club which has cut costs, sold players, players contracts, staff cuts....show me where either myself or UV in this instance has mentioned an INCREASE in revenues, the point is that they have FALLEN. Therefore, all he had to do was retain the old revenues and the "debts" would be decreased, but they have actually increased. How can this be ?

As said, how come anybody with half a brain can't do any better than his hopeless predecessor he's replaced, especially when he is paid a lot of money to do it ?

Perhaps Mike and Dekka should ring their predecessor for some tips and ask him how he did it :razz:

etc. etc.

Poor.

The POINT is that Mike Ashley has presided over a club which has cut costs, sold players, players contracts, staff cuts....show me where either myself or UV in this instance has mentioned an INCREASE in revenues, the point is that they have FALLEN. Therefore, all he had to do was retain the old revenues and the "debts" would be decreased, but they have actually increased. How can this be ?

As said, how come anybody with half a brain can't do any better than his hopeless predecessor he's replaced, especially when he is paid a lot of money to do it ?

Perhaps Mike and Dekka should ring their predecessor for some tips and ask him how he did it :razz:

HF proved to you the revenues fell under Shepherd and rebounded just as they have under Ashley - you ignored it - see my comment about facts being ignored.

The debts mainly have increased because of the absolute cunt's trick of having a clause that insisted on paying off the mortgage on ownership transfer - do you have an opinion on how anyone who gives the slightest fuck about NUFC could put such a clause in knowing full well it would fuck any new owner?

How would Shepherd have refinanced loans in the crunch?

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2006-2011.html

The 5 years shown include an £8m spend in 06-07.

Assuming no more debt was built up only £25m of the debt (ie only the footballing part of the debt, not the part which was wasted away on increasing the stadium capacity) would have needed to be refinanced during the credit crunch. That is unless the already agreed refinancing package which was cancelled when Ashley bought the club didn't cover that anyway.

That's less than the debts of the majority of the rest of the clubs in the league, some with only half our revenue at the time. As most of them survived, I would think we could have found some finance from somewhere. If not, and if desperate, we could always have followed the Ashley route of selling our best players to old rivals (though hopefully without employing some of the people he has entrusted with the running of the club it would not have had quite such dire consequences).

etc. etc.

Poor.

HF proved to you the revenues fell under Shepherd and rebounded just as they have under Ashley - you ignored it - see my comment about facts being ignored.

The debts mainly have increased because of the absolute cunt's trick of having a clause that insisted on paying off the mortgage on ownership transfer - do you have an opinion on how anyone who gives the slightest fuck about NUFC could put such a clause in knowing full well it would fuck any new owner?

How would Shepherd have refinanced loans in the crunch?

why not ask Toonpack, yourself and many others on skunkers, how such a shit chairman cannot be immediately bettered by a financial whizz kid, which after all, is what they all maintained would happen ?

My POINT, is that ambitions and targets have changed......admitted this week by our whizz kids right hand man......think about it and spot the link.

This is why the club is in decline, not a temporary blip on the pitch, which can be corrected and was after the first couple of years of Bobby Robsons time as manager. Of course, in your little world, following the Mike Ashley blueprint, we would have sold Shearer and Rob Lee for instance instead of buying Bellamy and Robert to keep the books in order.

Ref your point about a clause in paying off the mortgage, do you seriously think Mike Ashley is going to sell this club and write off the "loans" that he has supposedly "paid off the debts" with ? I don't know what "cunt" would have insisted tbh, do you ? Are you daft enough to think they just thought of it without speaking to financial people ? I know you live in an idealistic dreamworld, and resent anybody making money, but this is getting ridiculous.

At the end of the day, these accounts are poor accounts, he has had 4 years to do better than his "hopeless" predecessor, and hasn't managed anything like it, and to make it even worse, we are nowhere near qualifying for europe etc on the pitch, while our best players want to leave, and we may be relegated for the 2nd time in 3 years. He's doing just great, this Mike Ashley bloke isn't he.

etc. etc.

In 06-07, I can't remember the exact number, but the cash flow loss was < £10m

In 07-08 Premiership TV revenue went up by £18m