Newcastle Finances in the Championship

Christmas Tree

I meant you.

Where do you think this club will be in 5 years time if Mike Ashley is still in charge ?

PS remember he's had 4 years of his "plan" already

We are in a better position NOW than we were in 2007

Please tell me where you think we'd be NOW if we hadn't been taken over by a very rich bastard.

I have answered every question asked, worthy of comment, with facts (from multiple sources), not doing it any more until you start to do the same.

I've answered every question worthy of comment too, but sadly you have not.

We would NOT have been relegated, and we would NOT be issuing statements that our aim was 10th in the premiership, nor privately harbouring such lowered ambitions. We would NOT have sold Andy Carroll, and we WOULD have higher revenues.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't define what they are and how much they raise then stop using it as an arguing point.

You have repeatedly said Shepherd maximised revenues - either put up or shut up - its that simple.

If he was doing 10 things that Ashley isnt which amount to more than £5m then I will gladly apologise and concede the point. If you name some things which make a difference of £97 then I'll feel free to tell you where to go.

I'll give you one simple one, he wouldnt have stood by and allowed us to get relegated as Ashley did so there you go £60m.

I have no actual figures so I could argue it was 5m plus and you could argue its a tenner however under FS we were moving into the Asian market and creating deals and tie ins with Australasia and the likes. All of which work towards increasing awareness of the brand and the subsequent sales of merchandising that goes with it. Man United do it so well and Im farily sure that a few years ago we were in the top 3 or 4 of recognised names when it came to these markets.

You cant go into a public square in Japan without seeing a Man U top and this is one of the things that Shepherd was working on.

Another simple proof of it is in the richest clubs list, where are we in that now?

2007 - 13th $260m

2008 - 16th $300m

2009 - 19th $285m

2010 - 20th $198m

So since the end of Shepherd (which would be the 2008 figures) we've dropped 4 places and $102m

Man U meanwhile have stayed top and upped their worth by a further $35m.

If you can't define what they are and how much they raise then stop using it as an arguing point.

You have repeatedly said Shepherd maximised revenues - either put up or shut up - its that simple.

If he was doing 10 things that Ashley isnt which amount to more than £5m then I will gladly apologise and concede the point. If you name some things which make a difference of £97 then I'll feel free to tell you where to go.

don't be stupid, thats like saying don't criticise Ameobi for not scoring enough goals when you yourself haven't played premiership football ?

What a div.

Well stop using it as an arguing point then.

More finance savvy people than you are I have posted in this thread on both "sides" but you keep cherry picking phrases that "make your point". Its obvious you don't understand what they mean as HF's posts regarding turnover and revenues which gennerally prove that have been completely ignored.

So if you say Shephed ran the club from a financial point of view better than Ashley either put up or shut up. Others who think he did have posted and made good points which I accept. You haven't.

The FACT is that the club has gone down the football rich list, and its a FACT that they now harbour lower expectations.

Its also a FACT that many people said that "anybody would be better than Fred", its now a FACT that this has not proved to be the case, so shut the fuck up yourself unless you can disprove all of the above, especially now he is 4 years into his "plan" [whatever the "plan" was]

I'll give you one simple one, he wouldnt have stood by and allowed us to get relegated as Ashley did so there you go £60m.

I have no actual figures so I could argue it was 5m plus and you could argue its a tenner however under FS we were moving into the Asian market and creating deals and tie ins with Australasia and the likes. All of which work towards increasing awareness of the brand and the subsequent sales of merchandising that goes with it. Man United do it so well and Im farily sure that a few years ago we were in the top 3 or 4 of recognised names when it came to these markets.

You cant go into a public square in Japan without seeing a Man U top and this is one of the things that Shepherd was working on.

Another simple proof of it is in the richest clubs list, where are we in that now?

2007 - 13th $260m

2008 - 16th $300m

2009 - 19th $285m

2010 - 20th $198m

So since the end of Shepherd (which would be the 2008 figures) we've dropped 4 places and $102m

I accept relegation - though Shepherd appointed a manager who I think would have relegated us in 2007-2008 - probable money in January or not.

The Asian thing is pretty much a non-starter for me - There's no way we would have got anything off the ground to a significant level against Man U and Liverpool in Asia - I'd say peanuts.

I don't know the basis of the the rich list but a. I'd assume relegation was a factor which as I said I accepts and b. in absoute terms by that list we were worth more in 2008 - a year after the sale.

and we WOULD have higher revenues.

From what source?

ask Mike Ashley, he's the expert who would automatically do better than Fred. He's the person who has made the decisions which have led to it, so ask him what decisions he made ?

You made the statement, its up to you to justify it.

From what source?

ask Mike Ashley, he's the expert who would automatically do better than Fred. He's the person who has made the decisions which have led to it, so ask him what decisions he made ?

Great answer, well that's me convinced :lol:

Edited by Toonpack

don't be stupid, thats like saying don't criticise Ameobi for not scoring enough goals when you yourself haven't played premiership football ?

What a div.

More finance savvy people than you are I have posted in this thread on both "sides" but you keep cherry picking phrases that "make your point". Its obvious you don't understand what they mean as HF's posts regarding turnover and revenues which gennerally prove that have been completely ignored.

So if you say Shephed ran the club from a financial point of view better than Ashley either put up or shut up. Others who think he did have posted and made good points which I accept. You haven't.

The FACT is that the club has gone down the football rich list, and its a FACT that they now harbour lower expectations.

Its also a FACT that many people said that "anybody would be better than Fred", its now a FACT that this has not proved to be the case, so shut the fuck up yourself unless you can disprove all of the above, especially now he is 4 years into his "plan" [whatever the "plan" was]

Explain the basis of the rich list if its so important.

You keep forgetting btw - I hate Ashley more than I hate Shepherd - I just don't revere the latter either.

2007 - 13th $260m

2008 - 16th $300m

2009 - 19th $285m

2010 - 20th $198m

That's a ridiculous comparison to make. For a start, the Asian market was hardly some genius idea that FS came up with, everyone knew it was an expanding market. You can try all the PR shite you want out there but the fact is that 95% of Asian fans will choose a team to support based on success on the pitch. We were out of the CL a few years before FS sold up and therefore weren't of any interest to those in the Asian market.

Also, the Rich List is a misnomer, it is based on income rather while ignoring outgoings, no one should take it too seriously.

I've searched for that (as well as "couldn't be worse"*) and nobody's said it in the history of this forum in relation to Ashley.

Would love you to quote some people.

*Jimbo said Xisco couldn't be worse than Carroll in January 2009 :lol: No-one disagreed tbf.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...39%3Bt+be+worse

2007 - 13th $260m

2008 - 16th $300m

2009 - 19th $285m

2010 - 20th $198m

That's a ridiculous comparison to make. For a start, the Asian market was hardly some genius idea that FS came up with, everyone knew it was an expanding market. You can try all the PR shite you want out there but the fact is that 95% of Asian fans will choose a team to support based on success on the pitch. We were out of the CL a few years before FS sold up and therefore weren't of any interest to those in the Asian market.

Also, the Rich List is a misnomer, it is based on income rather while ignoring outgoings, no one should take it too seriously.

fuck off man :lol:

so the Forbes rich list is bollocks is it? so a reduction of $102m by whatever means isnt a sign that things arent good?

From what source?

Great answer, well that's me convinced :icon_lol:

otherwise we would go bust.

Doh.

:lol:

2007 - 13th $260m

2008 - 16th $300m

2009 - 19th $285m

2010 - 20th $198m

fuck off man :lol:

so the Forbes rich list is bollocks is it? so a reduction of $102m by whatever means isnt a sign that things arent good?

Of course it isn't good but it's only half the story.

I just can't buy anyone using the Rich List to defend Shepherd.

What a div.

Explain the basis of the rich list if its so important.

You keep forgetting btw - I hate Ashley more than I hate Shepherd - I just don't revere the latter either.

:lol:

you're making yourself look stupid man, "revere" hoho.........I "revere" champions league football and a club that tries to give it to us as much as possible, and buys the quality players to aim for it ? Don't you ?

Why not explain how Mike Ashleys cost cutting, and selling our best players, will ever get us back into the top spots [and don't bother quoting Chelsea and ManCity I'm not talking about Chelsea and Man City as I've said on numerous occasions]. Neither you or Toonpack will do this. Either do that or shut up and admit you think we are no bigger than the likes of Stoke City and Bolton ?

Mike Ashley is doing to us what Alan Sugar did to Spurs. He "ran the club according to their means", and they were miles behind what we were at the time. You should wake up, and so should others. The club is in decline, it has admitted its sights have been lowered, and everybody in the game knows we are a selling club again.

You might accept inferiority to clubs we should be aspiring to get back above [which we were above under the owners you loath], but not all of us do.

Edited by LeazesMag

you're making yourself look stupid man, "revere" hoho.........I "revere" champions league football and a club that tries to give it to us as much as possible, and buys the quality players to aim for it ? Don't you ?

Where'd the money come from to do this Leazesmug

Sir John Hall June 2009:

"When I first came into the club, I knew nothing about running a football club, but luckily we found Freddie Fletcher, who had huge experience of the business from his time at Glasgow Rangers.

"He guided us through the minefield, so we did not make the type of mistakes Ashley has made. Sadly, I don't think Ashley has been able to call on that type of advice.

"What you also have to acknowledge, though, is that Newcastle's decline had begun before Ashley arrived at the club.

"Some of our managers have been disasters and ruined the club long before he came in."

Ashley still needs a Freddie Fletcher now, this turning off light switches and escalators is light years away from what the club should be doing. So is sticking Sports Direct logos all over the place that’ll supposedly tempt someone in the future to do the same and possibly pay big money. That mind set is setting the club further and further away from being competitive.

If we couldn’t quite afford to pay football’s top paid players we had a few seasons ago, we now can’t afford to keep players earning (circa) 40% less than then and in a smaller squad. — Says it all to me when you consider TV revenues have increased significantly.

Where'd the money come from to do this Leazesmug

hoho, skunkers wit. How absolutely hilarious, Andy Pandy's got nowt on you. :lol: Great answer, typical of skunkers. It's obvious nobody is missing anything by not looking over there. :icon_lol:

Why don't you answer my previous question ? Where will we be in 5 years time, that would be 9 years of Mike Ashley ?

Why don't you tell us if you still go to games or not ? Why don't you tell us that you have stopped going now that we aren't so attractive a proposition that we were a short while ago ? You're a hypocrite man.

this thread was once a place for facts and decent arguments - then LM found it.......................

ah, pining for the good old days of McKeag etc are we ?

It never happened, it wasn't fact, it was all just a dream, like somebody shot JR, instead nobody shot McKeag and he is back again to haunt us all.

I loathed McKeag and his creatures as you well know

but this was a reasoned discussion on FINANCE - not a popularity contest between the various owners we've had (who have varied from the just about passable to the execrable in my 50 odd years watching them)

hoho, skunkers wit. How absolutely hilarious, Andy Pandy's got nowt on you. :lol: Great answer, typical of skunkers. It's obvious nobody is missing anything by not looking over there. :icon_lol:

Why don't you answer my previous question ? Where will we be in 5 years time, that would be 9 years of Mike Ashley ?

Why don't you tell us if you still go to games or not ? Why don't you tell us that you have stopped going now that we aren't so attractive a proposition that we were a short while ago ? You're a hypocrite man.

Flim flam

I said it's your turn.

I've stated with, supporting information, that I don't think the money could be had. You seem to believe it could.

So please enlighten us, where'd the money come from Leazesmug, and please back it up with some supporting information.

Guest Your Name Here

Business For Sale

Established Premier League football club with modern stadium and large customer base. Comes complete with overpaid employees, large debts and serious cash flow problems. Selling because £110m is needed to fend off bankruptcy and the banks aren’t lending due to the credit crunch. Offers in the region of £135m.

this thread was once a place for facts and decent arguments - then LM found it.......................

ah, pining for the good old days of McKeag etc are we ?

It never happened, it wasn't fact, it was all just a dream, like somebody shot JR, instead nobody shot McKeag and he is back again to haunt us all.

LeazesMag 95

NJS 35

Toonpack 30

AshleysSkidMark 26

McFaul 24

For someone who doesn't give a shit whether or not the books are balanced he does talk about it an awful lot.

Business For Sale

Established Premier League football club with modern stadium and large customer base. Comes complete with overpaid employees, large debts and serious cash flow problems. Selling because £110m is needed to fend off bankruptcy and the banks aren’t lending due to the credit crunch. Offers in the region of £135m.

It's a better ad than Ashleys tbf.

"Paypal £350m to Derek.llambias@nufc.co.uk" was never gonna work was it.

Flim flam

I said it's your turn.

I've stated with, supporting information, that I don't think the money could be had. You seem to believe it could.

So please enlighten us, where'd the money come from Leazesmug, and please back it up with some supporting information.

Tell you what, I'll lower myself down to the skunkers-type levels and call you "Toonspac". Great eh. :icon_lol:

Put up an answer, where is this club going in the long run as you approve of all these changes ?

Then tell us if you still go to games, and then tell us when you stopped and why ?

Fucking hypocrite, just like the bellends you read on skunkers.