Someone at NUFC has no heart

orioncards

A lot of you will be aware of little Jack Marshall from twitter. He is a 5yr old boy fighting cancer and a brain tumour. He loves football. I have been following him on twitter for a while now, and the other day someone came up with the great idea that football fans should take banners to the match to get Jack noticed. The Wolves fans made him a great banner and put it up at the match but sadly it was taken down by NUFC staff.

I have since found out that the Wolves fans actually got their club to officially contact NUFC earlier in the week to get formal permission to let them display Jacks Banner, as they hoped they would be allowed to drop the banner off well before kick off so that the NUFC officials could position the banner at pitch-side. Newcastle responded with the disgusting comment that the game was a sell out and there was no where for the banner to go!

The Wolves fans took the banner anyways and it looked amazing before it was forced down. I am personally disgusted at NUFC with regard to all of this. It was only a small banner for a brave little boy and sometimes there are more important things than football. The Wolves fans only aim was for Jack and his family to see it. The guy who put it up was treated appallingly by the match day stewards.

Just the opposite of NUFC, Wolves have been fully supportive of the banner and are ensuring it will be in prime position for the next home game. It makes be sad and disappointed that our club can be so heartless over this.

Edited by orioncards

So basically we told them they couldn't bring it - they brought it anyway - and not surprisingly it was took down. As much as we should have let them have it up in the first place you can't blame the staff too much for simply doing their job in taking it down. Additional to this it's not surprising the club are harsh on banners after the ''Mike Ashley is a rapist'' banner.

So basically we told them they couldn't bring it - they brought it anyway - and not surprisingly it was took down. As much as we should have let them have it up in the first place you can't blame the staff too much for simply doing their job in taking it down. Additional to this it's not surprising the club are harsh on banners after the ''Mike Ashley is a rapist'' banner.

Yes the stewards were just doing their jobs but for NUFC to actually refuse to allow the banner to be shown anywhere is disgusting! The difference being this banner was for a very sick little boy. And it would not of hurt someone at NUFC to use some common sense and accommodate the banner somewhere in the stadium. There was banners at loads of football grounds and Preston North End even put up a display on the big screen.

I saw the picture you put up and it was covering the "Cruise Clothing" advertising hoarding in Level 7. I will personally be boycotting Cruise Clothing, and will be imploring others to do the same.

Newcastle United is an organisation ran by robots all towing the party line. The ticket office are scum basically robotically trained to support Ashley, my conversation with them a month ago told me that. Our stewards are known nationally as cunts, and so are our OB. Mugs the lot of them, a bit of common sense would've shown that this is an incredibly positive banner, supporting awareness of the illness and supporting the young lad. Rotten to the core this club. If that was the mackems they'd have been inviting massive flags to cover seats even.

I saw the picture you put up and it was covering the "Cruise Clothing" advertising hoarding in Level 7. I will personally be boycotting Cruise Clothing, and will be imploring others to do the same.

Newcastle United is an organisation ran by robots all towing the party line. The ticket office are scum basically robotically trained to support Ashley, my conversation with them a month ago told me that. Our stewards are known nationally as cunts, and so are our OB. Mugs the lot of them, a bit of common sense would've shown that this is an incredibly positive banner, supporting awareness of the illness and supporting the young lad. Rotten to the core this club. If that was the mackems they'd have been inviting massive flags to cover seats even.

so you want to boycott Cruise Clothing who had nothing to do with taking the banner down, their advertising goes into the coffers of YOUR club, NUFC have to protect their sponsors advertising space as that’s where they get their sponsorship from.

And you want stir up a boycott of an innocent business that sponsors your club? — try upping your medication lad.

Newcastle United is an organisation ran by robots all towing the party line. The ticket office are scum basically robotically trained to support Ashley, my conversation with them a month ago told me that. Our stewards are known nationally as cunts, and so are our OB. Mugs the lot of them

Pointless and uncalled for generalisation going on there.

edit; You're seriously calling the ticket office staff scum for not going against someone who is more or less their employer? Are you on the wind-up? Do you think you'd be in a job for long if you started criticising your employer when talking to customers?

Edited by Tecato

And yeah, I'm sorry but if you're a commercial partner of the club then I can understand why you wouldn't want what you're paying for to be covered by a banner, no matter what the cause is.

I could also understand why said commercial partner could show a little sympathy by allowing it, and this is if there was nowhere for it go that didn't get in the way of anything.

I just want to make it clear I have no issue with any Newcastle United staff. I know plenty of people who work there. The issue I was trying to make was why the club as a whole could not use some common sense and allow a banner to be displayed for a very ill little boy

I just want to make it clear I have no issue with any Newcastle United staff. I know plenty of people who work there. The issue I was trying to make was why the club as a whole could not use some common sense and allow a banner to be displayed for a very ill little boy

NUFC like most clubs are involved with loads of charity requests all of the time, there’s no way they can accept them all. They’ll have a strict policy of protecting their sponsors advertising hoardings too.

Good luck to Jack and his family though.

edit: so who titled the thread “Newcastle Staff” then?

Edited by Giraffidae

Newcastle United is an organisation ran by robots all towing the party line. The ticket office are scum basically robotically trained to support Ashley, my conversation with them a month ago told me that. Our stewards are known nationally as cunts, and so are our OB. Mugs the lot of them

edit; You're seriously calling the ticket office staff scum for not going against someone who is more or less their employer? Are you on the wind-up? Do you think you'd be in a job for long if you started criticising your employer when talking to customers?

To be fair pin point the specific generalisation. To be fair you don't go to games so it's not like you'll know the specifics of all of the above. Our police are nearly all arseholes, the way they treat away fans is absolutely disgusting. Every game you see them getting chucked out for doing what most of Level 7 does without even being checked for. Standing. I've heard some horror stories from away fans about our police, and our stewards, fucking hell. A few seasons ago about 20 seats from me, I saw a steward physically assault a toon fan 25 years older than he was, built like a bouncer, most of them have shit attitudes, really shit. The ticket office towing the party line is one thing, be arrogant jumped up mugs, which I've had loads of times is quite another. I was told because we ALL misbehave in Level 7 that is a contributing factor to it disbanded. So if they can fucking generalise so can I. I'd love to know what the msbehaviour was as well.

so you want to boycott Cruise Clothing who had nothing to do with taking the banner down, their advertising goes into the coffers of YOUR club, NUFC have to protect their sponsors advertising space as that’s where they get their sponsorship from.

And you want stir up a boycott of an innocent business that sponsors your club? — try upping your medication lad.

Shut up you cheeky old mug.

One game against Wolves. Tainted by association I'm afraid, and it wasn't even covering the full ad. Their clothes are shit and pricey anyway.

Understand about not covering paid advertising up. Nothing stopping the banner being shown for a few minutes before the match on the pitchside. Yes, NUFC do alot for charity and I understand they can't except every request but it wouldn't have hurt them to allow the banner to be shown somewhere for a few minutes, plenty of other clubs did.

Understand about not covering paid advertising up. Nothing stopping the banner being shown for a few minutes before the match on the pitchside. Yes, NUFC do alot for charity and I understand they can't except every request but it wouldn't have hurt them to allow the banner to be shown somewhere for a few minutes, plenty of other clubs did.

I've seen games when there have been banners all along the top, like Liverpool with their pathetic banners, and I think the mackems did.

To be fair pin point the specific generalisation. To be fair you don't go to games so it's not like you'll know the specifics of all of the above. Our police are nearly all arseholes, the way they treat away fans is absolutely disgusting. Every game you see them getting chucked out for doing what most of Level 7 does without even being checked for. Standing. I've heard some horror stories from away fans about our police, and our stewards, fucking hell. A few seasons ago about 20 seats from me, I saw a steward physically assault a toon fan 25 years older than he was, built like a bouncer, most of them have shit attitudes, really shit. The ticket office towing the party line is one thing, be arrogant jumped up mugs, which I've had loads of times is quite another. I was told because we ALL misbehave in Level 7 that is a contributing factor to it disbanded. So if they can fucking generalise so can I. I'd love to know what the msbehaviour was as well.

Shut up you cheeky old mug.

One game against Wolves. Tainted by association I'm afraid, and it wasn't even covering the full ad. Their clothes are shit and pricey anyway.

I was being serious! try reading through your comments again.

as well as sponsoring NUFC, aren’t Cruise Clothing a NE company anyway? Regional loyalty on the wane?

Edited by Giraffidae

aas well as sponsoring NUFC, aren’t Cruise Clothing a NE company anyway? Regional loyalty on the wane?

No they're a jock company. The club authorised use of the banner then did nothing to advise them where they could put it. It shows and highlights what an absolute joke of an operation the club is off the pitch. We are a big fuckin organisation, and we couldn't organise anything, it's a shambles.

aas well as sponsoring NUFC, aren’t Cruise Clothing a NE company anyway? Regional loyalty on the wane?

No they're a jock company. The club authorised use of the banner then did nothing to advise them where they could put it. It shows and highlights what an absolute joke of an operation the club is off the pitch. We are a big fuckin organisation, and we couldn't organise anything, it's a shambles.

fair enough, but OP stated that the club had refused from the outset.

let one of these banners in and where do you stop?

You are such a nob. Respect your elders and all that, but you are a nob. I could be on here 3 more years and not find your redeeming feature. Every time you post I think why fuckin put that?

our stewards, fucking hell. A few seasons ago about 20 seats from me, I saw a steward physically assault a toon fan 25 years older than he was, built like a bouncer, most of them have shit attitudes, really shit.

A lot of them are bouncers in the toon, aren't they? That was the crack a couple of seasons ago, I remember.

Couldn't av put it better myself