Aston Villa vs Newcastle United

JimLad

ticket prices and train prices mean i'm staying away from this one. I lived in Birmingham for 6 years so normally this would be a definite. Hope we batter them, can't see it unfortunately

Tickets are still on sale so i guess a lot of people are thinking the same.

I hope there is enough people for a good away atmosphere. Im making my way up from sunny cheltenham :D

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know how much tickets are on the door, I live in Birmingham so I want to go but am also a bit short on money! Cheers <_<

£42 I think. Rip off!

See you there if you Make it!! We need all the noise we can make

I think if R Taylor is back, he'll probably get a start on he right, with Barton shifting into the middle

I think this is whats gonna happen too, I hope he might start fergie instead though.

Didn't realise that Ryan Taylor was back in contention. I think Ferguson has a bit more toe about him which will be important as they have some quick players who could leave Ryan Taylor in their wake.

Also Taylor won't be needed for his set pieces with Barton in the side. Ferguson I'd say deserves a chance more than Taylor, who when given it not so long ago blew it big time by making a ridiculous challenge.

Didn't realise that Ryan Taylor was back in contention. I think Ferguson has a bit more toe about him which will be important as they have some quick players who could leave Ryan Taylor in their wake.

Also Taylor won't be needed for his set pieces with Barton in the side. Ferguson I'd say deserves a chance more than Taylor, who when given it not so long ago blew it big time by making a ridiculous challenge.

I think he might start Taylor just to help defensively out wide, because we know Villa have dangerous wide men and I think Pardew might be wary of that. Although i would like to see Ferguson carry on in the team, he's done nowt wrong IMO but he could just be out od his depth against Downing and Young etc

I'm not looking forward to when one of their wingers gets a run on Simpson, i hate it when he comes up against pace, he just backs off and backs off until it's too late

It's frustrating when Simpson does that, his biggest weakness, hopefully something he works on and improves. Habib Beye was great for us in the same positions, Simpson's probably quicker than Beye, but Beye's anticipation and timing in making tackles was all the difference.

On Ryan Taylor being in the side to help out defending in wide areas - bad news. He's not a good defender by any stretch and is slow. Ferguson's defensive positioning was poor on a number of occassions, but that's to be expected given he's not a natural defender.

Edited by OzToonFan

It's frustrating when Simpson does that, his biggest weakness, hopefully something he works on and improves. Habib Beye was great for us in the same positions, Simpson's probably quicker than Beye, but Beye's anticipation and timing in making tackles was all the difference.

On Ryan Taylor being in the side to help out defending in wide areas - bad news. He's not a good defender by any stretch and is slow. Ferguson's defensive positioning was poor on a number of occassions, but that's to be expected given he's not a natural defender.

I know, i find meself gannin mental at him for constantly costing us goals and chances against us from backing off wingers. Beye was something else mind when he did play for us, he was quick, could read the game and had the knack of bringing out bicycle kicks for shits and giggles, i loved the guy when he did play for us, he was like what Enrique is now for us a couple seasons ago.

I know Taylor is an average player, i'm probably being generous to him calling him that, but i think it's a toss-up really between Ferguson and Taylor, I wouldn't mind either of them playing but i think Taylor might be a better option just to nullify Villa's attacking threat out wide

Aye, Ferguson is looking very promising, and has done a fairly stellar job in enriques absence - however theres been a couple of times where they've dragged him out wide and easily done him with a sneaky through ball, or simply out-paced him.

Either would be fine at this stage however, as long as we score first, and go into half time with a clean sheet to settle the nerves I reckon we'll be fine

(got the old "dominate for the first 20 minutes and score nowt, then get hit on the counter and sink - like wolves / everton yesterday" feeling about this one

with enrique, nolan and tiote all missing, we'll do well to get a point here. a lot will depend on whether the pressure villa are under will get to their players. you look at the available sides on paper and with villa being at home, they're favourites.

I think we can win today, they have some good players, it's undeniable and of course they can beat us well, particularly with the players missing. However, the one thing that is in our favour is the Aston Villa fans. Probably the shittest in British football, I wouldn't say they're the quietest, but what they are is the biggest moaners. They are a small club who sell out twice a season do they expect CL football? Fucking mugs. Their fans are so harsh on their team they're scared to play at Villa Park, I'd fancy them more to beat us at SJP than down there, the slightest mistake and they crucify the team. Cunts.

I hope we win all of our games till the end of the season obviously, however I think I'd prefer us to win this one than any other. They are horrible, non-event, fucking jealous bastards. I can't even put in to words what they were like the day we were relegated. I'll never ever forget it. Seriously if we beat the mackems last day to send them down, there's no way we'd have been harsher on the mackems than they were on us. They almost to a man celebrated like they'd won a trophy. Boring, horrible, fat ugly shit city, shit accent, robotic bastards. Mugs. I hope they are aware of how we perceive them. They might as well just top themselves the lot of them.

Yeah Enrique is back. The talk of Ferguson or Raylor is to fill the midfield void resulting from Nolan's suspension (one guess is that Barton will be moved into central midfield).

I think we can win today, they have some good players, it's undeniable and of course they can beat us well, particularly with the players missing. However, the one thing that is in our favour is the Aston Villa fans. Probably the shittest in British football, I wouldn't say they're the quietest, but what they are is the biggest moaners. They are a small club who sell out twice a season do they expect CL football? Fucking mugs. Their fans are so harsh on their team they're scared to play at Villa Park, I'd fancy them more to beat us at SJP than down there, the slightest mistake and they crucify the team. Cunts.

I hope we win all of our games till the end of the season obviously, however I think I'd prefer us to win this one than any other. They are horrible, non-event, fucking jealous bastards. I can't even put in to words what they were like the day we were relegated. I'll never ever forget it. Seriously if we beat the mackems last day to send them down, there's no way we'd have been harsher on the mackems than they were on us. They almost to a man celebrated like they'd won a trophy. Boring, horrible, fat ugly shit city, shit accent, robotic bastards. Mugs. I hope they are aware of how we perceive them. They might as well just top themselves the lot of them.

Classic stevie <_<

Classic stevie <_<

<_<

I hate them and i think the players will want to do them on their own patch. Contribute to their possible relegation.

I think we will win 2-1.

Classic stevie <_<

Apparently taken from Pardews pre-match team talk!

Love days like today. Worked the ranks til 4.30 this morning to ensure enough funds to take today off.

Just had the bairns upto Bill Quay farm to see the new piggy wiggys and lamby wammys. Off to the garden centre for a few essentials and then a nice walk down to the pub for the match.

The wifes out shopping so I'll have my three daughters with me and the little laddies on board for his first pub 4 oclock kick off.

Happy days.

The only spoiler is that Ferguson will be left out.

Think most of us would like AP to stick Jonas out right, Barton in the middle with Guthrie and Ferguson left wing. However AP has a bit of a track record of getting these things wrong.

Love days like today. Worked the ranks til 4.30 this morning to ensure enough funds to take today off.

Just had the bairns upto Bill Quay farm to see the new piggy wiggys and lamby wammys. Off to the garden centre for a few essentials and then a nice walk down to the pub for the match.

The wifes out shopping so I'll have my three daughters with me and the little laddies on board for his first pub 4 oclock kick off.

Happy days.

Think most of us would like AP to stick Jonas out right, Barton in the middle with Guthrie and Ferguson left wing. However AP has a bit of a track record of getting these things wrong.

Good day for it!

Id like us to line up like that....i think its quite likely too.

Pace on both flanks to counter their pace out wide too. See if Barton can pull the strings through the middle.

Probably will be...Jonas---Guthrie---Barton---Raylor however.

Happy days.

Barton needs to be kept on the right IMO.