Ranger to Blackpool

KeithJ

According to the newspaper, Blackpool are interested in Nile Ranger. This is a difficult one for me as this guy has a great talent about him. Shearer rated him during his short stint in charge. If anyone could judge how good a striker is then it would be him.

Problem is that his attitude has failure written all over it. It's been mentioned in the public domain. Beardsley referred in an interview to players coming in to the academy at nufc and thinking that's it! I have made it. Something tells me that Ranger is one of him.

Would I sell? No, as we don't have anyone to replace him however if we got another few strikers in then I would let him go. The lad looks set to be another talented individual being out to the scrap heap. Not for the fact he isn't talented enough but because he doesn't have the attitude to be good.

Maybe he should have a chat with Michael Richardson, see how lucky he feels then. From sparky to training with his team!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranger is a dickhead. No doubt about it.

He has a great deal of potential but you only ever hear bad things about him and the way he carries on. It's bad enough when you hear Pardew moaning about him but he gets a lot of stick in general around town. He needs to start behaving as he could be a great player with a bright future and a few million pounds in the bank or a loser with a few million pounds in the bank who didn't quite play at the level he could.

Ranger is a dickhead. No doubt about it.

He has a great deal of potential but you only ever hear bad things about him and the way he carries on. It's bad enough when you hear Pardew moaning about him but he gets a lot of stick in general around town. He needs to start behaving as he could be a great player with a bright future and a few million pounds in the bank or a loser with a few million pounds in the bank who didn't quite play at the level he could.

Sad but true, and yet another idictment of the modern game.

He needs to go on loan somewhere next season and get games.

Edited by Toonpack

If we did sell him it wouldn't be for much so keeping him has to be the best option.

A player with potential has to be worth more than £1 or £2 million in the bank.

He needs to start scoring though.

yes, I mean't keep him because there is something about him, he needs a few goals but has potential, not because of the numbers game. It depends on himself how well he does.

This sounds a lot like the Carroll chatter when we went down.

Ranger is going to be a great player. He's already our best impact sub. I would certainly send him on loan to Blackpool as Holloway has a great ability of getting the best out of his players and will easily keep Rangers ego in check.

We need to start and get players out on loan, it seems as though Newcastle are one of the few teams apart from the last few months to be scared to let their players out on loan, which annoys me, why have them sitting in the reserves instead of getting games at a decent level in the Championship/League 1

Ben Arfa's an attacking midfielder/Winger not a striker, and we should let Ranger out on loan, let Lovenkrands go and get 2 strikers in and keep Best and Shola as 3rd and 4th strikers

I agree with the 'loan' sentiment. Losing him permanently would be a mistake considering how thin our squad is right now (and god knows what it will look like after the summer) get him out to sharpen up a bit and see whether he has the potential we are all hoping he does.

Ben Arfa may not be a recognised striker but for me has all the qualities to be a quality striker. Pace, trickery, selfishness and a good finisher.

He probably will be best behind one or two strikers however.

We wont see him behind two though for sure. Unless we play 433.

I would like to see 433 though.

---Harper---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique

Barton---Tiote---Nolan

Jonas----------New Striker---------Ben Arfa

In affect would be a 451 when we dont have the ball.

I wouldnt be bothered if we sold Ranger but i think a loan is best to see if he progresses.

Edited by Tioté's Nutz