Ranger to Blackpool

KeithJ

Rather than sell him i'd have him out on loan for a full season in the championship, see at the end of that if he's worth keeping or not, because he needs to learn to use his brain, get some composure and confidence when shooting, coming on as a sub and getting a very occasional full match we'll never see if he's any good or not.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id say sell but we're already light of strikers and can't see us getting enough bodies to let him go without relying on another kuqi type panic buy to make up the numbers.

I remember hearing that Ranger was very nearly loaned to Blyth 2 seasons ago. Now that would be nice to see, I think he's got a lot of talent and it really is crazy to judge him on what has been seen of him in the 1st team so far.

Go on fat Mike, loan him to Blyth!

I remember hearing that Ranger was very nearly loaned to Blyth 2 seasons ago. Now that would be nice to see, I think he's got a lot of talent and it really is crazy to judge him on what has been seen of him in the 1st team so far.

Go on fat Mike, loan him to Blyth!

Actually wouldnt do him any good tbh. Mite as well play in the reserves.

Who knows it may actually help him, if his attitude is a problem a few trips to conference North grounds might wake him up to what he's in for if he doesn't apply himself.

However I honestly think he'll make the grade in the premiership or there abouts, but inevitably once he's sold/released.

I love the all or nothing approach - he's either the next big thing or utter shite depending on his last performance.

Every fringe striker is going to struggle when thrown into a threadbare team where the midfield are creating nowt. We need to send him on loan next season so has a chance of getting match fit and finding his shooting boots, then we can decide whether he'll make the grade or not.

I love the all or nothing approach - he's either the next big thing or utter shite depending on his last performance.

Every fringe striker is going to struggle when thrown into a threadbare team where the midfield are creating nowt. We need to send him on loan next season so has a chance of getting match fit and finding his shooting boots, then we can decide whether he'll make the grade or not.

It's a cutthroat business, performances dictate actions.

Then why the fuck are we still paying Alan Smith a wage? <_<

Then why the fuck are we still paying Alan Smith a wage? <_<

Cos he tried, unlike they lazy twat Ranger who obviously thinks he has made it when he clearly hasn't

Harsh on here. Really harsh.

I personally thought he was a real handful in the first half. He couldn't hold the ball the up the second 1/2, granted.

My only problem with him at the moment his is woeful technique when finishing.

I personally thought he was a real handful in the first half. He couldn't hold the ball the up the second 1/2, granted.

Yup

to be brutally honest i'd rather have him on than shola, i'd rather be infuriated by someone getting into positions and just not having the confidence to finish them than be annoyed by someone who just doesn't bother doing anything.

Shola is more of an asset than Ranger, he's stronger, he's better in the air, he's got a better touch and he's got better positional sense. As painful as it is to say it we actually miss Shola when he isn't playing, we're lacking any sort of presence up front with Ranger and Lovenkrands together.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Yup

to be brutally honest i'd rather have him on than shola, i'd rather be infuriated by someone getting into positions and just not having the confidence to finish them than be annoyed by someone who just doesn't bother doing anything.

Shola is more of an asset than Ranger, he's stronger, he's better in the air, he's got a better touch and he's got better positional sense. As painful as it is to say it we actually miss Shola when he isn't playing, we're lacking any sort of presence up front with Ranger and Lovenkrands together.

true that. we had zero presence in the air and no one capable of holding it up. for all shola's faults, he can do both of those things.

Fwiw when Shola's fit I'd far rather him play than Ranger, as shite as Shola is he can score (no matter how rarely) whereas Ranger has missed more sitters than any striker I've seen in a while, massive difference between reserves and 1st team and atm Ranger looks a million miles away from becoming an effective top flight player (if he ever will become one). He fell on his arse on at least 3 occasions and lacked the footballing brain to pass to Lovenkrands twice.

<_< Fucking hell. Are there still people saying Ranger deserves to start ahead of Shola? Ranger needs to learn how to perform basic human movements without falling over before he can even lick the muddy soles of Shola's boots.

2009-current: total appearances/goals

----------Appearances---Goals

Ameobi-------45-----------19

Ranger-------54------------3

Aye, Shola should definitely be starting a head of Ranger at the moment, no question. He's a more or less adequate troublesome impact sub at the moment, but not a lot more - he needs some goals.

Its not harsh on here, it's just people are now starting to realise what some have been saying over and over for the last 2 years. He is not good enough and being quick and getting past people and then falling over every single time does not mean he has talent. It is not just after one bad game, it is after numerous games with very poor finishing and a general lack of ability, mix that in with a bad attitude and a lack of effort and it is clear he will go nowhere. He is made to look slighlty better when coming on as a sub and is full of energy when everyone else is knackered but for all his endeavours he has produced nothing with countless empty nets and one on one opportunities squandered. Even a reasonable future squad player would have produced more from the game time than he has so far. He had some opportunities in the championship last year and did nothing and he has shown no extra promise since then, in fact, he looks like he is going backwards.

Add all of the above to the fact that eveyone at the club seems to imply that he is wasting his opportunity with a lack of effort etc and i think it is time we stopped paying him more money than he could ever dream of and sling him out on his arse.

(Some of you may be able to tell from this I dont particularly rate/like the lad <_< )

Fwiw when Shola's fit I'd far rather him play than Ranger, as shite as Shola is he can score (no matter how rarely) whereas Ranger has missed more sitters than any striker I've seen in a while, massive difference between reserves and 1st team and atm Ranger looks a million miles away from becoming an effective top flight player (if he ever will become one). He fell on his arse on at least 3 occasions and lacked the footballing brain to pass to Lovenkrands twice.

that shot from outside the box when he could have played lovenkrands in for a one on one was naive.

he is young like and has time to improve so i can see what some people are getting at. i'd say sell him if it looked like we were bringing in 2-3 quality strikers but as that is unlikely, we can't really afford to let him go. you never know, he could kick on and develop into a decent player but you're absolutely right that he's miles behind shola at the moment.