Desperate Dyer!!!

sammynb

Yeah I'd be suicidal if I was earning an alleged 80k a week to lie on the treatment table.

Sorry but why does this man feel the need to constantly go to the media with his tales of woe? Or is it all a big ploy so Sven doesn't forget him come June 2006?

(By the way how many people do you know who are suicidal because they are paid vast sums of money for having the job of their dreams? Really puts those who have genuine worries and suffering to shame, doesn't it, how dare they don't go to the media and moan!)

Dyer left 'suicidal' by injuries

Newcastle midfielder Kieron Dyer has revealed that his battle against frustrating injury and illness left him feeling "suicidal".

The 26-year-old's recovery from hamstring and other muscle problems has been complicated by illness.

Dyer said: "I was suicidal after the West Brom game when I broke down injured again.

"I was at an all-time low, that's when the physio, the manager and my family stepped in and kept supporting me."

Dyer has started only two games for Newcastle this season and his last appearance was at The Hawthorns on 30 October.

That has placed his chances of making the England squad for next summer's World Cup in Germany in jeopardy.

Dyer has spent a productive two weeks at the British Olympic Medical Centre and said: "I hope to be back sooner rather than later."

The England midfielder's recovery has not been helped by a side effect of the drugs to treat his illness, which render him more prone to muscle injuries.

Dyer added: "I have obviously had a medical problem that the fans don't know about. They just kept seeing me break down and they are frustrated by it but didn't know the full story.

"Now they do. It was a blessing that the club issued a statement so that everyone now has an explanation as to why I kept breaking down. It has taken the pressure off.

"I want to get back as soon as possible. The team have been struggling and I know I can help when I'm fit."

Dyer was scheduled to return to training with Newcastle last Monday but following his latest setback he will remain at the BOMC in Harrow.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...ted/4523400.stm

Published: 2005/12/13 02:26:56 GMT

© BBC MMV

Has it occured to you that the lad might actually enjoy playing football and be missing it regardless of how much he gets paid a week? That he might have harboured ambitions for playing in the World Cup which he now sees going up in smoke?

I've got no problems with the fact he's depressed at his injury problems.

80k a week for a little arsehole who treated the captains armband like it was a piece of dogshit.

Thought is also he could donate a small part of that to build a bog in the doorway he pissed in.

No sympathy whatsoever, the sooner he f*cks off and takes his manager who thinks the sun shines out of his arse with him the better off we will be.

He says the fans know the full facts now.

Sorry, I missed them - can somebody put me straight? There was a statement from the club which didn't tell us much, other than he has medical problems. If the full facts were known then a few more folk would be a bit more sympathetic.

I understand his extreme frustration at being continually injured, but I cannot help think he was being a bit OTT regarding the depression. Extremely frustrated and pissed off but depression?? Isn't clinical depression something that is very difficult to eradicate and doesn't necessarily come about when one cannot do something one wants to?

80k a week for a little arsehole who treated the captains armband like it was a piece of dogshit.

Thought is also he could donate a small part of that to build a bog in the doorway he pissed in.

No sympathy whatsoever, the sooner he f*cks off and takes his manager who thinks the sun shines out of his arse with him the better off we will be.

67285[/snapback]

I'm guessing this thread would go on for pages if I questioned how you can have this attitude towards Dyer but a totally different one towards a player that attacked the first team coach and allegedly racially abused a bouncer at a nightclub?

67285[/snapback]

I'm guessing this thread would go on for pages if I questioned how you can have this attitude towards Dyer but a totally different one towards a player that attacked the first team coach and allegedly racially abused a bouncer at a nightclub?

67289[/snapback]

Bellamy was never injured though

:lol:

While sympathising with him, I can't quite understand how he got an improved deal when he signed a new contract.

67291[/snapback]

I reckon this 80k a week talk is bollocks myself. Shepherd doesn't strike me as the type to hand out a 4m quid a year contract to a player that he's already got at the club.

I reckon this 80k a week talk is bollocks myself.  Shepherd doesn't strike me as the type to hand out a 4m quid a year contract to a player that he's already got at the club.

67294[/snapback]

Wrong!!

80k/week = £4,160,000/year NOT £4m!!!!!

Your maths! tsk!

I reckon this 80k a week talk is bollocks myself.  Shepherd doesn't strike me as the type to hand out a 4m quid a year contract to a player that he's already got at the club.

67294[/snapback]

Wrong!!

80k/week = £4,160,000/year NOT £4m!!!!!

Your maths! tsk!

67297[/snapback]

160k is merely a rounding to me. :lol:

67285[/snapback]

67289[/snapback]

What Bellamy has done is nothing compared to Dyer, and Bellamy also performed on the pitch where it counts. The only thing Bellamy has done is call the manager, whereas Dyer disgraced the symbol of the clubs captaincy.

So, you are right. It could go on for ages.

67285[/snapback]

67289[/snapback]

What Bellamy has done is nothing compared to Dyer, and Bellamy also performed on the pitch where it counts. The only thing Bellamy has done is call the manager, whereas Dyer disgraced the symbol of the clubs captaincy.

67300[/snapback]

And attacking the first team coach with a chair? Was that just harmless high jinks?

67285[/snapback]

67289[/snapback]

What Bellamy has done is nothing compared to Dyer, and Bellamy also performed on the pitch where it counts. The only thing Bellamy has done is call the manager , whereas Dyer disgraced the symbol of the clubs captaincy.

67300[/snapback]

And racially abused a doorman in Cardiff and attack the assistant manager with a chair in the departure lounge at Newcastle Airport and assault a lass down the Quayside :lol:

67285[/snapback]

67289[/snapback]

What Bellamy has done is nothing compared to Dyer, and Bellamy also performed on the pitch where it counts. The only thing Bellamy has done is call the manager , whereas Dyer disgraced the symbol of the clubs captaincy.

67300[/snapback]

And racially abused a doorman in Cardiff and attack the assistant manager with a chair in the departure lounge at Newcastle Airport and assault a lass down the Quayside :lol:

67308[/snapback]

I think in LM's world abusing Souness absolves you of all your sins. :lol:

I'd imagine AIDS would make you suicidal.  :lol:

67326[/snapback]

I heard a rumour you don't have to imagine! :lol:

Sammy: You're being a bit of a muppet.

I seem to have missed something, what did Dyer do as regards the captaincy?

67331[/snapback]

Chucked away the armband iirc, Middlesbrough away last season???

67331[/snapback]

67341[/snapback]

He then pissed on it and set it alight, iirc.

67331[/snapback]

67341[/snapback]

He then pissed on it and set it alight, iirc.

67345[/snapback]

After wiping his arse on it.