Tyne Bridge 2 days ago

henda11

Not sure if there is a topic on this, but one of the couriers at work the other day was telling me about the bloke who jump from the top of the Tyne Bridge the other day.

anyway, the courier was telling me how the bloke was up the top with a bag of cans, and was flexing his arms/muscles as if he were being cocky, then it got to the point where the fire crew were extending the ladder toward him to try and grab him or talk him down and he just jumped.

Poor bloke, but at the same time attention seeking prick. I cannot for the life of me put up with suicidal people who will kill themselves infront of other members of the public, because i find it so fucking selfish because its going to effect those in the public who saw it for life.

Seen that on fb.

Name goes here

tryin to enjoy a lovely meal with ********* and ******** in the slug and lettuce while someone jumps off the tyne bridge outside the window!!

Monday at 21:35 · Like ·

Someone was threatening to throw themselves off the High Level a couple of Sundays ago when I was passing. Samaritans trying to talk him back over the barrier. Looked like he'd had a few. Didn't hear any more about it so I assumed it was a cry for help and they got him down.

Suicide makes me think of train disruption nowadays and on that note did anyone see that story about the Northampton train that caught fire the other day?

Only saw a brief report but a lass died trapped in the toilet - horrible way to go.

Suicide makes me think of train disruption nowadays and on that note did anyone see that story about the Northampton train that caught fire the other day?

Only saw a brief report but a lass died trapped in the toilet - horrible way to go.

I got the impression she'd set herself on fire in the netty.

I got the impression she'd set herself on fire in the netty.

She did. She was a bit mental by all accounts and killed one of her kids 10 years ago

I used to work at the Marsden Grotto and people used to jump off the cliffs on a regular basis. One guy jumped landed on the roof of the restaurant, broke both his legs and a number of other bones but survived. I got sick of seeing blankets, tents of coffins on the beach.

I used to work at the Marsden Grotto and people used to jump off the cliffs on a regular basis. One guy jumped landed on the roof of the restaurant, broke both his legs and a number of other bones but survived. I got sick of seeing blankets, tents of coffins on the beach.

Had my first ever date with the wife at the Grotto. :(

Charmed here with half a cider and black and Three times a lady on the jukebox.

Had my first ever date with the wife at the Grotto. :(

Charmed here with half a cider and black and Three times a lady on the jukebox.

I worked there many moons ago not even sure if its still open

Had my first ever date with the wife at the Grotto. :razz:

Charmed here with half a cider and black and Three times a lady on the jukebox.Then, when she realised my intentions, she jumped.

:(

Not sure if there is a topic on this, but one of the couriers at work the other day was telling me about the bloke who jump from the top of the Tyne Bridge the other day.

anyway, the courier was telling me how the bloke was up the top with a bag of cans, and was flexing his arms/muscles as if he were being cocky, then it got to the point where the fire crew were extending the ladder toward him to try and grab him or talk him down and he just jumped.

Poor bloke, but at the same time attention seeking prick. I cannot for the life of me put up with suicidal people who will kill themselves infront of other members of the public, because i find it so fucking selfish because its going to effect those in the public who saw it for life.

He didn't commit suicide he fell i should know he is my uncle he was protesting so next time before you say things like make sure you have the facts as he was a lovely man he was not selfish and never mind the public what about his family as his mother and father has had to say good bye to there son and he was not a fucking prick ok

Sorry for your loss.

I don't think anyone meant anything personal.

Well if someone calls him a prick that is personal maybe they should keep things like that to themselves and what i was trying to get across was it was not suicide yes maybe he was stupid for going on the bridge like that but he didn't intend to die that day

I had a friend a few years ago who died in a car crash and he was in the newspaper and everyone had an opinion - it just makes it worse and it doesn't help the grief. It would be best to ignore people who have nothing to do with it or know nothing about the man. Don't take it to heart and look after your family and the people who need it.

I had a friend a few years ago who died in a car crash and he was in the newspaper and everyone had an opinion - it just makes it worse and it doesn't help the grief. It would be best to ignore people who have nothing to do with it or know nothing about the man. Don't take it to heart and look after your family and the people who need it.

I agree with you tom at least someone has brains on here

did he have a bag of cans and tickets to the gun show then, what was he protesting?

looked on the bbc site etc figured such things would be on the news,

No he didn't have tickets to a gun show yes he had a few cans but he was not drunk and if it wasn't so windy he would probs still be here as the wind made his balance unsteady