£5M offer for french left back rejected

ToonMarshy

While I understand your cynicism, they do seem pretty serious about it (probably because of English dominance).

I've had a bit google around and most seem quite in favour of it and that it will make future challenges on the elite more realistic. It should also pull down transfer fees and wages.

Oh, well, if you've Googled it I'm sure that's the full story.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

????? Whats that got to do with UEFA ??????

Nothing on the face of it, but people are often utterly powerless to do the things they want to do when the ultimate power on any given situation they are in is in the hands of the very powerful and fabuously wealthy. I bet Alan Pardew wanted to keep Andy Carroll, but was powerless to.

I bet the folk at UEFA are very noble and sincere in stopping the power of the English clubs creating a more level playing field for football, but the power in football isnt in their hands, it's in the hands of the people who finance football, not who govern it. This is a bit like shutting the door after the horse has bolted (the horse probably fucked off about 15 years ago tbh) if you ask me and will make little or no difference.

But fair play to them, on the face of it we may do well in this system, but even if the changes do stick and we are one of the best financed teams, Newcastle United will find a way of royally fucking things up anyway. 'Tis the law :icon_lol:

Amen to all that, PL.

Nothing on the face of it, but people are often utterly powerless to do the things they want to do when the ultimate power on any given situation they are in is in the hands of the very powerful and fabuously wealthy. I bet Alan Pardew wanted to keep Andy Carroll, but was powerless to.

I bet the folk at UEFA are very noble and sincere in stopping the power of the English clubs creating a more level playing field for football, but the power in football isnt in their hands, it's in the hands of the people who finance football, not who govern it. This is a bit like shutting the door after the horse has bolted (the horse probably fucked off about 15 years ago tbh) if you ask me and will make little or no difference.

But fair play to them, on the face of it we may do well in this system, but even if the changes do stick and we are one of the best financed teams, Newcastle United will find a way of royally fucking things up anyway. 'Tis the law :icon_lol:

Amen to all that, PL.

aye, exactly. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the people who run football ie the people who finance it, tell FIFA/UEFA to go to fuck and form their own Champions Leagues, etc, including their own World Cup, with the backing of the TV companies who will be only too pleased to help with the finance .... and tailor football even more towards the part of the world where the money is ie Northern and Western Europe, this could actually be the end of FIFA/UEFA, and when you look at the PC correct shambles that it is, particularly after the recent farce of choosing the venues for the next World Cups, its their just desserts.

Then Blatter and Platini etc can have their African dictatorships and banana republics all to themselves playing for the micky mouse WC instead.

Edited by LeazesMag

Amen to all that, PL.

aye, exactly. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the people who run football ie the people who finance it, tell FIFA/UEFA to go to fuck and form their own Champions Leagues, etc, including their own World Cup, with the backing of the TV companies who will be only too pleased to help with the finance .... and tailor football even more towards the part of the world where the money is ie Northern and Western Europe, this could actually be the end of FIFA/UEFA, and when you look at the PC correct shambles that it is, particularly after the recent farce of choosing the venues for the next World Cups, its their just desserts.

Then Blatter and Platini etc can have their African dictatorships and banana republics all to themselves playing for the micky mouse WC instead.

There's absolutely no way UEFA will have the cojones to kick a Man U, Real, Barca out of the Champions League if they dont fall into their policy, it'll turn out to be a shambles IMO

Amen to all that, PL.

What you chaps all seem to be forgetting is that "Football" seems to want it.

The premier league approves of it and the premier league clubs themselves have welcomed it.

Their doesnt appear to be any descenting voices out their in the world of football.

I also cant understand why any football fan would be against it. Clubs having to live within their means, transfer fees and wages coming down.

Amen to all that, PL.

There's absolutely no way UEFA will have the cojones to kick a Man U, Real, Barca out of the Champions League if they dont fall into their policy, it'll turn out to be a shambles IMO

no, what I meant, is that ManU, Barcelona etc will kick UEFA into touch and the TV companies will go with the clubs. Or the clubs will go with the TV companies....

A cap on money, yes we realise it would be nice and idealistic, but the urge to succeed and the desire [and money based motivation] to do it will succeed in the end.

Edit.

The Champions League, will become a Champions League. The teams who voted for the expansion of the European Cup/Champions League, did it to preserve their own status and semi-permanent qualification. They will not like this being threatened. It makes the long term formation of an actual Champions League one step closer. And guess who will vote for it, and guess where the TV companies will be falling over themselves to televise....

Edited by LeazesMag

Leazes, Man U, Barcelona etc have all agreed to it. Its a done deal. Nobody seems to be against it.

wake up and smell the coffee. I'm not saying I'm against it, but what the likely ending is. Comprehend ?

You're blind. You don't see much reality do you, you live in a dreamland, you have no comprehension, you still believe in fairies. The same as your defence of Mike Ashley. Nobody is saying we wouldn't like the club to make profits and live within its means and play in the Champions League, we are just saying that its highly unlikely if not impossible in the real world - at least I am anyway.

Leazes, Man U, Barcelona etc have all agreed to it. Its a done deal. Nobody seems to be against it.

wake up and smell the coffee. I'm not saying I'm against it, but what the likely ending is. Comprehend ?

You're blind. You don't see much reality do you, you live in a dreamland, you have no comprehension, you still believe in fairies. The same as your defence of Mike Ashley. Nobody is saying we wouldn't like the club to make profits and live within its means and play in the Champions League, we are just saying that its highly unlikely if not impossible in the real world - at least I am anyway.

Man U, Barcelona etc have all agreed to it

Who is going to break away when all clubs are in favour of it?

Hey yeah, maybe we've stumbled upon something all those other big clubs out there have missed and maybe the relegation was a bitter pill we had to swallow. Either that or the clubs with real money will find a work around and it'll be business as usual. Hmm, I wonder...

We'll see. When is the TV contract up for renewal ? Most people think a Champions League will happen one day, do you think this will put paid to that ? I don't, personally, and when it does, the clubs who are in it will be wanting more money, and the TV companies will throw a much bigger slice of their money at it ? How will they be chosen, if the playing field is "more level" ?

I think it's inevitable.

Edited by LeazesMag

I dont really understand any of this post but here goes.

We'll see. When is the TV contract up for renewal ?

Which TV contract?

Most people think a Champions League will happen one day, do you think this will put paid to that ?

We already have a champions league????

I don't, personally, and when it does, the clubs who are in it will be wanting more money, and the TV companies will throw a much bigger slice of their money at it ? How will they be chosen, if the playing field is "more level" ?

Particularly dont understand this bit. How will who be chosen? Even though the playing field is more level you will still have champions of leagues at the end of the season and they are the teams that play in the champions league, as they do now

I think it's inevitable.

What is?

Leazes, im not sure if you finished work early today, but none of that seems to make any sense to me at all.

The facts are UEFA want this and the clubs have agreed to it. All it really stops is loaded benefactors being able to spunk 100 mill of private cash on players like Chelsea and City have done. Nothing much else will change. Teams will still win leagues and compete in european competitions.

I can see where all the synicism is comming from tbh, but firstly it's got nowt to do with driving down "the english clubs", the richer clubs will still be the richer clubs and will have more spending/pulling power in relation to that richness. The whole point IMO of the rules is to drive down/control transfer fees and importantly player wages. i.e. keeping money in the game, which also means, if you are an owner, you might just start to be able to make some money out of football.

If you think about it, becasue of the break even rule, it's like a stealth salary cap based upon club revenue. I sincerely hope it works and is enforced. (and yes I have my doubts).

I would like to add that from a personal viewpoint, I absolutely do not think Ashley was "visionary" in any way in the financial positioning the club, his driver was solely 100% to save himself money. It is purely co-incidental that same "position" is in line with the new rules. BUT given we are who we are, NUFC "could" hugely benefit from the situation (Until Ashley likely fucks it up, somehow).

It won't really "stop" Man U or Barca or Real or Bayern, but it will effect the likes of Man City. From peripheral articles I've read the rules aren't just Platini's, as a sort of dictator, he's had support and encouragement from ownership as well.

I can't believe even a "mega-rich" ownership likes to pay the bling twats £100-200K a week (out of their own pockets), but currently they have to, to maintain their positions, because if they don't someone else will and onwards and upwards it sprials. Surely even they want it to stop.