Newcastle United v Manchester United

Christmas Tree

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with you normally Stevie, but this is a game I just can't see us getting anything from. They'll either be riding high after beating their local rivals and hoping to do a treble, or looking for some whipping boys to humiliate as retribution for being dumped out of the cup by their recently rich local rivals.

IF we had Carroll and a settled team I'd be more positive. But we don't So I'm not.

I think we'll win the treble next season.

And ameobi will score 50 league goals.

Hacking sniffer's account is bad form CT, even for you.

Be concious of the harsh reality of the situation ma'man :D:icon_lol:

I look at the teams dominating this league and this season sees the poorest sides the respective teams have turned out in... well in fucking ages. Sure Chelsea has a lot of the same players, but Bosingwa is half the player he was before the injury. Terry's lost what little pace he had that permitted him to catch up to his own mistakes. Drogba and Lampard and Cole are still good players, but they're not as good as they were last season.

Man U have been without a 1st choice central defensive partnership for a lot of the season and have looked resolute.

Arsenal crippled by injury but even at full strength still look shit compared to previous years.

Liverpool have a fucking terrible squad

Man City have spent a staggering amount and have (imo) committed the same cardinal sin of spending vast sums on average players only to have them sit on the bench.

If this is true (and I believe it is) it breaks my heart because we're are still years away from all of them.

I take your point but i just think we can get summit out of it on tuesday.

Everybody hopes we can.

But you can't point to anything other than Manu might rest players with bigger games coming up, because they think we are so bad that the likes of Smalling can do a job rather than Vidic. Or gibson and Anderson rather than Giggs

Positivity breeds positivity telling you that now.

Two positives make a negative. So I'm never too positive just in case.

Are you sure? :icon_lol:

Positivity breeds positivity telling you that now.

Two positives make a negative. So I'm never too positive just in case.

How positive are you about that little ditty?

Written this off, sort of.

Which is good, in a way, as getting anything from the match would be a bonus. At best we'll draw it. At worst we'll be annihilated.

I almost have as well because manu have got into that really annoying kind of run where regardless of playing well or shite they keep getting result after result and so you just know we'll actually turn up and play well only to be robbed, or as you say it could go really badly.

But on the other hand they've just lost a game, they have alot on their plate with fa cup and CL, which we don't and our record at home against last seasons top 4 is to draw with them, so who knows. If we don't concede early then it could be a really good game.

Everybody hopes we can.

But you can't point to anything other than Manu might rest players with bigger games coming up, because they think we are so bad that the likes of Smalling can do a job rather than Vidic. Or gibson and Anderson rather than Giggs

What? Smalling's class.

I don't think Fergie is mad enough to put a Carling cup squad out but if Jonny Evans and Smalling were to start with Johno, Gibbo, Carrick and Obertan in front... you might have a chance.