Whos imogen of big brother been shagging?

Dafydd

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Giggs named by MP as injunction footballer

A married footballer named on Twitter as having an injunction over an alleged affair with a reality TV star has been named in Parliament by Lib Dem MP John Hemming as Ryan Giggs.

Mr Hemming named him during an urgent Commons question on privacy orders.

Using parliamentary privilege to break the court order, he said it would not be practical to imprison the 75,000 Twitter users who had named the player.

Earlier the High Court again ruled that the injunction should not be lifted.

Parliamentary privilege protects MPs and peers from prosecution for statements made in the House of Commons or House of Lords.

Addressing MPs, Mr Hemming said: "Mr Speaker, with about 75,000 people having named Ryan Giggs it is obviously impracticable to imprison them all."

In court, Mr Justice Eady rejected a fresh application by Sun publisher News Group Newspapers to discharge the privacy injunction.

The judge said: "The court's duty remains to try and protect the claimant, and particularly his family, from intrusion and harassment so long as it can."

Lib Dem MP John Hemming was fully protected by parliamentary privilege. Media organisations have only qualified privilege which means they do not have an absolute right to report what an MP says in Parliament.

In reality though once an MP says something in Parliament it is very difficult to stop that becoming widely known.

News organisations were torn between their duty to observe a court order and their obligation to viewers, listeners and readers.

Once some news organisations started publishing Ryan Giggs's name, other news organisations agreed that it would be unrealistic to pretend that the injunction had any purpose or would be maintained beyond the afternoon.

On Sunday, a Scottish paper named Mr Giggs as being the footballer identified on Twitter.

The Attorney General Dominic Grieve told the Commons the prime minister had asked for a joint committee of peers and MPs to investigate the use of privacy orders.

David Cameron has written a letter to John Whittingdale, chairman of the Commons culture committee, recommending the setting up of a new body.

Mr Whittingdale told the Commons developments in this area were "moving very rapidly".

"You virtually need to be living in an igloo not to know the identity of at least one of the premiership footballers.

"We are in danger of making the law look like an ass."

Mr Cameron told ITV1's Daybreak banning newspapers from naming such stars while the information was widely available on the internet was both "unsustainable" and "unfair".

In another case brought by a separate footballer, known to the court as TSE, a High Court judge ruled on Monday that comments on Twitter about the private life of a famous person did not mean there should be no injunction preventing newspapers from publishing stories about him.

I think it's canny funny that in trying to hush it up, he's made this a much fucking bigger deal than it ever would have been.

Exactly. If this came out 2 weeks ago, it'd have been news for 4 days and then ultimately forgotten about. It's his own fault.

Though if I could get away with it, I'd definitely plunge her.

Sky news and BBC have said it on their website and some other forums have named the player. But some daft reason RAWK (Liverpool forum) the mods are not letting you say his name. So I've edited me posts were I've named the player to be on the safe side. Others or the mods may want to think about it.

Edited by Dafydd

apparently Ryan Giggs is feeling a bit homesick.

In a recent quote he said "Whilst very happy and settled in Manchester, I still do Miss Wales every now and then"

;) ;)

Fergie? Why should he let showbiz tittle tattle disrupt his preparations for the biggest game of the season?

"Tittle tattle" implies the odd scurrilous rumour here and there. It's not what I'd call a mass cross-media campaign of suppress and deny waged by a senior professional and his lawyers hell-bent on covering up something that's already long since in the public domain. Typical "Fergie" though, certainly.

Fergie? Why should he let showbiz tittle tattle disrupt his preparations for the biggest game of the season?

He shouldn't. He can just dismiss the question.

Mike Ashley banned Dave Kidd and Alan Oliver from St James' over their tittle tattle, and it makes him a prick too.

Fergie still won't speak to the BBC because Jimmy Hill correctly criticised Eric Cantona over 15 years ago. It's the longest going flounce in the history of football. He was ranting about the BBC being against them and wanting them to lose, yet he's still viewed as a wiley old master of mind games. Keegan though, still gets ripped to shreds because he got emotional in that sky interview that he forgot as soon as it was over.

That's what a few trophies can let you get away with I guess. Makes you impervious to ANY criticism.