Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

going to get all deano now but the prospect of this lineup is exciting me.

-------------------krul

debuchy----colo----mbwia-----santon

--------------tiote----cabaye

-----ben arfa---sissoko---gouffran

-------------------cisse

-------------------krul

-------------------cisse

That's a team that should be challenging for Europe really. Quality in all areas. All good ages. Pace, tenacity, strength, skill, leadership (Krul. MYM, Colo).

Pardew really has no excuses at the moment.

*edit; and all but Gouffran are recent/current full internationals.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Not that it will happen but there's an argument to say Taylor is more worthy than Coloccini as a starter at the moment.

Could well be our starting two come August anyway. Notwithstanding fitness issues I think Taylor has been quite decent for us over the last two years. Matter of time before he's back in the physio room however.

-------------------krul

-------------------cisse

get the fuck out deano, match tactics arent allowed in football forums.

Kop block: Newcastle want new Hatem Ben Arfa deal to keep Liverpool at bay

24 Feb 2013 22:30

Alan Pardew wants ALL the French players to himself and might tempt midfield schemer with a lavish cheese board PLUS Ameobi heading to Boro

Newcastle want Hatem Ben Arfa to sign a new contract – to keep him away from Liverpool’s clutches.

Toon boss Alan Pardew has been sounded out by Kop chief Brendan Rodgers about his French star, but does not want to do business.

Now Ben Arfa, who is coming back from a lengthy injury lay-off, is due to sort out new terms to bump up his salary and tie him down for his peak years.

The 25-year-old has been a stand-out for the Geordies when fit and his problems this season have come at the same time as the club’s slide down the table.

Pardew wants to keep Ben Arfa sweet after signing so many of his fellow countrymen, some on big pay days, so an extension is on the cards.

Rodgers has been looking at the midfielder as an Anfield target but the fee would be a problem.

And with so many similar players in his squad it would be a luxury capture.

I'm not sure Liverpool are that attractive anymore, so it comes down to transfer fee and wages. If the fee's a problem, difficult to see it happening. I'd be more worried if a top club were after him than Liverpool. Presumably a decent offer from PSG would see him leave but I could see him going somewhere like Arsenal

I'm sure you all had similar discussions over Enrique.

Footballers follow the money.

If Liverpool are the ones offering silly bucks then that's where him or most others will go.

Yes but I don't think they've got the money to throw around atm on fees and wages. They've spunked a shitload on average players in recent years is my impression