Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

Surely it's in everyone's interests to bury the hatchet, get him in the match day squad again instead of sticking him in with the stiffs. It's petty and way too punitive. What good will it do?

Β 

He can do a job this season as part of that midfield outlined on the previous page or at the very least put himself in the shop window if the club have given up on him.

Β 

That's what I don't get. This isn't going to increase his value, it's going to end up in him leaving for free or going for pennies. I suppose we'll see when the season kicks off what happens. If he's brought back into the first team then we'll know that they just wanted to move him on. If he isn't, it must have been something else.

Β 

Seems a crying shame though given how good our team could be, that we're not prepared to make this work. That said, I wonder if the key issue is the problems in the dressing room. It might make bringing him back into the fold at this point a challenge.

Edited by Rayvin

Pardew has finally opened up on the Hatem Ben Arfa situation at Newcastle United.

Β 

The playmaker has been axed and is training with the reserves at Benton.

Β 

And after leaving him out of the squad for the Schalke 04 Cup this weekend, Pardew has suggested that Ben Arfa’s lack of professionalism has cost him a place in the Toon squad this summer.

Β 

β€œIt’s a simple situation,” Pardew told BBC Newcastle.

Β 

β€œWe have a professionalism and a level of commitment to our work that he needs to fall into and until he falls into that he won’t be part of the first team. He isn’t at the moment and he’s injured today, ironically, but he’s still part of the club.”

Β 

"We have a professionalism" bit rich coming from someone who was banned for misconduct last season.

:lol: Immediately jumping on the manager with absolutely no idea of how the player is behaving. "No, YOU are the one what is the unprofessional, so called Mr Manager!"

I think we're entitled to be a little sceptical when a manager that head butts opposing players calls one of his own out for being unprofessional

I have to question why Pardew has seemingly froze him out under a cloud of uncertainty.

Β 

Surely Pardew should sit him or his agent down and make the path back into the first team clear - e.g. assign him a club appointed personal trainer, dietitian and psychologist.

Β 

I can only assume Pardew has not made it clear because he's in the last year of his contract and he wants him to leave.

So what can we deduce from Ben Arfa being at the club at this time?

No club wants him. Not even for a pissy nominal fee. Not even a club from the middle east. I rest my case.

So what can we deduce from Ben Arfa being at the club at this time?

No club wants him. Not even for a pissy nominal fee. Not even a club from the middle east. I rest my case.

AC Milan were quote 12m in the papers

To be fair, they could all be wondering the same things we are...

Β 

"He's a really good player but there must be something wrong if Newcastle don't want to play him at all...I mean, they're not stupid..."

It's always a good ploy if you want to sell a player to speak out in the press about how unprofessional he is. Reminds me of the genius hand Souness and Shepherd played when we got about 1/4 of what Bellamy was worth (that's not a direct comparison between the two players btw).

It's always a good ploy if you want to sell a player to speak out in the press about how unprofessional he is. Reminds me of the genius hand Souness and Shepherd played when we got about 1/4 of what Bellamy was worth (that's not a direct comparison between the two players btw).

The club is run top to bottom by clowns (in purely football terms) bar that scout who hangs around French games. We must have the worst coaching staff in the league.

Edited by Park Life

The club is run top to bottom by clowns (in purely football terms) bar that scout who hangs around French games. We must have the worst coaching staff in the league.

Small steps for Ashley...

It does make you wonder what the likes of HBA and Cabella make of getting tech uncial advice from Carver, Stone and Pardew

When you think about how important the role of manager is (and how it's almost equally important that the manager is suported by able coaches) then it's ridiculous how little Ashley is prepared to spend on the manager / back room staff. Even more so when you consider what the likes of JFK and Wise were on for doing fuck all (or worse than fuck all in Wise's case).

It really is. More so when your transfer policy is built around developing young players to sell on for a profit.