Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

In case the distinction needs clarification: Microwaves 'save' a food's nutrition; as a result, its flavour and texture are 'missed'.

:lol: :lol:

I forgot all about that.

I was watching American Hustle over the weekend and never made the connection with CT when she blew up the microwave..

Not so much the penalty, just the picture. Looks like jarrow roofings pitch. Fine for the kids just seems sad that he's playing such venues.

You realise that Alan Shearer has played at similar grounds, as has Thierry Henry, or Christiano Ronaldo. :lol:

So you think it's in no way sad that a talented player such as HBA, who less than a year ago was hoping to get to the world cup in Brazil, is today playing in a game like that at a venue like that?

Fair enough :)

No. I think it's evident that Pardew didn't think him fit enough for the New Zealand or Schalke trip and so has him playing lower class opposition so he gets match fitness. I don't think it's terminal as I think you do.

I don't think it's sad, I think it's immaterial.

And remarking on the extra no, when you caveat every post with a smiley face is a little odd, don't you think?

Edited by The Fish

"Great" players, in the "prime" of their careers, do not play at grounds like that. Do I also need to talk about the circumstances that he finds himself in?

Just want to throw this in the mix. Pardew is a cunt. I know, I know, we have no idea what is actually going on behind closed doors and who is to blame etc. It's just how I feel.

Players like HBA is what watching football is all about. They are exciting to watch and can make great things happen.

He might need a different skill set to manage him but he's worth the extra TLC IMO.

Pardew's record post Xmas was diabolical. Normally such awful form would cost you your job. His conduct is also shocking.

Not saying I want to see him sacked as you don't know what you would end up with, especially with that fat cunt in charge. But if we have a crap set if results then so be it.

"Pardew is a cunt" sums up the situation nicely IMO.

Edited by Slayer

No. I think it's evident that Pardew didn't think him fit enough for the New Zealand or Schalke trip and so has him playing lower class opposition so he gets match fitness. I don't think it's terminal as I think you do.

I don't think it's sad, I think it's immaterial.

And remarking on the extra no, when you caveat every post with a smiley face is a little odd, don't you think?

No, no I don't :)

"Great" players, in the "prime" of their careers, do not play at grounds like that. Do I also need to talk about the circumstances that he finds himself in?

They do when they're not match fit.

CT is reacting to a good player playing at a shit reserve ground as if that's what his career will forever be. We all know it won't, so why the histrionics?

Oh right, because it's CT

Just want to throw this in the mix. Pardew is a cunt. I know, I know, we have no idea what is actually going on behind closed doors and who is to blame etc. It's just how I feel.

Players like HBA is what watching football is all about. They are exciting to watch and can make great things happen.

He might need a different skill set to manage him but he's worth the extra TLC IMO.

Pardew's record post Xmas was diabolical. Normally such awful form would cost you your job. His conduct is also shocking.

Not saying I want to see him sacked as you don't know what you would end up with, especially with that fat cunt in charge. But if we have a crap set if results then so be it.

I like the cut of your jib.

I like it a lot. :D

CT is reacting to a good player playing at a shit reserve ground as if that's what his career will forever be. We all know it won't, so why the histrionics?

I don't think this is just about match fitness by a long shot. You obviously disagree, but that's the context that's being talked about.

The statement released by his agent suggests Ben Arfa doesn't think it's about match fitness. Pardew's talk of professionalism suggests (a little more tenuously) he doesn't think it's about match fitness.

I don't think that's what CT was saying. Equally, I don't think he finds it 'sad' in any way. He was after a chomp, so it's mission accomplished.

I don't think this is just about match fitness by a long shot. You obviously disagree, but that's the context that's being talked about.

The statement released by his agent suggests Ben Arfa doesn't think it's about match fitness. Pardew's talk of professionalism suggests (a little more tenuously) he doesn't think it's about match fitness.

I took Pardew's (ill advised) comments about professionalism to be in reference to Ben Arfa's attitude to training and returning a whole 1.5kg over-weight.

I don't doubt that Pardew has clashed with Ben Arfa, neither one of them strike me as being particularly easy to get along with. The difference is, it's Pardew's fucking job to get the best out of playboy millionaires who've never had a proper job in their life. It's Ben Arfa's job to apply all of his talent on the football pitch. Neither are doing their job particularly well, however Ben Arfa has, when he's got game time, at least shown endeavour on the pitch. Pardew has fined a spoiled brat and further ostracised a delicate flower from the group.

Should Ben Arfa take Gouffran's lead and keep schtum, work hard and wait for his chance? Of course he should. Should Pardew give the little genius more leeway than he is? You're darned tooting he should. Put it this way, if Ben Arfa was managed by Keegan or Robson he'd be sure to be one of the first names on the team sheet and he'd probably be working harder than he is.

Definitely reacts better to carrot than stick.