Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

Lee Ryder wrote on the Chronicle site about Ben Arfa been at the Gateshead game on Saturday, and that he had said that he wanted to take in the atmosphere and see a local game.

I received a mms on my phone yesterday evening, to open it and find a picture of a very lush Mercedes ride with plate beginning in, "BA...". This was sent from my brother and it turns out Hatem came into the bar that they were in yesterday and that my brother's friend was chatting with him for ages in there. He told us that he's such a nice guy, genuine, and seems keen to talk to fans and locals, rather than hiding away in a millionaire mansion and forgetting those who sing his name.

Now I remember getting a similar call when Andy Carroll was out in town, and as my brother approached him to speak to him, a 'heavy' who was with him was quick to throw my brother in the other way.

I've been curious as to the motives of Ben Arfa. Does he want to play in Black 'n White? Why does he love the place so much?

I always thought that players didn't really give two flyers about us lot who fork out to go and cheer the Toon along, but Hatem certainly seems to be different.

Lee Ryder wrote on the Chronicle site about Ben Arfa been at the Gateshead game on Saturday, and that he had said that he wanted to take in the atmosphere and see a local game.

I received a mms on my phone yesterday evening, to open it and find a picture of a very lush Mercedes ride with plate beginning in, "BA...". This was sent from my brother and it turns out Hatem came into the bar that they were in yesterday and that my brother's friend was chatting with him for ages in there. He told us that he's such a nice guy, genuine, and seems keen to talk to fans and locals, rather than hiding away in a millionaire mansion and forgetting those who sing his name.

Now I remember getting a similar call when Andy Carroll was out in town, and as my brother approached him to speak to him, a 'heavy' who was with him was quick to throw my brother in the other way.

I've been curious as to the motives of Ben Arfa. Does he want to play in Black 'n White? Why does he love the place so much?

I always thought that players didn't really give two flyers about us lot who fork out to go and cheer the Toon along, but Hatem certainly seems to be different.

Maybe he's impressed with the way the club has treated him during his injury lay off? Maybe it's because we're his first club outside of France where he was a rather divisive figure?

Maybe he's impressed with the way the club has treated him during his injury lay off? Maybe it's because we're his first club outside of France where he was a rather divisive figure?

which will only emphasise his u-turn even more when it comes.

Forcing is such a strong word. Just like cheating, it takes two to tango unfortunately. I dont believe Carroll is the all innocent in this. He had a contract to stay and decided not to honour it. He left for £80k a week!

I didn't really become a fan until after he was out, but I do remember seeing a highlight of his goal against Everton. What a screamer that was.

Still fucks me off that we never got to see what him and Carroll were like as a partnership.

<_< wonder where we'd be in the league now if we'd kept Carroll and Ben Arfa had never got injured.

Forcing is such a strong word. Just like cheating, it takes two to tango unfortunately. I dont believe Carroll is the all innocent in this. He had a contract to stay and decided not to honour it. He left for £80k a week!

Lack of ambition is the middle ground truth. That's not Andy's fault - he clearly has it.

Lack of ambition is the middle ground truth. That's not Andy's fault - he clearly has it.

Moving to a liverpool side who at the time below us in the table and on the decline. Andy Carroll is a cunt! FACT! he didn't have to leave, he had a contract and demanded more, he could of had everything he had ever dreamed of as a lad at this club, he was playing in the only shirt he apparently ever wanted to play in. If it meant so much to him he would have just not agreed any terms with liverpool plain and simple. It was his choice

Moving to a liverpool side who at the time below us in the table and on the decline. Andy Carroll is a cunt! FACT! he didn't have to leave, he had a contract and demanded more, he could of had everything he had ever dreamed of as a lad at this club, he was playing in the only shirt he apparently ever wanted to play in. If it meant so much to him he would have just not agreed any terms with liverpool plain and simple. It was his choice

Mike and Dekka love fans like you.

Mike and Dekka love fans like you.

<_<

• 1 month later...
I'm still bitter about his going but I think he'd have been a mug to himself not to go.

I thnk it was the right deal for both him and us, not that I like it.

It's got to be a concern whether he'll ever be fully right after that injury. Fair play to the club for taking the risk and signing him, but a bad leg break like that has ruined careers before. Still, I assume they've had medical advice and they must be optimistic.

he could of had everything he had ever dreamed of as a lad at this club

Except the salary, the trophies and the popularity.

Well, he may have had tha popularity. Thats it like.

In the City he plays perhaps. Not worldwide.

He wants Adidas putting him in glossy ads before films and that...not Donnay using his picture in the chronicle.

In the City he plays perhaps. Not worldwide.

He wants Adidas putting him in glossy ads before films and that...not Donnay using his picture in the chronicle.

A fair point.

Anyway, give him a year and he will be mixed in with the scouse scallies.

I think my point has been missed. He could have had anything he ever dreamed of as a lad He said himself that was all he ever wanted, the newcastle number 9 shirt. It's not like he would be skint either. My point is he was the one with a contract and he could have stayed if he wished. I am not saying he should have stayed either but it is extremley hypocritical to say all I want is 9 shirt and next minute I am leaving cos they want me too even though I have a 5 year contract! I don't understand the people who are feeling sorry for him (apart from the fact he is having to live with those scouse scumbags)