Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

Is getting stuffed 4-0 off Southampton really Pardews fault or Carvers?

:jesuswept:

Of course not. First and foremost it's the 11 on the pitch who surrendered.

:lol: You can't be this stupid/desperate for attention?

He's not a cunt but I'm not sure how good he really is at his job.

Both the playing and the coaching staff have to take a lot of blame for performances like Saturdays. But it's the coaching staff who are meant to help motivate the players to perform at their best. It's not like just one or two weren't at it.

Sick of our inconsistency, and whilst I can take a loss on the chin, I can't take our lot not putting the effort in.

I'm surprised the club haven't reimbursed the fans who went down to the match. I'd be beyond livid in their shoes.

They're all at fault, the players aren't doing their job as they're vastly underperforming. The staff are at fault as the team seem to be out there without any direction or hint of tactic, it's not enough to say "ahh well they're professionals they should be able to play football" they're going up against 11's that are also professional but have a clear philosophy and tactic in place for the game. They're both at fault for motivation, it's the staffs job to motivate the players but they players are also responsible as at the end of the day this is their job, in an office it's your bosses job to supervise you and make sure you're on task, if he wasn't doing his job it wouldn't give you the right to dick about doing nothing all day.

So in short they're all at fault for this, the reason Pardew gets flak instead of Carver and Stone is that he's the boss, he makes the final decisions and he's supposed to be devising the tactics etc.

CT has to be the most boring poster on the board. His posts could literally be written by an algorithm.

GET {from_among_NewcastleForum_posts} {PlayerNameMostMentioned;range=last_week}

- IF {ReferencedPosts} include {good;great;brill;excellent;quality;class;top;wonder} THEN post @{RandomThread} Nonsense. {Grownups;real men;football fans;most Newcastle fans} know that {PlayerNameMostMentioned} is {rubbish;terrible;poor;letting the team down;a disappointment;a luxury;inept}. Stick to {watching from the couch;playing Football Manager;watching the Spanish league} you {numpties;morons;children} {smileyemoticon}.

- IF {ReferencedPosts} include {rubbish;terrible;poor;letting the team down;a disappointment;a luxury;inept} THEN post @{RandomThread} Nonsense. {Grownups;real men;football fans;most Newcastle fans} know that {PlayerNameMostMentioned} is {good;great;brill;excellent;quality;class;top;wonder}. Stick to {watching from the couch;playing Football Manager;watching the Spanish league} you {numpties;morons;children} {smileyemoticon}.

p.s. before I get pulled up on it, I know that doesn't reference real code in any way, shape, or form.

Damn worse form compared to relegation ;)

Relegation relies on other teams form as well.

If you were a football fan, you'd understand that.

Damn worse form compared to relegation ;)

There were worse 14 game runs in the relegation season, but you'll struggle to find them. Especially prior to game 33 as we are now. I reckon we'll have a good chance to put a worse run together before the season is out too.

But then I wasn't going for accuracy. How it flowed off the tongue as a piss take was more important to me than the caveats of which runs might have been marginally worse. There was some poetic license taken, but it's valid because the basic premise of your illogical fallacy is clear for all to see.

:lol:

Cockneys :)

In all honesty CT, I think your heart is in the right place, you drive discussion by assuming the counter-view and you get a Hell of a lot of stick for it.

However, isn't there a way for you to do this without simply being a Troll? The club's malaise obviously trickles down from the top.

Assuming it's only the players that aren't playing ball, it must be hard to motivate yourself when the owner has consistently sold important players from the 1st team, be they the best striker in Carroll and Ba, the inspiring captain and goal scoring Nolan, or simply the best player in Cabaye. It must be hard to motivate yourself when the club doesn't want to drive for success in competitions. It must be hard to motivate when your manager is apparently bulletproof despite acting like a mouthy cunt. It must be hard to stop from looking around at other opportunities when even teams that are flirting with relegation are doing so with eyes of bettering that year after year.

Now say it's just the Board & Owner. Pardew has a job at the biggest club he's ever going to manage and an owner that is ruthless. Why risk kicking the goose that laid the golden egg? He's got a chance to work with good players like Cabaye et al and he's got a target that (for a club with the resources that we do) is eminently achievable for a man with his ability (or lack thereof). That said, he's operating in a system where he knows that it's entirely likely any kind of long term planning is pointless because the players that could bring that strategy to realisation could be sold from under him, or could demand a move to a club that is actively seeking success. He's got to try and motivate a squad that knows full well that once relegation is as good as avoided, their job is done and they can start booking holidays.

The truth is that it's everybody's responsibility to improve our lot, but nothing can happen until Mike Ashley goes.

The players can't be expected to be motivated when it's obvious to everyone that the club had nothing to play for the minute Cabaye stepped onto that plane and wasn't immediately replaced.

Pardew isn't going to rock the boat, he's a limited manager, but good enough to deliver Premier League safety more often than not.

It's not even about Mike Ashley spending hundreds of millions. We could be challenging for Europe and the Cups simply by not selling our best players in January. I guarantee we would have accrued more points with Cabaye than we have without him. Same as Ba last time. We could stick very close to the model he's operating under now and our lives would be much less frustrating.

:lol: You're well named as The Fish mind. CT, change your name to The Fisherman, please.

Passing time while I top up the tan.

In all honesty CT, I think your heart is in the right place, you drive discussion by assuming the counter-view and you get a Hell of a lot of stick for it.

However, isn't there a way for you to do this without simply being a Troll? The club's malaise obviously trickles down from the top.

Assuming it's only the players that aren't playing ball, it must be hard to motivate yourself when the owner has consistently sold important players from the 1st team, be they the best striker in Carroll and Ba, the inspiring captain and goal scoring Nolan, or simply the best player in Cabaye. It must be hard to motivate yourself when the club doesn't want to drive for success in competitions. It must be hard to motivate when your manager is apparently bulletproof despite acting like a mouthy cunt. It must be hard to stop from looking around at other opportunities when even teams that are flirting with relegation are doing so with eyes of bettering that year after year.

Now say it's just the Board & Owner. Pardew has a job at the biggest club he's ever going to manage and an owner that is ruthless. Why risk kicking the goose that laid the golden egg? He's got a chance to work with good players like Cabaye et al and he's got a target that (for a club with the resources that we do) is eminently achievable for a man with his ability (or lack thereof). That said, he's operating in a system where he knows that it's entirely likely any kind of long term planning is pointless because the players that could bring that strategy to realisation could be sold from under him, or could demand a move to a club that is actively seeking success. He's got to try and motivate a squad that knows full well that once relegation is as good as avoided, their job is done and they can start booking holidays.

The truth is that it's everybody's responsibility to improve our lot, but nothing can happen until Mike Ashley goes.

The players can't be expected to be motivated when it's obvious to everyone that the club had nothing to play for the minute Cabaye stepped onto that plane and wasn't immediately replaced.

Pardew isn't going to rock the boat, he's a limited manager, but good enough to deliver Premier League safety more often than not.

It's not even about Mike Ashley spending hundreds of millions. We could be challenging for Europe and the Cups simply by not selling our best players in January. I guarantee we would have accrued more points with Cabaye than we have without him. Same as Ba last time. We could stick very close to the model he's operating under now and our lives would be much less frustrating.

Such a long post (huge on Tapatalk) , even full of quite a lot of fluff, deserves an equally decent reply which I am unable to offer with one finger on Tapatalk.

However when I do reply from a PC (after finding Ants pizza dough recipe), one of the first things I will draw attention too is the silliness of referring to the lack of ambition in letting Nolan go, even though we replaced with a far superior player, who you are also lamenting letting go.

To be continued....

Such a long post (huge on Tapatalk) , even full of quite a lot of fluff, deserves an equally decent reply which I am unable to offer with one finger on Tapatalk.

However when I do reply from a PC (after finding Ants pizza dough recipe), one of the first things I will draw attention too is the silliness of referring to the lack of ambition in letting Nolan go, even though we replaced with a far superior player, who you are also lamenting letting go.

To be continued....

You've missed the point:

If a team consistently sees the most important players leave, they won't see the club as ambitious. Especially when improving or even just replacing them is an exception, rather than the rule.

You've missed the point:

If a team consistently sees the most important players leave, they won't see the club as ambitious. Especially when improving or even just replacing them is an exception, rather than the rule.

But on the one hand your bemoaning Nolans departure even though we replaced him with a better player in Cabaye.

You seem to be wanting to have your cake and eat it!

But on the one hand your bemoaning Nolans departure even though we replaced him with a better player in Cabaye.

You seem to be wanting to have your cake and eat it!

How are you not understanding this? :lol:

Ashley has not ambition beyond survival/top half. He will sell the best player, whomever it is, and will only replace them if he can do it for buttons. Which invariably leaves us short. We still don't own a striker.

How are you not understanding this? :lol:

Ashley has not ambition beyond survival/top half. He will sell the best player, whomever it is, and will only replace them if he can do it for buttons. Which invariably leaves us short. We still don't own a striker.

except for Cisse and Adam Campbell.